state your beer, drinkers

The Chicago BA crew flew out for Toronado's 24th anniversary party, so we had a filthy ridiculous tasting the night before:

295218_563595084080_30901258_31715558_2229913_n.jpg

L->R across the arc: Alexander Rodenbach, Barrel Aged PBR, 1994 Cantillon Gueuze, Cigar City Jose Marti porter on french oak, Alesmith barrel aged Decadence, 2011 Utopias, 2010 Dark Lord, 100% barrel aged Coton, Stranahan whiskey barrel aged milk porter, brandy barrel Eclipse, Churchill's Finest Hour 2011, 1988 Eylenbosch Faro, 2001 and 2002 Lop Pepe Framboise, 1999 Lou Pepe Gueuze, Hill Farmstead barrel aged smoked porter, apple brandy Smoke from the Oak, Port Le Woody Brune, 2009 and 2010 Fou Foune, (Hand bottle from a privately owned keg of Veritas 004 and Armand Spirit in the back). Front Row: Cantillon Zwanze 2008 and Branantiae(!!!1!1), Brabantse Trotse geuze blended for an Ebeneezer's beer dinner, brandy barrel Dark Lord, vanilla bean brandy barrel Dark Lord, Dark Lord De Muerte, Pappy Van Winkle barrel aged Dark Lord, apple brandy barrel aged Hunahpu's

Sexy Dark Lords

184122_563594989270_30901258_31715557_4207579_n.jpg

Makin it rain at Toronado: some combination of Marron Acidifie, Foeder no. 3 (hand selected by the owner Dave from the sour project area of New Belgium), Toronado 20th Anniversary, 2010 Cable Car, 2008 Consecration

292119_563565433500_30901258_31714926_1684300_n.jpg

I had some ballast point pale ale yesterday, and maybe it's because I'm use to the IPA's but their pale tasted a little watery to me. I like stones Pale and even that Kona Pale, but ballast is a bit weak for me.

the problem I have now is that every IPA taste like a pale ale. mostly notice this issue with bottled beers.

damn bdawg...

I stick mostly with the californian IPA's which are heavier than most... but I know what you mean. They're like pale ales with just a hint of kick to them

i don't know how to judge this thing for trading... i think most people are asking for dark lord, chocolate rain.. i mostly want sours and wild ales so im not sure where to start.. i got a nice offer of jackie o's and doubles of each.

Went to a Bruery tasting event at Blind Tiger today..

blindtiger1.jpg

Marron Acidifie and The Wanderer

blindtiger2.jpg

Acer Quercus and Bierbauch

blindtiger3.jpg

Humulus and Rugbrod

blindtiger4.jpg

Autumn Maple and The Wanderer again

Also tried Cuir but it's not pictured..

The Bruery makes some tasty beers.. really liked The Wanderer.

The Cuir? It was just the regular.. the guy I was sitting next to had 4 bottles of the 100% bourbon barrel aged that he was trying to trade me but he was wanting too much for it in my opinion. I didn't really like the regular Cuir to begin with but the glass I got was free so I'm not complaining :o

@islandboi8204-- I saw that offer too, 5 bottles of Citra for a bottle of Rare.. I'd be curious to see what the final trade was.

@soonami- yeah, that was my first Blind Tiger event but I'll definitely be back for more. They had even more Bruery beers on tap but I definitely got my fill from the others.. didn't need to try anymore, haha.

The Cuir? It was just the regular.. the guy I was sitting next to had 4 bottles of the 100% bourbon barrel aged that he was trying to trade me but he was wanting too much for it in my opinion. I didn't really like the regular Cuir to begin with but the glass I got was free so I'm not complaining :o

i picked up a bottle of the blend but haven't opened it. the person who picked it up thought they were buying 100%... was a little bummed when i got it after paying. i might just toss it on auction.

has anyone had kern river citra? i see it's fetching bottles of Rare among others

i've seen it on tap but i've always end up drinking alpine instead. next time i'll try it. i'm pretty sure i could have facilitated a similar trade with expo and got a rare. when knuckle sandwich was released i left town and was unable to get a few bottles.

i think i might have finalized a trade for stone beer. looks like i might have a splinter blue, Cuvee de Castleton, and a Rosso E Marrone. does this sound worth it?