state your beer, drinkers

Go to Rattle n Hum.. east 33rd between 5th and Mad. It's an odd location but you'll find all the best beer in town there. I think they have about 30-40 taps they rotate, always good beer (no macros, no MH#9 bs). Also 5 casks they rotate, and a massive bottle list that is always changing. They can be a bit pricey on the bottle list sometimes, but it's always good stuff.. they had KBS last time I was in there.

As far as stuff you can get in stores.. I'm not sure what you could get in Texas, but check out Captain Lawrence, Troegs, Southern Tier (selectively), Victory, Hoppin' Frog, Great Lakes, Allagash.. also pretty sure you guys are getting AleSmith and Founders down in the city now.

Just go over to the beer room at the Whole Foods on Houston/Bowery and check it out, they have the biggest selection in the city that I know of.

Rattle n Hum now noted on my ny food/drink map, thanks :)

Meeting a friend at the Blind Tiger tonight...looks like a decent place (all the reviews make it sound like I'll be lucky to grab a seat, though).

Well-aquainted with Victory and Allagash (had some real nice beers from both, actually), but will stay on the lookout for the others.

Beer room at the Bowery WF is nice.

^Blind Tiger *supposedly* has a bigger selection than Rattle n Hum, but as you said, finding a seat in there is a bitch. I tend to stay away from the place because I always feel like it's too crowded. Check out Rattle n Hum when you get a chance, and talk to Patrick (the owner) if he's there, he's a great guy.

I havent been drinking too long so im nowhere near an expert on this but I do enjoy the occasional beer and so far Fruli is some of the best shit I ever had. Its strawberry flavored so I just had one while just hangin out.

fruili.jpg

anyone else on here homebrew?

Yup. I've been all-grain for about a year now. Right now, I have 3 gal of a Flanders Red, 1 gallon each of the Red in blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries, 5 gallons of Oud Bruin, 5 gallons of Lambic, and 5 gallons of pale lager all in fermenters.

^Looking forward to that man.. had a few random beers tonight at the bars.. Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout, Middle Ages Wailing Wench DIPA, Ithaca 13, Stone Levitation. Went to my friend's bar after that though and drank a bottle of 2008 Brute :D

He informed me he has 2 more kegs of aged Super Friends (one brandy and one white wine) and a keg of 2010 Brute he's been sitting on.. waiting patiently for white wine Super Friends and the Brute..

Blind Tiger was nice. Got there around 7:30 and it was crowded, but not packed. Easily got a nice place to stand (and later sit) and enjoy a couple beers.

Had an Avery Dugana and a Victory Yakima Glory. Never had either before, and was very pleased with both.

Yakima Glory is one of the few american black ales I've had, but it's an interesting style.

I had a 12 pack of the Yakima Glory around Christmas time, I was pretty impressed. My favorite Black IPA I have had is Clown Shoes Hoppy Feet, but I am not sure how far out of MA that is distributed. If you are in Manhattan check out the New Beer Distributors store right down the street from WF Bowery, Chrystie St., if I recall correctly. Funny hours, but better prices than WF and all the bottles aren't completely exposed to the sun!

edit: soonami, lets be friends?

^ lucky bastard! I assume you traded for that? One of the Le Bleu's? I am not sure if that's ideal glassware, maybe a wine glass next time?

5442183950_4c4b22241f.jpg

Ipswich Oatmeal Stout - one of my favorites during the cold months

5442185014_c3cc4e4d21.jpg

Blue Hills Brewery Antimatter - Small, local brewery, grabbed this on a whim, it says that it uses only a single malt - 2 row and a single hop - Amarillo, interesting idea, but not a particularly mind-blowing brew

Yeah somebody else has commented on my choice of glassware before.. I don't keep a big selection around and generally just drink out of what's easiest to clean, haha.

Anyway, yeah, I traded for the Supplication, have a bottle of batch 004 as well.

^Haven't had it yet ren, not super interested so I've been kind of waiting for it to pop up on tap somewhere around here to be honest.

Their Excelsior! stuff is always interesting beer and is usually good enough to get good ratings on BA, but the only one I've found straight forward enough to drink regularly is Brute. The others I've had are just a bit too crazy for me (e.g., alphalpha which is a DIPA with a huge dose of alfalfa honey).

edit: meant to ask, can you get Ichabod 09 by chance ren?

5442641306_3c8c9ef473.jpg

got a gift from a buddy of the pelican IPA and the ninkasi tricerahops. purchased the Lost Abbey red poppy for a trade.

also..

5442635882_029b29f9df.jpg

damn i love this beer. i swear i need to stock up and limit myself to one a month until the next release.

and i need to figure out how to use my camera. no more iphone pics.

^Nice pickups ren. I've heard Ninkasi makes some great beers.

dscn1965y.jpg

dscn1966n.jpg

dscn1974e.jpg

Excited I was able to get this so fresh, other times I've had it it's been about 1-2 months old although it was still tasty even then. Already have a couple in the fridge that I'll be enjoying later tonight :D