state your beer, drinkers

@Repeater

Definitely give barleywines a whirl, they're some of the most complex beers out there. American barleywines tend to be much hoppier than English barleywines, so if you're into IPAs go for some American ones.. some easy ones to find that you might want to try are Great Divide Old Ruffian and Stone Old Guardian.

thats a fair price for a 6 pack sir

relish that Brooklyn BCS

Indeed. $9 for their version of a mix-and-match, but they put random beers on one shelf and you have to pick from that shelf. The only thing is, they put beers like Brooklyn Black and Goose Island Matilda bombers in there, mixed with Sam Adams, Guinness, and Tecate, so anybody that knows their beers can get a nice deal.

I was just at Wegman's but the build your own selection here is totally disappointing :\

I go shopping every week so I get to see whatever they rotate in or out... occasionally it's like finding a diamond in the rough

What I've thought about doing, though: they don't ring up the individual beer (there is a barcode on the bottom of the cardboard), so you could pick out the six most expensive individual beers and the 18 year old working the check-out isn't even going to bat an eye. Hell, you could probably put 6 bombers in there and they wouldn't notice.

I'm poor, so this seems acceptable to me-- your morals may be different :o

lmao @ that shit poopslushie. it actually crossed my mind today but I have a ton of beer at home so I decided to be a "good person" and not do it, hahaha.

anyway, went to my friend's bar tonight because he got some stuff from Bellwether, a local cider maker, that was accidentally infected by brett, but he drank the bottles already :( he said he'd get a couple more bottles just for me.. they're not releasing it so I'm really wanting to get some.. sour cider sounds too good.

drank a few IPAs instead..

Great Lakes Erie Monster IIPA.. he tapped this about 2 weeks ago so it was still pretty fresh.

eriemonster.jpg

This stuff had great lacing

lacing.jpg

Right before I was about to leave I noticed him putting a new pull on and then realized it was Ithaca Flower Power. It's their normal IPA but it has a reputation of being amazing when it's fresh so I had to try it.. first pint off the keg, was definitely great, SUPER floral IPA. IPAs are hard to rank due to freshness being such a factor but I'd actually put this in my top 10. I'll be drinking it again tomorrow night :D

flowerpower.jpg

^I live in Ithaca too. wtf?

edit: so wait you were at the same Wegman's as me. ahaha, this is too random.

edit edit: wait where'd you find that Brooklyn BCS over there?? I copped a 4pack back when they had a full stock of it but I didn't see any yesterday.

Right now I'm in Buffalo for grad school (well, I dropped out). love to go back and cliff jump, ride my bike, and drink good beer.

I can proxy Brooklyn Black if anybody wants it that bad ;)

edit: oh, and shufon, you know Finger Lakes Beverage Center, right? Seems like they always have BBCS during the winter...

Had a couple more Flower Power pints tonight while it's still really fresh.. my friend also tapped a Sierra Nevada Hoptimum today so I had a pint of it but the Flower Power was definitely better in my opinion.

SN Hoptimum

hoptimum.jpg

By the time I finished this stuff the bottles I brought with me were cold so we started drinking my stuff.

Cigar City Cubano Espresso Brown Ale

96537959.jpg

Great Divide Espresso Oak Aged Yeti

78487144.jpg

Need to start taking more cell phone pics like the last one.. hah. Anyway, the Yeti was amazing. I've had it before but it's been a while (2 years-ish??), forgot how good it is. Super easy to drink even as alcoholic as it is. I need to find some more.

@concealed - that stuff is good, wish Alesmith was easier to find in NY.

@Hooligan - nice bottle opener.. I have a wooden Leffe opener like the pic below which is my standard (got it for free too :D).. where do you find all your vintage stuff??

6377_0_leffe_flaschenoeffner_folef12100001_01.jpg

Was drinking more Flower Power tonight.. drank some Magic Hat Odd Notion (Hibiscus Red right now.. kinda meh).. also had a couple pints of Harpoon Leviathan IPA which was surprisingly a good IPA. I haven't ever really liked anything from Harpoon but Leviathan was worth drinking.

pretty much everything Ballast Point makes is great.

I need to hit the store this weekend... I picked up some Red Hook Winter Ale as it was on sale, and I've got to say it's not a bad daily afterwork drinker... nothing amazing, but just a good glass of ale...