state your beer, drinkers

Listen to soonami, all admirable ipas.

Got 2.5 cases of free beer at work the other day (too under/overfilled, hand capped, or too yeasty to sell)

3o3tij

Got invited to a behind the scenes tour at Six Rivers Brewery by a brewer while working the other day.

3 year barleywine aged in a used wine barrel (used allows a slight pleasant sour in this case) with raisins added

0iw3ij

Cabernet grape lambic aging in some sort of used wine barrel from a local cooper

0gvdadj

9 year barleywine from a brewery that used to exist up here

5bp3zj

No vis: 2 year peach lambic, various barleywines aging in small tanks on different toasts of oak, and a delicious pils.

Brewed a nice clean sessionable wheaty pale that should finish at 4.5%-5% ABV

0yklhrj

Also racked the oud bruin base beer to secondary and added the sour culture

aoilmj

Sampled the sour culture and the base beer, and luckily, both were very delicious! Now to let 'er age for many months.

0z63376621j

(if these pics don't work i will fix them later tonight when I am on a PC)

• 2 weeks later...

bruery trade winds tripel, brewdog punk, port none the weisser, and bastard comprised yesterday (followed by copious light lager while playing videogames into the wee hours of the morning in to keep my buzz)

will sometime soon upload pics from my visit to lost coast brewery while visiting an old friend in eureka if i can ever find my camera's cable

3748781200_3db6c2f6c2.jpg

Had tonight, it was an Imperial/Double Red Ale. It was really bitter, not quite what I was expecting and really a little disappointing. I was expecting a beer with more body and malt like the double arrogant bastard, with a more floral hop character. However, this was just very bitter like grapefruit rind oil and there wasn't much sweetness to balance out the hops. It sure did look nice though, it was a clear but almost cherry juice-red colored beer with a fluffy tan head.

Add me to the list of people who did not like the 13th. Lagunitas' imperial red owns it.

As of late:

Mad River Extra Pale and Jamaica Red on tap at all times:

hcw.jpg

Had Deschutes' Black Butte XXI and then opened this XX from the cellar. The year did it a world of good. Needed some time to meld and mellow. Also Stone IRS:

fgv.jpg

Terrible pic of delicious beer at Toronado, Dogfish Head's take on Berliner Weisse, Festina Peche (Berliner Weisse is a style all sour beer people should familiarize themselves with (which is to say a wheat beer with Lactobacillus). Son of a bitch, what a reasonable priced way to get your sour fix and it's the perfect Summer beer to boot):

eg9n.jpg

1999 10th Anniversary Mad River barleywine given to me as a birthday present. Blew my mind that it survived ten years and was amazing. Crazy mellow and highly tasty.

4ry.jpg

2006 vintage of Port Brewing's Older Viscosity. So. Fucking. Good.

601p.jpg

Anyone try that Rogues Gallery Squall?

Mine's on the shelf, but I've overbuilt it and it seems too precious to drink haphazardly like I would.

Surprised I didn't post this before:

5025_651625485147_611646_37995850_7361145_n.jpg

Maybe it was because of the shitty pour (not from me)

I thought it was very good, much like the DFH 90 min IPA with a little more herbal hop flavor and yeast spice. It was maltier and sweeter than I usually like in a IPA, in that sense it was definitely more like a DIPA in body and malt flavor. I bought two because they were bottled on my brithday, but I don't think I would buy another. Although it was not too expensive ~$7

@b-dawg

I really like Festina Peche, but I think I am one of the few that I know that like it even among the beer-geeks. The tart peach is perfect for 90 degree summer afternoons.

I have a couple Lucky 13 bombers from Lagunitas that is in my queue waiting for the chance to get drunk--I have high hopes!

^Just enjoyed one a few minutes ago. Delicious.

will sometime soon upload pics from my visit to lost coast brewery while visiting an old friend in eureka if i can ever find my camera's cable

Dude! I live like 10 minutes from Eureka and work at Mad River brewery 20-30 minutes from there. Next time you are in the area let me know.

Cracked the Squall last night as well.

It was a more red, "livelier" color than your pics would indicate. Found it lacking the bitter hoppiness I like of IPA's, though the flavor was richly floral and herbal with a rich aroma. Very delicate beer in more of a Belgian heir, with clingy lace and becoming more smoothly palatable with a bit of warmth.

Recent beer haul from my birthday weekend:

2006 Port Older Viscosity, North Coast Old Rasputin XII, another Russian River Beatification, The Bruery's 1st anniversary beer- Papier, Telegraph Berliner Weisse, Cantillon Fou Foune apricot lambic, another Lost Abbey Cuvee de Tomme

5895_516320018690_30901258_30769018_4096887_n.jpg

From a trade with the operations guy for Port/Lost Abbey:

Hot Rocks Lager, 2009 Older Viscosity, Serpent's Stout, Duck Duck Gooze (so fucking stoked about getting my hands on this), Judgment Day, 2008 Brandy Barrel Angel's Share, Red Barn, Bourbon Barrel Santa's Little Helper

5895_516320043640_30901258_30769019_5994014_n.jpg

Nice Haul! I put down a Cuvee de Castleton Batch 002, Drie Fonteinen Hommage, Temptation Batch 002, and a Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch last weekend. F'n amazing on all accounts. :D

2006 Port Older Viscosity, North Coast Old Rasputin XII, another Russian River Beatification, The Bruery's 1st anniversary beer- Papier, Telegraph Berliner Weisse, Cantillon Fou Foune apricot lambic, another Lost Abbey Cuvee de Tomme

Hot Rocks Lager, 2009 Older Viscosity, Serpent's Stout, Duck Duck Gooze (so fucking stoked about getting my hands on this), Judgment Day, 2008 Brandy Barrel Angel's Share, Red Barn, Bourbon Barrel Santa's Little Helper

Tried to rep but couldn't. How is Papier?