state your beer, drinkers

Why not finish with some Ethiopia beanz fermented with the fruit on..

vt8.jpg

Natural Ethiopia...do you know which region it is from? Are you getting tons of blueberry notes? Also...your beer menu tonight was superb and inspiring.

Out at my cousin's wedding in Sun Valley, Idaho for the weekend. They brought up Consecration, Damnation, Pliny the Elder, and Blind Pig from San Francisco for me :D :D :D

Also, going to Japan on Wednesday and plan on visiting the best beer bars, breweries, and beer stores. I'll take plenty of pictures and post them when I get back in July. Should be fun :cool:

moved this past weekend and i now live within walking distance of multiple great beer bars!

today: had a buffalo meat burger and stone ipa for crazee burger happy hour then went to toronado for a kwak and a hopsickle (so damn hoppy)

went out last night but i pretty much stuck to the scotch

was so tempted to get a bottle of cuvee de tomme at toronado but scared of the pricetag haha. i may end up going back later and splurging.

Toronado is the Shit!

I had a bottle of Consecration this weekend and it was might fine. Last night I froze out a can of Ten Fidy to see what would happened. I'll find out tonight.

It's nice to see some serious beer drinkers on this sight.

Lineup for tasting that I am attending tonight in downtown Long Beach:

Corsendonk Pale Ale

Pranqster

Horny Devil

Biere du Boucanier

Corsendonk Brown

Allagash Dubbel Reserve

Gulden Draak

Allagash Black

Awesome, debaser! FYI, the next batch of Cuvee de Tomme is coming out quite soon, and will be less pricy (but I understand the appeal of a nice vintage).

I am going to Toronado this weekend on Sunday for the Belgian Inspired Beer Dinner. 5 courses paired with the likes of Lost Abbey's Cable Car and Russian River's Toronado 20th Anniversary sour.

In the mean time:

Came up on an extra bottle of Supplication, RR's brown Belgian aged in Pinot Noir Barrels with sour cherries and all the delicious wild bugs

tzz.jpg

akz.jpg

I don't know what the deal is, but it's not letting me rep anybody on this page even though I've "spread it around" over the past couple of days. Anyway, I owe everybody some rep. Nice lineup T, nice find B.

I've been slacking on the posts, but not the drinking. I'll try to upload some of my recent drinks, although I don't think I was able to get a photo of the Dogfish Head Red & White I had. It wasn't bad, but I don't think I'm into that style of beer because I wouldn't get it again.

For tonight, Southern Tier's Mokah.

Anyone had WildDevil from Victory? It's HopDevil recipe, but brewed completely with brettanomyces instead of sacchromyces!

No but I just saw it today at the store, didn't realize it had Bretts in it. Sounds a little weird, but I would try it.

Here's what I've been up to over the past 2 weeks

3 Floyds Alpha King. They claim it as an APA, but I would agree with others that it's really an IPA with a more malty, sweet aftertaste. Good stuff.

3596689912_e1d93a967e.jpg

Dogfish Head Aprihop. The first couple were good, but the last one I had tasted weird. Good to try, probably won't get again

3595878559_13edc16216.jpg

Rogue Chipotle Ale. Not bad, kinda liked the smoky, spicy flavor. I discovered this pairs perfectly with bacon.

3595884625_28dc9c7f14.jpg

SN Wet Hops Harvest Ale. Decent, nothing too rememberable.

3595895175_915ca4e815.jpg

2009 Correction Ale. Very bitter IPA.

3596707282_538728210b.jpg

Southern Tier Heavy Weizen. This was really good, you could actually taste a little banana like the description said. Although, it was kind of annoying that this gusher lasted forever. I seriously had to set it in the sink for 25 minutes before it stopped foaming enough to pour.

3596710852_1c9dd9b597.jpg

And finally Southern Tier Mokah. This was really good, but like a marathon. I think it took me like 2 or 3 hours to finish it it was so stout and sweet. But I got through it ok, decent buzz in just one beer. Very Chocolatey

3596715790_c14c677eab.jpg

ok that was 45 minutes ago and that was the last beer, time for a fillup! so i drove to the gas station and got me a new case of beer

wcfond.jpg

Rothaus Pils, my favorite. not cold enough but 2 of those are already on hold in the freezer. it's gonna be a long night sufu and i ain't got nothing to do but drink beer

Nice. I've got a 3L of Supplication that I'm looking forward to opening! :D

Good LORD, that's gonna be a good night.

As a graduation gift to myselfe, I decided to buy expensive brews I've been desiring:

Cantillon 100% lambic kreik

Jolly Pumpkins Oro de Calabaza

Oud Beersel Gueze

Fantome Hiver

Hopworks 7-grain stout with stumptown coffee

De proef Zoetzuur

Vichtenaar

I really don't know what to expect from the Fantome, but I was curious about their ales. Really wanted to get JP's Maracaibo Especial, which is a brown with cocoa, cinnamon, and sweet orange peel, aged in oak with bacteria and wild yeast. The wide array of flavors melded amazingly well, but was stratified enough so that you could pick out all the complexities relatively easily. Highly recommended.

Good LORD, that's gonna be a good night.

As a graduation gift to myselfe, I decided to buy expensive brews I've been desiring:

Cantillon 100% lambic kreik

Jolly Pumpkins Oro de Calabaza

Oud Beersel Gueze

Fantome Hiver

Hopworks 7-grain stout with stumptown coffee

De proef Zoetzuur

Vichtenaar

I really don't know what to expect from the Fantome, but I was curious about their ales. Really wanted to get JP's Maracaibo Especial, which is a brown with cocoa, cinnamon, and sweet orange peel, aged in oak with bacteria and wild yeast. The wide array of flavors melded amazingly well, but was stratified enough so that you could pick out all the complexities relatively easily. Highly recommended.

I'm a huge fan of Jolly Pumpkin, and agree that the Maracaibo is amazing. My favorite was Perseguidor Batch 1, but it's too bad they're so damn hard to get around here.

Are you on RateBeer.com?