DJs?

Love them. I used to have 800Mk2s but i switched to the 400s for USB media and easier transportation. The only thing better about the 800s is the bigger platter for scratching but i use my turntables for that.

As for the DJM 800, A lot of people use them. Too bad i can't afford one.

I played with those at guitar center. Very very nice unit. But i agree i rather have pioneer buttons.

you're not missing out on the djm800 bandwagon believe me. I bought into it early on and although it's a solid mixer, it's not worth that price.

traded out for the korg zero 4 for the digital stuff and an ecler nuo for the analog (for almost the same price as a djm800 new!!)

• 2 weeks later...
Quick Question

I have a Verstax PMC mixer with two technics tanks. If I wanted to record a mix straight from the set up what would be the best way to go about it? My roommate has a apple laptop that I could use would that work?

Also I only DJ vinyl no special effects, chicken wire or anything like that.

Use garageband, audacity gave me some troubles while recording.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hello all, i'm looking into buying this (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart_accessories&A=details&Q=&sku=542184&is=REG#reviews) just to play around with, and wondering if i'd need anything beside the actual drum pad to have some fun. would i need reason or some other software? i'm absolutely clueless, so any advice or suggestions are much appreciated.

hello all, i'm looking into buying this (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart_accessories&A=details&Q=&sku=542184&is=REG#reviews) just to play around with, and wondering if i'd need anything beside the actual drum pad to have some fun. would i need reason or some other software? i'm absolutely clueless, so any advice or suggestions are much appreciated.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/maschine/

^^ check that out. Native Instruments Maschine. Software + Controller bundled together. I got mine for $396 new on eBay, if I recall correctly. It was the academic version, which is priced lower, but is exactly the same as the normal edition.

It might be what you're looking for. It's pretty dope. Check out some videos on youtube

if you're looking to put out a mix ableton can be useful in that aspect as you can draw crossfader movement as automation, great if you want everything to be perfect as far as mixing levels, i prefer traktor when bedroom djing though, using a hercules rmx (piece of shit) and my monitors

Yep You will need a lappy and a copy of some sort of DAW running on it.. There are many alternatives but I would personally recommend Ableton Live.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread with a funny conversation I had with a self-proclaimed "audio engineer"

All the techno DJs in New York and New Jersey use vinyl cause it sounds better
No. There are quite a few who still use vinyl but at this point Serato is the standard pretty much
No they have turntables cause you can't scratch with computers
All of these DJs you speak of, do they have laptops with them in close proximity of their turntables/mixer
Yeah but they have vinyl
That vinyl is made to control Serato... You're listening to .mp3 and .wav files... You can't even tell the difference between vinyl and .mp3 can you?

Then he backpedaled and went back to looking at x-treme kayaking videos on his Macbook.

^ I played around with a similar setup at guitar center to check out the decks and I hated them. If you're going to purchase a cd-turntable, the pioneer cdjs are reliable and very solid. I bought my cdj-800s used and they have been through a lot of shit in the past 2 years and spinning strong.

Anyone know a site to torrent a copy of ableton 7 or 8 for the mac? I've dl'd a couple and they didn't work properly.

for some reason i've yet to find a legit cracked copy for mac, there are plenty that claim to be, but usually crash like crazy, i've since given up on ableton though.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Not only am I a fashion fanatic but I dj also. Here is my new mix for you guys.

DJ Blisk - Starry Skies

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?eyn1ztdmzno

Tracklist:

1. Theophilus London – I Want You (Marvin Gaye Cover)

2. Rick Astley – Never Gonna Give You Up (Remix)

3. Earth Wind & Fire – Brazilian Rhyme

4. Madonna – Borderline

5. Wale – Sweetie

6. Stevie B. – I Wanna Be the One

7. Fannypack – Nu Nu

8. Lipps Inc. – Funkytown

9. Shakira – She Wolf (Villains Remix)

10. Lilly Allen – Not Fair

11. Denise Williams – Let’s Hear It For the Boys

12. Aaliyah – One in a Million (Remix)

13. Pnau – Baby (Remix)

14. Q Lazzarus – Goodbye Horses (Remix)

15. Katy Perry – California Girls (Remix)

16. Smashing Pumpkins – 1979 (Remix)

17. Ciara – Ride

18. Ne-Yo – Single

19. Michael Jackson – Dirty Diana

20. Eddie Money – Take Me Home Tonight (Remix)

21. Pointer Sisters – Jump

22. The Dream – Rockin That Thang (Remix)

23. Curtis Mayfield – Move On Up

• 2 weeks later...
hey can anyone recommend a cheap reliable midi dj controller? i'm moving to a way smaller place and i need something for ableton and traktor.

vestax vci-300 or torq m-audio xponent

or the vestax vci-100 if you're looking for something cheaper.

personally i'm using the xponent and it serves my needs fine.