DJs?

hey yo yea.. been djing for about 4-5 years.. mostly dnb / jungle but kinda moved onto dubstep / grime and bits of baltimore / bass

did a couple random bits round sydney nothing to hectic..

got 1200's + pioneer djm 707 + m447g + senn hd25

ill probably get serato.. since there is no way im going to move my crates from syd -> jkt

good times.

it's residue from the text boarder I x-posed the tracklisting from

i would like to hear your funk soon, mr jpgm

the best sort of residue...

if by my funk, you mean my band, then:

week 7 in the studio begins this friday...

we'll be finishing vocals and starting mixing.

shit is coming along very nicely indeed, will let you know when the first single is online.

if by my funk, you mean my CDJs, then:

i shall attempt to record a dubstep mix sometime soon, in between superfuture and other methods of procrastination.

theres some fucking bangers on that mix...

aside from the roughness of the mixing in parts, its a great mix....i must say although i really enjoyed it at first, it isnt exactly on high rotation now. that particular style of tear-out bassline dubstep doesnt particularly lend itself to longevity. still a good fun mix though.

im looking forward to appleblim's dubstep allstars 6....its out very soon i think.

nice dude, ill hunt it down now. the tracklist looks amazing.

i love all styles really....from deep chilled stuff to dubby techy berlin influenced stuff to heavy halfstep to wobble to etc etc etc.

ive been getting into a lot of old tunes again recently - very early dubstep, and old dark garage, breakstep, 2 step etc. a lot of that stuff still sounds really fresh today.

• 2 months later...

I just recorded a mix today, so I thought I'd revive this thread by sharing it with you guys. It's nothing fancy, just these:

setup.jpg

straight into Soundforge. No editing or anything...

http://www.klubbheadsup.com/lilldavid/lillD-feedmix01.mp3

playlist:

1 Erik Wikström - Autonight (Julius rmx)

2 Simon Baker - Plastik (Todd Terje turkatech mix)

3 Solumun - Black rose (Trickski rmx)

4 Force of Nature - I-ight

5 Panthers - Goblin City (Holy Ghost extended disco dub)

6 Aeroplane feat. Kathy Diamond - Whispers (Hercules & Love Affair mix)

7 Chip E. inc. feat. K. Joy - Like this (Club mix)

8 Adonis - We're rocking down the house

9 Joe Smooth - Promised land (Club mix)

10 Toby Tobias - Steel Bells

11 Manuel Tur - Vabanque

12 Mathias Mesteño - Dixies Diner

13 dOP - Foly

14 Henrik Schwartz & Kuniyuki feat. Yoshihiro Tsukahara - The session (Kuniyuki version)

Hope you guys like it :)

I just recorded a mix today, so I thought I'd revive this thread by sharing it with you guys. It's nothing fancy, I just pressed record on Soundforge and started playing some new shit and some classics.

http://www.klubbheadsup.com/lilldavid/lillD-feedmix01.mp3

playlist:

1 Erik Wikström - Autonight (Julius rmx)

2 Simon Baker - Plastik (Todd Terje turkatech mix)

3 Solumun - Black rose (Trickski rmx)

4 Force of Nature - I-ight

5 Panthers - Goblin City (Holy Ghost extended disco dub)

6 Aeroplane feat. Kathy Diamond - Whispers (Hercules & Love Affair mix)

7 Chip E. inc. feat. K. Joy - Like this (Club mix)

8 Adonis - We're rocking down the house

9 Joe Smooth - Promised land (Club mix)

10 Toby Tobias - Steel Bells

11 Manuel Tur - Vabanque

12 Mathias Mesteño - Dixies Diner

13 dOP - Foly

14 Henrik Schwartz & Kuniyuki feat. Yoshihiro Tsukahara - The session (Kuniyuki version)

Hope you guys like it :)

lil;D is one of Stockholm's best DJs. 'Disco for the Upset'

Guest youkinorn

I feel like I've somewhat hit a wall with my shit. Just do bedroom stuff. My setup is 1200 MKIIs, a (cheap) american audio qd5 mk2 mixer, and Torq. I'm looking for a cheap way to start recording my mixes so that I can listen for things to improve and such.

I think I basically just need to get an external sound card for my laptop (it doesn't have a line-in port) and record using audacity or whatever.

This will work, even while using Torq's Connectiv soundcard, right?

• 3 weeks later...

nice pickup dude.....i have the same mixer.

what do you think of it...?

it's definitely a good buy for the price.

i've had pretty minimal experience on anything else, with the exception of a friend's DJM-800 (which is fantastic, by the way).

JPGM:

it's amazing. of course, the DJM-800 would be ideal, but this has many of the same effects, good EQs and well within my budget (plus I don't need 4 channels). It retails for $580 here in the US ($630 with tax) but I got it second hand in perfect condition. The guy actually was selling it cause he just bought a DJM-800 for his setup.

Got it for only $400.

Compared to the Vestax though, I can't believe how much better the EQs are. That mixer definitely limited me. Otherwise I've had minimum experience with everything else. My first mixer was a Numark Matrix 3, which as I recall still had better EQs than the Vestax but a really shitty crossfader.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
http://www.agiprodj.com/vestax-vci-300/ Anyone ever used a set up like this? I want to get techs and a TTM57, but I don't have the $2000 for that right now. This seems like a good compromise while I save up in the next six months. What do y'all think?

I wouldn't bother with that thing. I don't think you need top of the line gear, its not like you'll ever use it anywhere but home. Just get some decent stuff to fuck with around at home and when you play out you'll most likely be using 1200s and a DJM 800

I wouldn't bother with that thing. I don't think you need top of the line gear, its not like you'll ever use it anywhere but home. Just get some decent stuff to fuck with around at home and when you play out you'll most likely be using 1200s and a DJM 800

For just fucking around at "home" ( i.e. tiny college dorm which is what I mostly do) I've been using a bunch of various cheap midi components and traktor - M-Audio X-session for and my Padkontrol to cut down on space concerns. Totalled probably less than $200. Works out well enough. Probably not great for practicing but I mainly use it for sketching out sets.

i have a full turntable setup and i think that vestax crap is cool. you could just get the vci-100 if you want. have you seen this video?

he modded his though.

you should learn to use turntables and cd decks though if you want to play out. but if i had to do a friend's party, it would be so convenient to just whip that out.

For just fucking around at "home" ( i.e. tiny college dorm which is what I mostly do) I've been using a bunch of various cheap midi components and traktor - M-Audio X-session for and my Padkontrol to cut down on space concerns. Totalled probably less than $200. Works out well enough. Probably not great for practicing but I mainly use it for sketching out sets.

how did you get a padkontrol for less than $200?

• 5 weeks later...

Anybody have any pictures of their setup? Heres mine:

img1197eu3.jpg

img1202nv2.jpg

The setup is:

Pioneer DJM-700

Technics 1210 mk2

M-Audio Studiophile BX5A

M-Audio Trigger Finger

Serato Scratch Live

iBook G4

Sony MDR-V700

Western Digital 1TB External Harddrive

But I plan on building a new table similar to this:

2741216030_16db14af9f.jpg

i posted mine ages ago on page 10, pic is still there.. my set up has changed though since then.. maybe if i can be bothered i will post pics.... i use A+H zone 92 or djm 800 and lost the 1210, now only use 1200...

I am currently selling my 1200's if anyone is interested? They are in 9/10 condition, only used for djing in my room for the past three+ years. They were purchased in late 2004. Will post anywhere at the buyers expense. $1000AUD if you use pay pal you know the deal.. tnx

thats only 663USD or 521EUR

been doing bedroom dj'ing for a few months, I want to start getting out there tho and do some shows and get high from the crowd feeling. I use ableton right now and plan on just getting a midi controller for fx's with mixer just so I wouldnt need anything else. im thinkin of getting one of those korg mini pads cause all those effects are pretty damn cool. I kinda feel bad about using ableton cause it makes thing so easy in compared to two decks and a mixer but whatev I guess its all about the end product. esp being in the midwest, ohio really the scene sucks, cant find a place anywhere to play electro/house or anything, they only like hiphop/top 40, which is alright sometimes and I can play it but dont want to.

sorry bout that but /rant.

ALSO does anybody know what song this is from this blog???

http://supremefreak.blogspot.com/

fellas.. i need a small set of speakers for my bedroom setup.. like i need real good bass.. since i play dubstep..

what u reckon i should get? im thinking one of those denon mini systems...

do not buy denon, the only thing they do good is home theatre..

whats your budget?