Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Hope you can enjoy your first IH jeans

F/S: IHSH-34 M, heavy hairline hickory western shirt. Size Medium. Very extinct. http://www.ironheart...ct/ihsh-34.html

Brilliant nick, some discolourisation under the pits, standard stuff. 130 € (175 $) portpaid worldwide.

S2S: 17.5"

P2P: 21.5"

L: 29.5"

Sleeve: 25.5"

P1190057_zpsdbb89511.jpg

Contact me here or http://www.ironheart...hp?topic=4463.0

Thanks.

Edited by Seul

i got a 31 in the 555-02, whereas my 301s are a 30. i'm not sure if that'd be the same for other folk, but my 301s had stretched in the waist to 32ish so got the 555-02 in something similar knowing i could stretch it back out after it soaked & shrank.

the two denims are very different though. the 21oz is quite a dark & smooth denim, whereas the 18oz raw has an inkier indigo look to it, & has more overall character to it - more texture. neither is better than the other, they're just different - but both awesome.

Sorry for the delayed question, but re: sizing: on the 555, how much stretch is there? I'm looking at going with the unsanforized 18oz, and right now I'm wearing a size 32 of the SE05BSP, which is also unsanforized. Thinking of going for the 31 in the 555 - I guess my question is, does it stretch back out to the measured size, or does it stretch beyond what they have measured on the site?

Sorry for the delayed question, but re: sizing: on the 555, how much stretch is there? I'm looking at going with the unsanforized 18oz, and right now I'm wearing a size 32 of the SE05BSP, which is also unsanforized. Thinking of going for the 31 in the 555 - I guess my question is, does it stretch back out to the measured size, or does it stretch beyond what they have measured on the site?

i spoke to Giles on the phone about this before I bought mine, the 18 oz will stretch back to pre soak size or close to with constant wear.Post soak I lost an inch in the inseam, about 3/4 inch in the waist and 1/4 inch in the thigh and knee. Edited by Geeman

interested in IH 666, how's the shrinkage and stretch on this one?

i'm a 30 waist on pbj 011 and it feels pretty tight on the thigh.

what size should i get if i'm looking for more room in everything from 666?

here's a fit pic of me.

6445663007_91c13005de_z.jpg

Edited by Kravia

@ spudboyblues - geeman's response pretty much covers it. mine fit me just right pre-soak, and i lost an inch when soaking. naturally they were snug after but they stretch back so all good. if you're concerned buy the size that measures half an inch bigger than your current (decent fitting) pair of jeans and that should do you right.

So I'm seriously eyeing the 555-02, but I'm torn about the thigh measurements. When I measure my current pair which fit great in the thigh I come out at around ~12,25-12,5 inch. Now I would probably have to size up one to a 33 (normally wear 32) to accommodate my thighs (IH website lists them at 12 inch), but I'm still not 100% sure if it would end up fitting.. Do you guys reckon I could get between 0,5 and 1 inch of stretching in the thigh?

Edited by Warakia

Be careful, as those measurements are raw. I.e. there's going to be some more shrinkage in the thigh area. But otherwise, yes, i think that it's likely that you'll get them back to presoak and probably with effort you could get them to stretch more. I'd be careful though, tight Iron Hearts = no fun...

My 555 are slowly stretching back to near pre soak, both the thigh and knee are very narrow though. Mine were just a tad under the listed size in both areas and lost a quarter to a half inch on soaking.

Whoops I meant to write the 555-01, so the 21 oz model that isn't raw. My current pair has a bit of space left, but I think if I go much smaller it would become too tight. So I figured the 555-01 w33 model with a bit of stretch could come pretty close to that, but as Iron Heart is a lot heavier I'm afraid I won't get the amount of stretch I'd like/want.

Edited by Warakia

21oz fabric will breathe and stretch well despite how heavy it is. but do not expect so much stretch out of the thigh and knee. reasons why jeans stretch far more in the waist is cause it has a lot more fabric for room to play.

i'd soak although it's sanforized. just to get whatever starch is in, also i wouldn't want to miss out on the roping effect