Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

was looking at the size charts for the 301s..

pretty similar to 555-1

I'm a fan of skinny/slim raw denim, and I just found out Iron Heart made the 555-01 in some pretty thick 21oz. Pretty appealing (understatement? perhaps...). I'm wondering if this is a one-off, or if this is going to be around for some time? In otherwords, should I grab a pair and hoard until I'm ready to rotate with my current pair, or hang on because there will be plenty to go 'round?

Another batch coming in soon

the 301s has a taper on the outseam as well if i'm not mistaken. this accounts for the fact there's no visible selvage on the outseam, as the pattern just doesn't make this possible. i own both the 555 & the 301s and overall they are very similar.

Edited by okisan

^Hey Okisan how'd u size on the 555 in comparison to the 301s? U got the raw 18 oz i think, correct?

I have the 301s in a 31 and they fit awesome (though they were a bit tight in the thighs at first though)

U think i should go with the same size, 31, in the 555, or size up to a 32?

Of course you can - 17oz and above. You just can't wear them more than 30 times before the comp starts.

Damn that makes me sad I wanna start wearing the right away, I can't wait 2 months. Where does one sign up for the competition?

^Hey Okisan how'd u size on the 555 in comparison to the 301s? U got the raw 18 oz i think, correct?

I have the 301s in a 31 and they fit awesome (though they were a bit tight in the thighs at first though)

U think i should go with the same size, 31, in the 555, or size up to a 32?

i got a 31 in the 555-02, whereas my 301s are a 30. i'm not sure if that'd be the same for other folk, but my 301s had stretched in the waist to 32ish so got the 555-02 in something similar knowing i could stretch it back out after it soaked & shrank.

the two denims are very different though. the 21oz is quite a dark & smooth denim, whereas the 18oz raw has an inkier indigo look to it, & has more overall character to it - more texture. neither is better than the other, they're just different - but both awesome.

whoops my bad, mustve missed that on my phone or thought it had to do with all the 555/301s talk.

i read that thread and found it funny how people were all wondering 'WHYYYYYYYYYYY is it only in 32?'

i think the answer is pretty obvious, most if not all pant makers use size 32 as their base line for measurements because it is the most common/middle size (28,29,30,31,32,33,34,36,38) then adjust +/- for bigger and smaller sizes. seeing how they were samples for testing, it makes sense that theyre only in 32.

Edited by TooAwesome

Here´s a few pics of my 555-01. Size 36 waist. No soak, no wash, just natural light pics with wear since 20th of november. These get mostly office wear, walking the dog wear and playing with my child wear. :D

IMG_6222_zps153d0b46.jpg

IMG_6218_zps231837dc.jpg

IMG_6209_zps7d8d0e64.jpg

Look at thas ass... :P