Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

@denimjunky: IMO your first impression is correct, the overdyed offerings are the most compelling in the lineup, with the buster being the middle of the road with respect to fit. IH has covered all the bases though, the 301, 666, and 634 cuts are all available in OD too. This assumes, of course, that you can't get your hands on the special 634sr, and that you limit the discussion to jeans. It's arguable that IH's most outstanding stuff aren't jeans.

Big thanks to Santos. Not only does he post awesome skate videos almost everyday but he hooked me up with a copy of The Red Wings Book and a few SE stickers not to mention the dirt cheap 634SB that fit great. Just gotta go to SENY tomorrow to drop em off for a hem and they are good to go.

picsay-1304211116.jpg

Nice Rick Hinderer blade. Very, very nice. For the uneducated, A Hinderer knife is about as tough as a pair of Iron Hearts. So there, I've given you all something else to obsess over! :)

When I first started exploring denim, I used to think it was pretty crazy that people talk about all the stuff you put in your pockets to show wear. Now I find myself thinking "should I post something about carrying an Emerson CQC7 Mini (about the size of a stick of gum -- legal to carry just about anywhere) in their back pocket to get some fades going?" I figure we all obsess about rugged denim -- why not super rugged knives? I know, there's a whole other forum for that. Hah!

gm.

updates on my sexih07bk.

sorry about the dust particle on the lenses... didn't realize it was there until i looked at the pictures once i got to school.

1737fq.jpg

111tqv5.jpg

always wanted a pair of IH...so I picked up some 666-S from SENY...

Devil's Fit Pics to come post soak.

After being a Samurai kind of guy through and through, I have finally purchased my first item of IH, the heavyweight hickory work shirt. Fit pics will follow upon delivery.

I think it's the IHSH-34, I bought it from a fellow poster along with a Self Edge shirt and a Sugar Cane shirt for a good price.

^nice, let's some pics, then. (BTW, I don't think sticking to just one brand is exciting. A good mix of everything is the key to happines in denim and life, IMO).

I dont disagree Max, I just started with Samurai and they have always had the kind of garment I need, when I have needed it. I've been looking for a few nice shirts for a while though, and I don't really like most of Samurai's denim shirts or work shirts. I find that the material, stitching and details are too much on a shirt, they work well on jackets, jeans, tee's etc....but I like my work shirts to be a bit more plain.

I think it's the IHSH-34, I bought it from a fellow poster along with a Self Edge shirt and a Sugar Cane shirt for a good price.

My mistake, it is the IHSH-07.

I dont disagree Max, I just started with Samurai and they have always had the kind of garment I need, when I have needed it. I've been looking for a few nice shirts for a while though, and I don't really like most of Samurai's denim shirts or work shirts. I find that the material, stitching and details are too much on a shirt, they work well on jackets, jeans, tee's etc....but I like my work shirts to be a bit more plain.

I agree that Samurai's shirts arent always the most subtle in terms of design, but i do think they are all very wearable given you can pull it off. My only concern is that they run much to small for anyone who wears a US L or bigger. the dimensions of Samurai tops are designed for the smaller gentleman, and Iron Heart really is one of the only brands who can accommodate the bigger dudes out there who want something that is going to last for a very long time, along with the more petite individuals.

Found a store overseas with a few 634SR in stock. I've never bought anything from Iron Heart so I'm coming to you guys with a few questions. Fit wise, how would the SR compare to the regular 634S? Also, I'm looking for a rather slim fit. Not skinny of course, but just a fit similar to that of a true Samurai 710. I understand the SR doesn't have a taper, but is such a fit possible? What is the most you guys would recommend sizing down? Thanks in advance

The SR's, when soaked and shrunken, have a bit more room in the thigh all the way down the leg when compared to the same tag size in the 634s. The fit is basically a straight leg, and so you will not be looking at a tapered fit from the SR's without some alteration. I would not recommend sizing down much from your true waist, the denim is quite burly and could be quite painful to try and stretch to fit your waist.

I agree that Samurai's shirts arent always the most subtle in terms of design, but i do think they are all very wearable given you can pull it off. My only concern is that they run much to small for anyone who wears a US L or bigger. the dimensions of Samurai tops are designed for the smaller gentleman, and Iron Heart really is one of the only brands who can accommodate the bigger dudes out there who want something that is going to last for a very long time, along with the more petite individuals.

Tell me about it dude, took me ages to find a Samurai tee to fit me, and I would love one of the loopwheel hoodies, but....

In all honesty I have always found alot of IH products to be a bit utilitarian for my tastes, apart from the shirts which I think look amazing.

Still, a discussion for another thread I think.

The SR's, when soaked and shrunken, have a bit more room in the thigh all the way down the leg when compared to the same tag size in the 634s. The fit is basically a straight leg, and so you will not be looking at a tapered fit from the SR's without some alteration. I would not recommend sizing down much from your true waist, the denim is quite burly and could be quite painful to try and stretch to fit your waist.

Thanks. As for the regular 634S, is this denim able to stretch a little bit more in the waist than the SR?

could someone help me with the sizing of the ironheart forum tee , im a medium in samurai tee's that measure 38 inches and im not too sure if the brands are sized similar , thanks for any help

edit sorry just found the size chart