Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

The 7301s by Iron Heart is their newest flagship slim model with the silhouette designed by both Self Edge and Iron Heart; finally bringing their signature 21 ounce selvedge denim to a slim cut jean. These are made with hand picked Zimbabwe Cotton that is known for it's unusually long fibers which give this denim a super soft hand.

Iron Heart denim is known for it's ultra sheen and extreme durability due to it's heavy weight. Almost any other company attempting to produce denim this heavy would end up with a very stiff and rigid fabric, where as Iron Heart's denim is surprisingly pliable considering it's weight.

Disclaimer: These jeans are made of raw sanforized denim, when washed, the denim will shrink approximately .5" in length (inseam). Please keep this in mind when choosing your size. The denim will also stretch in the waist up to 1.5" after approximately 20 wears.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=622

14l55io.jpg

2zsslsg.jpg

25gexck.jpg

2nvrq55.jpg

n2xrgg.jpg

15p5tle.jpg

its really hard (impossible) to do a double sided taper and leave the selvedge line still there. They make it such that the jeans truly wrap around your legs, so thats why the selvedge lines go missing.

You see this quite often, but I don't like it. It's a bit like showing off your expensive jeans plus I think it makes the patch rip more easily (at least when you wear a thick belt)

i thought the same thing with my Tanner belt. It seems like it is thick enough that it might loosen the patch over time if worn under it

You see this quite often, but I don't like it. It's a bit like showing off your expensive jeans plus I think it makes the patch rip more easily (at least when you wear a thick belt)

haraki-san won't put that belt insert (or whatever it is) for no reason. if you use the belt without inserting it, the proportionality will be quite odd

*just my 2 cents

checked it out.. nice cut! i would be sold if that cut came in indigo!
confused...all IH cuts are available in indigo ..

Question answered. :)

Same cut, different denim and I'm assuming that 7 is just the code for black selvedge denim.

Is this the one that will fade to gray like you said before Beatle?

haraki-san won't put that belt insert (or whatever it is) for no reason. if you use the belt without inserting it, the proportionality will be quite odd

*just my 2 cents

Maybe, but I saw ripped IH patches when a thick belt is used. And why should it look odd to wear a belt over a patch, like you do on every other jeans? The patch is not that thick, that it changes the proportions. But, as always, to each his own.

Maybe, but I saw ripped IH patches when a thick belt is used. And why should it look odd to wear a belt over a patch, like you do on every other jeans? The patch is not that thick, that it changes the proportions. But, as always, to each his own.

I don't know, the patch is quite thick. I've been wrapping my 13 oz. tanner belt under the patch of my 301s 07bk's and there are no signs of the patch ripping.

Max Power

if there's a slot provided for our belt why don't we use it? :)

well, there's a lot of ripped IH patch whether the owner use a thick or thin belt, but it's a part of your jeans history and you can re-sew it yourself :)

This. Sometimes patches rip and they do for a variety of reasons. Mine happened to be one of them. As repairs go, you'd be hard pressed to find a simpler one. Besides I was probably being dull and pulling my pants up by the belt, if anything.

just in case this also hadn't occurred to anyone, many people tend to pull up their jeans via that patch and their belt (which also is under the patch) and that constantly tends to start tearing the stitching.