Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

I ordered these because I liked the look of the jeans on their site ( [url=http://www.works-corp.com/iron/others/index.html]HERE</a> ) and I was curious as to what the 21 Oz. Selvedge denim would be like.

I've just had them arrive at work this morning so I've only had a quick chance to have a look and feel of them and thought I'd take some pics. I have a pair of APC English so I tend to draw my first comparisons with them. The denim does feel very thick but it doesn't have the shine or feel as rigid as the APC's. I was undecided as soon as i got to feel the denim but the more I handle the jeans the more I like it. I'd love to be able to try them on but that is not possible in the middle of the office! I will comment on fit and how they wear once I have a chance. anyway pics are below.

any comments are welcome.

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

I spent a lot of of money on booze, birds and

fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best

Edited by Guy H on Aug 22, 2005 at 02:46 AM

Edited by Guy H on Aug 22, 2005 at 06:37 AM

I'm glad people read my post icon_smile_dissapprove.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_wink.gif

Not had a chance to try them on as yet as they only arrived a couple of hours ago. I'll try and get some more pics of them once I have tried them on. just hope they fit OK.

The jeans are really nice! Had a chance to look at the properly over lunch and try them on. The fit is a bit tight on me (Waist by about an inch and round my thighs). I'm wondering if they will stretch and if so by how much?

You can feel the thickness in the denim! not a summer jean but should be awesome to wear through the colder months.

No I got them through a bloke on here. He's setting up a website and will be selling them to Europe and the US I think. EDIT: (email removed. see post below)

He was very helpful.

I'll drop him a mail and point him to this thread in case anybody is interested.

Edited by Guy H on Aug 22, 2005 at 07:53 AM

wow, those jeans look great! i'd own a pair right now if i didn't have 4 pairs of dry jeans waiting to be broken in. one day, one day...

let us know after you've worn them for a few months. i'd be interested in how they turn out. btw, is the waist true to size? i assume these are sanforized?

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

That looks fantastic. Please take some pictures of how they fit on you (important for me since we're both size 34, pretty rare on this forum icon_smile_wink.gif)

As for the tightness in the waist -- don't worry too much, they will definitely stretch out. Both pairs of dry denim I have stretched out substantially from their initial size.

Do you know if these jeans are sanforized?

EDIT: also, how high is the rise on these jeans?

Edited by minya on Aug 22, 2005 at 12:16 PM

minya, the front-rise is about 10" or even less. (from what I see on their size-chart, see the link on the top of this topic)

I guess they are not sanforized and they come with a water-only rinse. That's why they feel less stiff than the APC at first.

And I guess their sizes are some 0.5" less than marked, but I wonder if they stretch the same amount back again, more or less. And I guess the inseam is about 35", and that they are pre-shrunk.

Edited by Geowu on Aug 22, 2005 at 12:59 PM

Quote:

minya, the front-rise is about 10" or even less. (from what I see on their size-chart, see the link on the top of this topic)

I guess they are not sanforized and they come with a water-only rinse. That's why they feel less stiff than the APC at first.

And I guess their sizes are some 0.5" less than marked, but I wonder if they stretch the same amount back again, more or less. And I guess the inseam is about 35", and that they are pre-shrunk.

Edited by Geowu on Aug 22, 2005 at 12:59 PM

--- Original message by Geowu on Aug 22, 2005 12:52 PM

Geowu -- wow, you answered pretty much all of my questions. Your Japanese knowledge comes in handy. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

In other words, I can safely buy a 34 size and expect it to fit mostly true-to-size, right? Since they are pre-shrunk to fit the tagged size.

Quote: In other words, I can safely buy a 34 size and expect it to fit mostly true-to-size, right? Since they are pre-shrunk to fit the tagged size.

Not sure, maybe you should go with the 36. It would be helpful if Guy H post the waist measurements for the 34.

Quote:
Quote: In other words, I can safely buy a 34 size and expect it to fit mostly true-to-size, right? Since they are pre-shrunk to fit the tagged size.

Not sure, maybe you should go with the 36. It would be helpful if Guy H post the waist measurements for the 34.

--- Original message by Geowu on Aug 22, 2005 04:21 PM

Yes, Guy, please post the exact measurements of your jeans.

I think I'm probably going to go with the 36, just to be safe, and since I usually prefer my jeans a little baggy, anyway. (The Nudie pics I posted on STyleforum are size 36.)

I really like the look of those jeans, and I think the 21oz denim will be perfect for the Canadian winter.