Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Damn there's a green dunks gang?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? This color shit in NYC has gotten outta control...

But yea, just for the record, I wasn't tryna knock your style and say you were on some hype trend shit lol...as you said...just fun "uptown stereotype highlighting" from a fellow NYC vet. + Rep for that.

I now only have 1 pair of Dunks (Mita's) that I still haven't yet worn (I copped a year ago)...because of this gottdamn Dunk overkill phenom happening. Debating on flipping 'em for money to go towards a less OD-status high top.

I need me some Iron Hearts though...did you soak yours before wear?

yea "uptown stereotype highlighting" is always hilarious, heres some more: long chains on their Levis connected to two ends of their jeans (not a wallet), huge cuffs on jeans where theres nothing to show off, Nike ACGs, fake designer glasses, and this past winter there wasnt a person in the hood that wasnt wearing a vest. LMAO LMAO

Hehe its up to u on the dunks lol if ur not wearing levis with them then ur good to go and I havent soaked the IHs yet, im planning on wearing/fading and leaving them unwashed, plus i really doubt theyd shrink any significant amount as i heard they come presoaked (can anyone confirm?). i bought em pretty fitted for me.

yea "uptown stereotype highlighting" is always hilarious, heres some more: long chains on their Levis connected to two ends of their jeans (not a wallet), huge cuffs on jeans where theres nothing to show off, Nike ACGs, fake designer glasses, and this past winter there wasnt a person in the hood that wasnt wearing a vest. LMAO LMAO

Hehe its up to u on the dunks lol if ur not wearing levis with them then ur good to go and I havent soaked the IHs yet, im planning on wearing/fading and leaving them unwashed, plus i really doubt theyd shrink any significant amount as i heard they come presoaked (can anyone confirm?). i bought em pretty fitted for me.

Damn...I fell into some of those stereotypes (the down vest, always cuffing...although not OD HUGE...i am a firm believer of always cuffing your denim at least a bit...been cuffing since the mid-90's)...but then again...I don't go out and cop loud ass cartoon BBC or 10 Deep hoodies and fitteds to do with the vests and some other stupid corny flashy extra 80's shit to rock with that. No chains at all for me. But I am also guilty of doing ACG boots...but two years ago. Yikes hahaha.

Yea that's the problem...I was gonna get some light washed jeans to do with the Dunks since they are my only pair of mostly white kicks...on some spring/summer stee. All of the raw I have would love to place their indigo paws on 'em.

Do you intend on rockin' the IH's through the summer??!?!? That is hardbody, if so.

Damn...I fell into some of those stereotypes (the down vest, always cuffing...although not OD HUGE...i am a firm believer of always cuffing your denim at least a bit...been cuffing since the mid-90's)...but then again...I don't go out and cop loud ass cartoon BBC or 10 Deep hoodies and fitteds to do with the vests and some other stupid corny flashy extra 80's shit to rock with that. No chains at all for me. But I am also guilty of doing ACG boots...but two years ago. Yikes hahaha.

Yea that's the problem...I was gonna get some light washed jeans to do with the Dunks since they are my only pair of mostly white kicks...on some spring/summer stee. All of the raw I have would love to place their indigo paws on 'em.

Do you intend on rockin' the IH's through the summer??!?!? That is hardbody, if so.

yea i do cuffing and not cuffin too, pulling off one or two of the stereotypes is alright imo as long as you dont take it to another level as some kids do around here.

So far ive been rocking shorts every other day inbetween wearing my IHs, cant do ironhearts all summer id sweat buckets everywhere, their insanely heavy imo

and to the guy who said his IHs are bleeding all over the place, so are mine except on my kicks LMAO I used masking tape :) which you can do too heBAY so you can rock those dunks with dark indigo denim.

yea i do cuffing and not cuffin too, pulling off one or two of the stereotypes is alright imo as long as you dont take it to another level as some kids do around here.

So far ive been rocking shorts every other day inbetween wearing my IHs, cant do ironhearts all summer id sweat buckets everywhere, their insanely heavy imo

and to the guy who said his IHs are bleeding all over the place, so are mine except on my kicks LMAO I used masking tape :) which you can do too heBAY so you can rock those dunks with dark indigo denim.

Yea exactly (re: too much of the "uptown trends"). But damn b...SHORTS?!?!??! It's only May hahaha. I say rock the IH's till that real humid NYC upper-80's/lower-90's kicks in (or stop a month from now in mid-June lol).

True about masking tape...but I dunno...I just can't see myself puttin' tape at the bottom of my jeans (plus I cuff so it would be hard to fully conceal the tape since the cuffs sometimes slip a bit in the back).

Damn I want me some IH's...but I can't do it to myself...I will only rock 'em once Fall officially starts. Any word on the longer lengths?

Yea exactly (re: too much of the "uptown trends"). But damn b...SHORTS?!?!??! It's only May hahaha. I say rock the IH's till that real humid NYC upper-80's/lower-90's kicks in (or stop a month from now in mid-June lol).

True about masking tape...but I dunno...I just can't see myself puttin' tape at the bottom of my jeans (plus I cuff so it would be hard to fully conceal the tape since the cuffs sometimes slip a bit in the back).

Damn I want me some IH's...but I can't do it to myself...I will only rock 'em once Fall officially starts. Any word on the longer lengths?

lol rockin shorts right now aint that bad lol except today was type windy, kept the IHs on

true, concealing the tape can be tedious but i get it done in due time lol

Wat length do you want? Mines is a 36 in length

Also, after having observed a few different pics from various posters over the last couple months...phew...I have come to the conclusion that these jeans carry a fit similiar to APC Rescues? Correct me if I am wrong.

Ah yea...that's probably the truth...I guess they can be the Rescues, just one size slimmer.

I am actually wearing my Rescues now and they are a waist 32...I know for sure I wouldn't be able to pull that off with the IH's.

hmm not sure sure what you mean. if you have 32 rescues, it probably means they measure 34 inches now. you should probably get IH in 34 or 33.

hmm not sure sure what you mean. if you have 32 rescues, it probably means they measure 34 inches now. you should probably get IH in 34 or 33.
Yes Tarmac, that's what I meant.

They stretch out about 2 inches in the waist though. At least mine did. I normally wear a 32 waist, but I sized down to 31. Now they're like a 33" waist.

They stretch out about 2 inches in the waist though. At least mine did. I normally wear a 32 waist, but I sized down to 31. Now they're like a 33" waist.

strange because mine are labeled 31 and are only about 31.5" after a couple of months.

strange because mine are labeled 31 and are only about 31.5" after a couple of months.

How often do you wear them? I wore my Iron Hearts every day for the past four and a half months. Also, I'm a little meatier than most guys. That could be another factor in the stretch. But Kiya himself told me the Iron Hearts would stretch out a lot when I tried em on at the store. I didn't believe him first, but now I do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ I don't know how the APC Rescues compare to the Iron Heart 634s's in terms of fit, but my size 31 IH's stretched out to about 33.5 inches in the waist. I like to sag my jeans a bit, so perhaps that's why they are so stretched out. The long Zimbabwe cotton fibers also allows for quite a bit of stretch.

Anyway, here are my IH 634s's after 6 months of wear, 1 cold soak, and 1 hot wash.

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Yeah, here are some shitty pics of the fit. I have no one to take pictures of me posing, so I used a mirror. I'm afraid my roommates will ridicule me if I ask them to take pictures for me.

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

These sit pretty low on my waist. Probably like 3 or 4 inches down.