Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

On 10/14/2020 at 11:03 AM, louisbosco said:

i put my 666UHRs back on and off a couple of days each week between the in last indigo invitational and the start of the current. still my favourite pair by a mile. here hoping the 666-21L can pair beside it down the road.. 

washed it with some other pairs that i seldom wear and took some photos.

c9112485-8f0c-4efc-a430-674e544ae7e1.JPG

Really impressing and powerful raw denim evo results seen here!!!!

On 10/7/2020 at 4:52 AM, spidereye said:

Not sure if you guys already seen this owner is a biker he said during riding got excident and this 21oz heavy denim safe his skin .

FB_IMG_1602038766313.jpg

Woah they seem to be more them ready for the Jeansmuseum

On 10/12/2020 at 4:52 PM, cmboland said:

Where do I sell part of my soul for a purple flannel?

@cmboland Purple UHF tartan's just showed up on IHUK online 

Edited by mpukas

• 5 weeks later...

Just became aware of the 1955s-OD, which I guess have been out for around a year now—does anyone here have a pair? Are they cut the same as the standard 1955s? Always told myself that if they made these I'd likely buy a pair, although now that the black TCB '50s are out it's not so easy a call…

They re-cut the 1955s so the measurements have moved a bit, but IH's charts are very precise and they're willing to look through their inventory if you need to find the best fitting pair.

I love my 1955S.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Are you asking if (iron heart = any) jeans will stretch a ½inch in the waist? Then that’s almost a definite yes.

Or are you asking if you can limit the stretch to a ½inch? That depends entirely on your actual gut and usage of said jeans.

yes exactly limit the stretch to only half an inch.  I'm low body fat without a gut and at most lightly walk in my jeans

I was thinking IH don't stretch as much due to the tight weave & thicker denim.  

Depends what fabric you’re talking about! many of their fabrics are not that tightly woven so you will experience a decent amount of stretch. TBH most jeans will stretch in the waist more than half an inch if there’s pressure on it which generally happens when you’re sitting, bending over, moving around, etc. From what I’ve found, the best way to limit stretch is if you wear a belt or if you buy it kind of loose to begin with. 

19 minutes ago, youngofthesoonest said:

Depends what fabric you’re talking about! many of their fabrics are not that tightly woven so you will experience a decent amount of stretch. TBH most jeans will stretch in the waist more than half an inch if there’s pressure on it which generally happens when you’re sitting, bending over, moving around, etc. From what I’ve found, the best way to limit stretch is if you wear a belt or if you buy it kind of loose to begin with. 

Super black fade to grey sbg fabric

how to tell if a fabric is tightly or loosely woven?

4 hours ago, Lalafufu said:

yes exactly limit the stretch to only half an inch.  I'm low body fat without a gut and at most lightly walk in my jeans

I was thinking IH don't stretch as much due to the tight weave & thicker denim.  

I have the IH 21oz 633s. They stretched 1" in the waist for me with normal wear. Which is to say, I think they are like most denim in that respect.

The amount of stretch is not entirely directly related to the tightness of weave. 

But ask the seller - they will be your best source of information.

That fabric is a relatively low tension fabric. Like duke mantee said though, the fabric is just one aspect of it. How it fits on you, where it sits on your body, what you do in them will all impact stretch. 

8 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

That fabric is a relatively low tension fabric. Like duke mantee said though, the fabric is just one aspect of it. How it fits on you, where it sits on your body, what you do in them will all impact stretch. 

I see I see.  I’m not used to low tension black denim

will try these jeans on myself to see if I like the starting waist measurement 

thanks for all the help everybody!

20 minutes ago, Lalafufu said:

I see I see.  I’m not used to low tension black denim

will try these jeans on myself to see if I like the starting waist measurement 

thanks for all the help everybody!

It’s a sanforized but unrinsed denim so at 21oz, it will feel pretty rigid and unforgiving at first. I’ve also noticed that it can have a little more shrink than you’d normally find in a sanforized denim depending on how you wash it. 

I don’t think the questions asked are just pertinent to IH jeans. There seems to be a lot of technical issues being conflated with standard wash and wear and the broad area of denim generally.

A low body fat individual walking lightly in low tension black denim says nothing about how (any) jeans will stretch, and it’s not helpful to try and focus responses on that description.

If you’ve worn jeans in some capacity you would be aware that jeans will stretch in noticeable areas (waist, butt, knees etc), potentially shrink in some areas (especially after hot washes and the like) and obviously wear in all points of contact and abrasion and stretch and shrink areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would post some photos of a well worn Iron Heart shirt… that’s white! 
This is the IHSH-202-wht, white (or natural) chambray, pimped with turquoise snaps. I decided when I got it I could either try to keep it pristine or beat the crap out of it. The latter is easier to do, and more fun. About 40 days, no washes. Pretty interesting to see reverse fades, as it’s gathered dirt and indigo over the years. Still getting some nice roping, haha!

FE948A76-2761-4EB4-A1AE-485FD733AE51.jpeg

68C90E8F-9B89-42E2-96D9-6408302A04CA.jpeg

8306AC17-EA8A-448F-9565-ECC2A8B69695.jpeg

3C6D6E03-7BFB-4429-A17C-E08251618614.jpeg

1E2265D3-AB25-4AF1-B7E8-41D4BDC89B55.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

IH x Self Edge  633s14BB

Got these march of this year and they're probably my favorite fitting jean. As of 11/24 I'm about 6 1/2 months into these pairs with 1 wash and these have been my dailys since I got them I pretty much do everything in these jeans. I was surprised how good the 14 oz feels, before these I was rocking oni secrets but the relax tapered is just way too loose up top so I gave these a try and I'm very happy that I got these when I did. 

If curious my belt is a Ferro Concepts EDC2 belt.

Also I wish SE made this cut as black with other weights besides 14 (I know there's the 14 and 18 OD but I plan on getting an OD jacket and I'm not sure how I feel about rocking double overdyed.)

And I tried the 888 the fit is kinda funky with the high rise.

3333.jpg

22222.jpg

4444.jpg

ih 633.jpg