Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Incredible authentic work wear denim evo bradl!!!!!!!!!!

my 888-UHR's from 07/20/2018 atr about 8 months, 10 +/- washes. I wore them consistently through about mid-August like this. The high rolled mega cuff added much needed lower ventilation and air flow, and made it bearable to wear them in temps approaching 90F. Higher than that and it's shorts. 

I've lost quite a bit of weight (and never put back on the bulk/weight that I expected to), and these ran a bit bigger and didn't shrink as much as I expected. I could use a 33. They kinda hang off of me like a sack now. I've realized I prefer a mid rise, as on the 634, as opposed to this higher rise. And, I don't like the way this UHR denim responds to washing. It looses dye ridiculously quick and gets lots of white crocking marks. As Giles said somewhere on the IH Forum, this is a true enthusiast's denim, for someone who only rinses their jeans in the tub once or twice a year. So, I'm not sure how much more I'm gonna wear them... I'm eyeing other pairs... really bummed that I might be bailing on the DWC at less than a year... 

20180720_122655.thumb.jpg.84f9677f918985a7618a74b7d7ebefc6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great shots and awesome faded jeans seen here

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Down In Albion said:

what is with the prices now? £300 for jeans? prices have gone nuts. 

A few months ago Giles announced on the IH forum that IH would be increasing their prices across the board for a number of reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I might have accidentally destroyed a pair of two year old Iron Hearts. It had been a month or so since their last wash so I did my standard cold wash, air dry. Unfortunately they didn't dry out quite quickly enough and there was a slight mildew odor from the waist area.

I threw in some dissolved OxiClean/detergent and threw them into the wash to do a cold presoak/cold wash. Once finished I threw them onto the rack to dry out. There are brown stains throughout the inside. There is a brownish tint to almost the entire surface on the inside of the jeans. There's also a brownish/redish tint to in the areas on the front where the indigo is darker.

What in the holy hell happened? I've never had an issue like this before. the only wildcard factor was OxiClean to get the mildew smell out. Could OxiClean have caused this? I washed a pair of my black Iron Hearts using OxiClean without issue.

My first thoughts/questions are: what type of residence do you live in, what type of utilities do you have, and what type of washing machine do you have? Have you seen anything similar in any other clothes being washed in the same appliance? Reasons are those could be rust stains. To me it's unlikely mold/mildew could develop to that degree, that quickly. Unless there's a more serious underlying mold problem in the residence. If you have a water heater in your residence, have you checked it? If a water heater is on it's way out, it will put out rusty, discolored water. But that would only affect the hot water lines, not cold. Is it possible that plumbing in the residence has rusty infrastructure? Is it possible that any municipal water lines coming into the residence are rusty? 

I've had experience with rust stains on clothes before (many, many years ago; college years, at a laundromat). They are difficult to get out; had to use some sort of toxic solution, but clothes weren't ruined. 

Other thoughts are: how long since last wash? Any exposure to some odd/strange substance that got on your jeans? That may have had some sort of reaction to cleaning agent. 

Oxiclean makes a stain removal product, it's not detergent. It works on oxygen molecules bonding to stains. It's sold in a small container, powder form. Mix in a bucket/sink of water and soak clothes for 1 hr. Has worked very well for me, especially summer shoes made of fabric. But I've not tried it on jeans, so I can't say that it would work to get stains out or that there wouldn't be any adverse affects. 

@mpukas -  Actually it's a new washing machine (my own). We live in a house. No issues with any clothing before. I can't think of anything strange my jeans would have come in contact with. It's like all of the dark indigo took on a reddish/brownish tint with some of it bleeding through to the inside. The entire inside of the jeans have a rusty/browish hue to it now. So weird. Did a load of wash before and after this without issue.