Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

42147158611_d680422c31.jpg

picking up this beast with a good price (about 188$, new condition). Still confused about the stretch. I'll go with 1 size down (32 to 31) and see you guys around :)

Edited by dannylista

23 hours ago, dannylista said:

42147158611_d680422c31.jpg

picking up this beast with a good price (about 188$, new condition). Still confused about the stretch. I'll go with 1 size down (32 to 31) and see you guys around :)

Rock them the hardcore way for ever!! 

I can't wait to see them 600 wear days later

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

anyone else really feeling the new Olive Whipcord type 3 jacket?

I like it quite a lot... but... can't... do... it... ugh! 

Now that it's hot, I've been wearing the 888-NT's with massive high-water cuffs. I've finally figured out that high cuffs aids ventilation and actually makes it somewhat bearable to wear such heavy denim in mid- to high 80° temps. 8.5 months, about 10 washes. I've only washed them inside out, no spin, sometimes a hot dryer only until damp to try to shrink them more. Sorry for the washed-out pics... 

This denim does not do well with washing, as compared to some others. I much prefer the XHS to the UHR. As Giles said (and I'm paraphrasing), this is an enthusiast's denim. I wear my jeans for nearly everything, from actual dirty work to fine dining, and I wash them when they are dirty, every 2-6 weeks. I don't like having to be so concerned about getting odd fading marks just from washing. My 634-XHS have many more washes and look far better. 

20180613_102343.thumb.jpg.96c0dc44063b0c071a704fb1469bd6e4.jpg

20180613_102355.thumb.jpg.9e911986034ac3445282f53b6710f482.jpg

20 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

anyone else really feeling the new Olive Whipcord type 3 jacket?

I liked it in theory, but it's too long for me (and in fact, it's too long on several people I've seen pictured IMHO...)

21 minutes ago, Radiohead89 said:

What’s up with the arcuates on this model? 

This jean is over 10 years old, so the arcuates look different than Iron Heart's current design.

8 hours ago, mpukas said:

I thought those arcs were special just for that model? 

They may have changed them just for that model, but even their in-line regular jeans had different arcuates when that 5th anniversary jean came out.

WANTED ripcord N1 jacket in brown size medium .

Feel free to mail me or share link to item advertised .

Cheers 

No longer required ! Purchased an Real Mccoys , not the colour I wanted but I needed something now to keep out the winter chill .

cheers 

Edited by splash pitman

3 minutes ago, melbatoast said:

Are these fake?: https://www.grailed.com/listings/4867561-Iron-Heart-Iron-Heart-rare-21oz

The stitching and denim sort of looks like APC to me. I'm not thinking of buying or anything, mostly just curious

The denim doesn't look very Iron Heart like, and the patch is stiched down on all sides too. Couple flags to me. 

13 hours ago, melbatoast said:

Are these fake?: https://www.grailed.com/listings/4867561-Iron-Heart-Iron-Heart-rare-21oz

The stitching and denim sort of looks like APC to me. I'm not thinking of buying or anything, mostly just curious

Yup, those are fake. 

well - it says "Custom patchwork"...

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this used to be a IH jeans, but totally customized and re-assembled.

certainly not worth $200 (or $84) - due to the customization there is no way to say what size you will get!

Edited by Foxy2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

I'm currently looking into picking up a new pair of jeans, and trying to decide between the Ironheart's 634s-ii or the 634-UHR. I owned a pair in the UHR fabric which I sold a while ago (big regrets), but I've never handled the I/I fabric. My question for those who have handled both, what is the difference in feel and weight between the two?

thanks,

suflu

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/22/2018 at 11:15 AM, iamsuperflush said:

Hey all,

I'm currently looking into picking up a new pair of jeans, and trying to decide between the Ironheart's 634s-ii or the 634-UHR. I owned a pair in the UHR fabric which I sold a while ago (big regrets), but I've never handled the I/I fabric. My question for those who have handled both, what is the difference in feel and weight between the two?

thanks,

suflu

I can't comment on the UHR, but the s-ii are pretty dense and heavy for the ounces.  There isn't much breath-ability, they're rigid, and took a while to break in.  Smooth and uniform in texture.

• 2 weeks later...