Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

1 hour ago, pudaspriest said:

sad I missed out on this one, looks awesome. They sure went fast.....

We've got a full stock of these shirts at all Self Edge stores, whatever is left of our in-store stock is going up in our online store on Monday.

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

Today I got the SH 170. What can I say...the fuzz is justified, the fabric is beyond awesome. Probably one of the best IH shirts so far.

it seems that with any new IH shirt release, it becomes one of their best. They really do make awesome shirts. I have bought so many in last 12 months it's ridiculous.

Only the indigo waffle workshirt I am not crazy about.

Great denim evo seen here!!! kevypf597

• 2 weeks later...

Brought from Rodeo Bros on Rakuten today and got an interesting message with my order. From what I understand, Iron Heart is implementing a new management policy and Rodeo (+ presumably other webstores) won't be selling any IH items through Rakuten after April. Might be worth putting orders in now if anyone wants those Japanese retail prices.

4 hours ago, Hades said:

Brought from Rodeo Bros on Rakuten today and got an interesting message with my order. From what I understand, Iron Heart is implementing a new management policy and Rodeo (+ presumably other webstores) won't be selling any IH items through Rakuten after April. Might be worth putting orders in now if anyone wants those Japanese retail prices.

yeah, I think this was relayed to customers 1.5 to 2 months ago.

4 hours ago, ColonelAngus said:

yeah, I think this was relayed to customers 1.5 to 2 months ago.

yep. Same sort of thing that's happening w/ PBJ. 

59 minutes ago, Niro said:

except that Iron Heart have an official international branch

true 

59 minutes ago, Niro said:

(in addition to their numerous international retailers)

PBJ also has numerous international retailers. 

I'm of the opinion that this sort of international price fixing (or call it whatever you want) is going to happen with more brands. Japanese makers are mostly small scale (compared to any other international fashion brand). As the global interest in selvedge denim, heritage work wear, craft made clothing, boutique Japanese brands, etc. continues to expand, Japanese makers are realizing they can reach a much broader market by partnering with international retailers. However, international retailers are subject to higher fees, as discussed, therefore have to charge higher prices. 

It's going to impact buyers from all over the world, for different reasons. Personally I'm not happy about it, but I understand why. Just remember these times, in a couple of years we'll all be used to paying 25%-40% more than we're paying today. 

I do find it oddly amusing that there's a general perception that it's OK for IH to do this, mainly since they have a long established base in UK, that ships internationally, which charges much higher prices than their JP store (RB&C) which does not ship outside of JP, but it's somehow not OK for PBJ (or some other lesser-perceived brand) to do this. I'm curious to see the reactions when TFH, Samurai, Warehouse, FC, Oni, etc. start doing this. 

For warehouse at least, the ability to order directly from their webstore to the US gives them a huge edge. I am happy to support stateside retailers when possible (i.e BiG & Independence for Warehouse) but both stocked the export models of the 800 and 1000, with longer inseams and denim pocket bags (why????). Neither of those were details I found desirable, so of course I went through WH to get the regular version.

I am sure a part of this transition also has to do with the rising and falling of the Yen over the last few years, plus a decent bit of uncertainty over how the market will be. Think about how much the GBP has dropped since brexit, and what sort of effect that has for their major western distributor 

Edited by Fooleo

1 hour ago, mpukas said:

true 

PBJ also has numerous international retailers. 

I'm of the opinion that this sort of international price fixing (or call it whatever you want) is going to happen with more brands. Japanese makers are mostly small scale (compared to any other international fashion brand). As the global interest in selvedge denim, heritage work wear, craft made clothing, boutique Japanese brands, etc. continues to expand, Japanese makers are realizing they can reach a much broader market by partnering with international retailers. However, international retailers are subject to higher fees, as discussed, therefore have to charge higher prices. 

It's going to impact buyers from all over the world, for different reasons. Personally I'm not happy about it, but I understand why. Just remember these times, in a couple of years we'll all be used to paying 25%-40% more than we're paying today. 

I do find it oddly amusing that there's a general perception that it's OK for IH to do this, mainly since they have a long established base in UK, that ships internationally, which charges much higher prices than their JP store (RB&C) which does not ship outside of JP, but it's somehow not OK for PBJ (or some other lesser-perceived brand) to do this. I'm curious to see the reactions when TFH, Samurai, Warehouse, FC, Oni, etc. start doing this. 

Oddly enough, I think PBJ is a bit of an outlier in all of this. IH has a rock solid reputatation and excellent quality/variety to match, so it's easy to understand why they have fiercely loyal customers. Not to sound redundant but PBJ has a few things that don't work in their favor, namely, their weird fits (which have gradually expanded to accomodate Westerners), and more importantly, their tremendous lack of variety. I know that 'indigo' is their thing, hence the name Pure Blue Japan, but damnit, I would like to see them offer something that isn't blue for once.

The only thing that worries me is that sometimes some IH products become unavailable in the West but can still be found in Japan. That's how I got my IHSH-76 (of course, since then they have done a new run and it's become available again here but there was no way to know).

I think this will also give IH Central tighter control over their inventory, where's it's going, who has what, and how many, etc. 

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

The only thing that worries me is that sometimes some IH products become unavailable in the West but can still be found in Japan. That's how I got my IHSH-76 (of course, since then they have done a new run and it's become available again here but there was no way to know).

Just ask Giles over on Iron Heart. From what i've seen, If there's stuff still in stock over at IH Japan base and you are a customer, he will often specially order something on your behalf

Participating in the Iron Heart Forum world tour again, these are the 666SII with a bit over a year of wear on them.
More contrast than I'm used to wearing, but the denim has faded nicely.
modtoCl.jpg
ZxaDhwN.jpg
r1mtD1R.jpg
GeFPXUZ.jpg
a8HvxBX.jpg
iqbusWQ.jpg

Great to see them again on  their journey of denim evolution broark

Here's a 30% off Iron Heart coupon from Rodeo Bros because Rodeo isn't selling IH anymore starting in April:

Dear 

This is Mihara from RODEO BROS.

Thank you very much for shopping on our website.

Did you receive the item you ordered safely?
Also, were you satisfied with the product?

In our shop, for better product development and service improvement,
Also, in order to be helpful for customers who are considering our products from now on,
We ask the customer to fill in the review.

I am sorry to trouble you very much during my busy period,
It is easy and I do not care, so I would be pleased if you could fill in the review.

Indeed we have news,

According to the management policy of Iron Heart Co., Ltd.,

Iron Heart's products finishes the sale on the website in the end of March, 2017.

We can not sell it in Rakuten after April, 2017.

Please order Iron Heart's products as soon as possible.

Please write down your favor or any questions!

Example)
Wearing feeling: just right
Height: 171 - 175 cm
Weight: 60 kg or more
Feet size: 26.5 cm
Purchase size: M

* Select the item (or shop) to write the review from within the purchase history,
Please click the "Write Product Review" button and post a review.

* Review can be posted with nickname or anonymous.

※ This email already reviewed the feedback and opinions on review
For those who gave us the confirmation of the item arrival and "Thank you"
I am sending you with a gratitude feeling.

Based on the voice of everyone at Rodeobros
We strive to provide better products and services on a daily basis.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Benefits! With coupon code presentation 【30% OFF】

<How to use>
Please include the following code in the remarks column.

Coupon code → Wr6yA

30% OFF this item using coupon this time
(Rakuten) http://www.aun-wa.com/sale_efu/
(Official) http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/auc-rodeo/sale_efu/

<Notes>
When ordering, the amount before discount will be displayed, but we will send you an email with the amount corrected later.
Not orderable
Can not be combined with other coupons

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Any Request Product 【We are welcome Internal of our website】

※If you are looking for a product but you can not find our shop,
please feel free to ask for the stock!!