Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

2 hours ago, nizzel55 said:

you can check my pictures on the page 386. Regarding the 18oz indigo indigo.

I even got comparison pictures my pair 420+ days and my friends pair 595 days of wear.

Ha, I didn't know what they were. Very nice indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Shameless for-sale plug; 

I just purchased (2) IHSH-13 chambray shirts in size XL, both BLACK and BLUE. Brand new, unworn, unwashed. They are going to be too small for me once washed. Measurements on request. 

I really like these shirts because they are the western style with snap buttons, but do not have the western front shoulder yoke. Snaps rock. 

20170131_180120.jpg

20170131_180101.jpg

if washed in hot water and put in the drier, they'll shrink. If washed in cold water and hung dry, as the IH webpage description says, there may be a little shrinkage. There is no indication if this fabric is sanforized or not. In my recent experience with other IH shirts, they'll all shrink with a hot wash a tumble dry. 

On 20.1.2017 at 0:32 PM, nizzel55 said:

From left to right.

IH-666S: 431 days, 8 soaks and 4 machine washes
IH-666SII: 424 days, 2 soaks and 8 machine washes
IH-666UHR: 172 days, 6 soaks and 1 machine wash

170120_IH666SII_32_d0424_029.jpg

170120_IH666SII_32_d0424_032.jpg

Took quite some more pictures of the jeans. Might add some more photos later :)

I have to bring them back. 

I love this strong natural denim evo results like hell

Whatever you think of their products, the IH people are head and shoulders over the rest in terms of operations and marketing. It's sooooo much easier to research and buy their stuff compared to that of other companies.

While I'm a big fan of the crew and the accessability of the products, I figure that some might see it as a small turnoff that it's so well marketed and available in the west. In fact, IHs are like the only "sufu-featured" Jeans that I see on the streets quite often. There's a certain appeal in discovering small stocks of stuff in Japan, but I don't do that anymore. When I tried on a nice Warehouse flannel in Berlin a few weks ago I was quite surprised to get a heavyweight flannel with perfect measurements from this brand as well. I used to just browse the IH stuff as I know how to size there and love the shirts - and don't have to deal with customs.

I'm not exactly a fan boy but their availability and range is so much better than that of other brands that they end up being over represented. The forum is a genius idea because it makes it easy to sell & buy previously owned stuff, which in turns makes it easy for people to try the brand at a lower cost. 

On 2/1/2017 at 11:50 AM, mpukas said:

if washed in hot water and put in the drier, they'll shrink. If washed in cold water and hung dry, as the IH webpage description says, there may be a little shrinkage. There is no indication if this fabric is sanforized or not. In my recent experience with other IH shirts, they'll all shrink with a hot wash a tumble dry. 

My plan to up-size to XXL in IH shirts didn't work out quite as well as I had hoped... the shirts didn't shrink as much as I expected after washing, drying and ironing. I really think that ironing them flattened, relaxed and extended the fabric to it's fullest, making them fit truest to the actual cut of each shirt. Some measurements got a little smaller, but not significantly. Mainly the length by about .25" and width by about .125". Surprisingly, some measurements on some shirts got a little larger when compared to new, un-laundered. Could be user error... When new, not laundered and ironed, they felt smaller. The IHSH-13's are a little smaller in the shoulders, chest and upper arms, so the XXL works for me and the XL's are for sale. I've laundered the XL's to get true, actual measurements. 

I also have three other IH shirts for sale - IHSH-62 BLACK, size XXL, IHSH-62 INDIGO, size XXL and IHSH-07 HICKORY STRIPE, size XXL for sale in the market place. 

20170213_114959.jpg

20170213_115215.jpg

20170213_115437.jpg

20170214_120810.jpg

20170214_121022.jpg

On 2/8/2017 at 10:25 AM, Niro said:

I would actually like to hear of someone who thinks negatively of their products

I will uphold the rep that Iron Heart, in every way, lives up to its reputation. Every piece I have from them is of the best and most absurd quality, and it usually becomes a staple / forever piece. Their fits actually fit Western body types exceptionally so, as well, so that's a key factor. After 2.5 years at Self Edge with access to all of this stuff daily, I find that IH really does stand up to the hype.

Broke down and bought a brass IH w-15 wallet chain to replace the chain I currently have. Told myself I wasn't going to buy a clothing brand name's chain but I liked the length since it is longer than 45cm, which is what I currently own. Took advantage of the low price in Rakuten and the coupon.  It comes with a key chain, which is something I don't need though.  Probably will sell the keychain.

Edited by mlwdp

IH has a reputation for a reason. It's top-notch quality clothing. Period. I own a few pieces, & I can't find fault with any of them.

Admittedly, a tad pricey at times. So if you can't afford it, don't moan, just don't buy it. 

IHUK's customer service is right up there too!!!

6 hours ago, Tapori said:

IH has a reputation for a reason. It's top-notch quality clothing. Period. I own a few pieces, & I can't find fault with any of them.

Admittedly, a tad pricey at times. So if you can't afford it, don't moan, just don't buy it. 

IHUK's customer service is right up there too!!!

I'm not complaining.  I paid literally $18 for it since I had some extra spare PayPal money from a previous eBay sale. The price through Rodeo Bros was lower than from the Iron Heart Website, about $80 less.   Rodeo has the best prices IMO for Iron Heart etc.  I had a choice between a used Calee chain or Iron Heart but Calee's version wouldn't ship to US and was too pricey even though the detail and craftsmanship was impressive.  Calee's was too short anyway.

I'm just mad that I broke a promise to myself that I wouldn't buy another chain let  alone a brand name chain. 

@mldwp

Admittedly, a tad pricey at times. So if you can't afford it, don't moan, just don't buy it.

When I posted that, I wasn't aiming the comment at you or anyone in particular. I include myself in the statement also. I've looked at some choice IH pieces, only to groan at the price. Not saying they're not worth it, but a bit rich for my wallet. :)

3 minutes ago, Tapori said:

@mldwp

Admittedly, a tad pricey at times. So if you can't afford it, don't moan, just don't buy it.

When I posted that, I wasn't aiming the comment at you or anyone in particular. I include myself in the statement also. I've looked at some choice IH pieces, only to groan at the price. Not saying they're not worth it, but a bit rich for my wallet. :)

No offense taken.  I stand by what I said earlier about Rodeo Bros (auc-wan) having better IH prices than others.  

another shameless plug... I need to recover damages from poor sizing choices :blush:

IHV-02 WBASH/NAVY XXL and IHV-02 WABASH/BLACK XXL also for sale in the Marketplace. Thanks! mpp

20170215_095810.jpg

20170215_095703.jpg

2DF274C9-D10E-4E69-9278-8ECDCFDF7A94_zps

Subtle details are nice 

36DD95A4-B8D7-40DE-B2F4-F5DDCC5F2F1A_zps

Bought the IH w-15 brass wallet chain from Rodeo Bros off Rakuten for $18 due to some spare PayPal change I had lying around and a 1000 yen coupon.  I like this length better than my last chain.

Edited by mlwdp