Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Awesome denim evo indeed idiot_bitch!!!!

hahaha i was like "whoa that's a bit uncalled for", but that is his actual forum name ^_^

I need to get myself an Iron Heart UHR pair...the 777-UHR should be releasing at some point

Edited by Niro

hahaha i was like "whoa that's a bit uncalled for", but that is his actual forum name ^_^

I need to get myself an Iron Heart UHR pair...the 777-UHR should be releasing at some point

The backs of my knees got chewed up bad for the first two weeks with these. Anyone picking up the 777-UHR is gonna be in for an experience...

The backs of my knees got chewed up bad for the first two weeks with these. Anyone picking up the 777-UHR is gonna be in for an experience...

Yea I was just looking at the sizing again. I think the devil's fit UHR would be more ideal for me. It looks most similar to Oni 546ZR and I have found that fit perfect.

Hopefully they will restock one last time

ha...so this is the problem...the 777 has a lower rise and seems like tight knee space...the 666 has similar mid rise but not as tapered. But in real wearing terms, I am not sure which would be closest in terms of actual fit.

The 666 cut starts out really tight in the thighs but after a few weeks, the top block loosens up significantly. If you can bear the discomfort for a while, its a great cut!

Truth.

The waist stretches out easier than the hips/thighs, but mine are starting to come along. I'm about 10 days in.

This denim is super tough & the cut can be really snug/stubborn, especially if sized down (I have 32" waist and sized down to 31).

Not comfy when breaking in/stretching but damn do they look good.

Edited by Ghost tech

Joe_poww

Great looking jeans!

Rock them hard too

I think you need a purple flannel to add to your collection.

I've got one of the new purple/black ombré workshirt headed my way.

Won't be cold enough to wear it for sometime but I couldn't resist.

Clearly I have a problem.

Yea I want the purple, but £270 is not in my budget for a shirt. R&H should be getting some in and will see their price point, otherwise hope some will still be around during a sale.

I've got one of the new purple/black ombré workshirt headed my way.

Won't be cold enough to wear it for sometime but I couldn't resist.

Clearly I have a problem.

I would class it as having style not a problem  :)

Truth.

The waist stretches out easier than the hips/thighs, but mine are starting to come along. I'm about 10 days in.

This denim is super tough & the cut can be really snug/stubborn, especially if sized down (I have 32" waist and sized down to 31).

Not comfy when breaking in/stretching but damn do they look good.

Really ? i had no stretch in the thighs on my 18oz 666s.

I sized down from a 30" to 29" as i heard that they gave.

I just copped a pair of IH 1955-UHR in size 34  from a IH Forum member. 

Back in June, I had to get a total hip replacement (THR) on my left hip. Came on really quickly. I've never had hip problems before, but have had lower back problems for many years. Since getting the THR, most of my back pains have been alleviated. I'm still recovering and rehabbing, and have a ways to go to get back to normal. My overall activity level has been greatly reduced. I've since become kinda soft and doughy. I still have some swelling in my hip. 

Because of the THR, my DWC IH 634XHS size 33 are so tight I can hardly bear to wear them. Just walking in them is a chore. They were always tight, and I feel that the XHS version runs a bit small. I've been eyeing the 1955-UHR for a long time, but never pulled the trigger when they were available. I was always thinking my size would be a 33. 

I did one cold wash and two hot washes, hand wash cycle, all with just drain no spin. Hang dry. All the shrink is out. They didn't shrink nearly as much as other unsanforized denims I have/had. 

I was seriously considering getting another pair of 634XHS in a 34, but when I found these 1955-UHR in 34, I jumped on them. Some of the proportions are better than 634, like the pockets are cut bigger and lower, and the belt loops are a bit taller. Top of coin pocket is still too high to be useful (for a knife) when wearing a wide belt. Not considering leg taper, this cut is similar to Samurai's S510. I think they're too big on me and would prefer a 33, but then the waist would be pretty tight. Excess fabric in the front junk area, saddle bagging at the hips, saggy in the butt. I like the XHS denim better than the UHR denim. Overall impressions - meh, I don't love them. 

Measurements (inches): raw / washed

Waist: 17.5 / 17.0 

Front rise: 12.75 / 12.25

Back rise: 16.5 / 16.0

Thigh (measured at crotch seam): 13.5 / 13.25 

Knee (13" down): 10.0 / 9.625 

Hem: 8.25 / 8.125 

Length: 36.5 / 34.25 

20160830_110123_zpsrgi78por.jpg

20160830_110159_zpsnkpmcnpm.jpg

20160830_110218_zpsbam0q7r4.jpg

20160830_110324_zpsjgzrnawo.jpg

(this pic is the most true to color - they are very blue)

Raw fit pics

20160830_105354_zpswhygj305.jpg

20160830_105414_zpswtgey7ga.jpg

20160830_105458_zpskmkb8olv.jpg

Washed fit pics

20160902_144358_zpsokqvxb4m.jpg

20160902_144411_zpscfp7vptj.jpg

I think when the denim relaxes you may like them more  the saddlebags won't be so prominent. I've got the 55UHR's too they get better.   It looks like a good fit to me.

Edited by craneman

I have a pair of 634SR which I believe is the same denim as the UHR. I love the vivid blue and it is probably my favorite pair ever. They fit slightly better(looser) everywhere than a 634s and pockets are functional. Stitching is the best of both worlds in that it's super thick but still cotton. Rodeo bros might still have stock of some mpukas, if those seem to be more up your alley.

Really ? i had no stretch in the thighs on my 18oz 666s.

I sized down from a 30" to 29" as i heard that they gave.

It is a minute amount, not much give at all, but they do get more comfortable. At first it was flat out miserable but now they're not. I'm not gonna enter a high kick competition in em' but they do get a little more comfy each time I wear them.

Perhaps it's just the threads/weave loosening up?

Hindsight, TTS would definitely be more comfortable but I don't know if they would look as good fit wise?

Personally, I'm using it as an excuse to lose a little more weight.

Edited by Ghost tech

I have a pair of 634SR which I believe is the same denim as the UHR. I love the vivid blue and it is probably my favorite pair ever. They fit slightly better(looser) everywhere than a 634s and pockets are functional. Stitching is the best of both worlds in that it's super thick but still cotton. Rodeo bros might still have stock of some mpukas, if those seem to be more up your alley.

@SuperJackle - I had been considering the 634SR as well, mainly because the measurements looked a little larger than the 634S as you said. It looks like they run a size larger per tagged size. I really dig the dark copper buttons over IH's standard ones, as well as the bright dual tone stictching. I thought (but don't know for sure) that IH only uses poly-cotton thread. Does the 634SR really use all cotton thread? 

^^^^ rrreyhan

Awesome denim evo seen here!!!

^^ mpukas

Great looking jeans! Rock them hard for ever