Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

I would just have worn them the regulsr way.

I wouldn't have cared about too short pants Flo

i wonder how your tailor got on with hemming pants made from fabric that thick, max. i've always liked this write-up on them http://obscured.com.au/denim-jeans/iron-hearts-23oz-oh-cool-cargo-pants-wtf/, nearly made me click buy despite the pure impracticality of wearing such thick heavy pants where i live.

The 21 oz fabric has been treated (washed I think) in a manner that it fades pretty slowly. Whereas most other IH denims fade with very high contrast. In General the 21 oz denim has a very smooth, regular surface, no hair, no slub. IMO it's for those who want a subtle pair of Jeans, not crazy fabric or fades.

i wonder how your tailor got on with hemming pants made from fabric that thick, max. i've always liked this write-up on them http://obscured.com.au/denim-jeans/iron-hearts-23oz-oh-cool-cargo-pants-wtf/, nearly made me click buy despite the pure impracticality of wearing such thick heavy pants where i live.

I'm curious too. They are really (!) heavy, at least above 1kg. He immediately noticed that, but it didn't Keep him from  taking the alteration request. As they have to sew over the double knee area, it will surely be interesting wether they manage to do it.

@spitfiredealer

ohhh ic ic thanks

@Max Power

hmmm i get it, its famous for its durability , and others but not its contrast fade

so any suggestion for IH denim that has great contrast other than the 18oz? because the 18 is too mainstream...

what about the IH's lightweight denim?

IH only really use the 18oz or 21oz denim. As above 18 gives you character and contrast the 21 gives you subtle ageing. The 14oz is anew offering so won't be any experience with fades long term, (unless it was used in the triple works line?)

I assume you mean mainstream as IH is so popular in SE Asia? Have you considered another brand if you want something different?

@geeman

ohhh,and i think the 14oz is  still in the process of making, i saw in their IG

yup so popular in SE asia, currently i am looking for a contrast and slim fit, (except flat head and pbj, because i already have that)

i think i shouldn't continue the "looking for" topic in here.... 

thanks btw!

My short impression about the denims (there's a lot more than mentioned):

- 17 oz Natural Indigo: interesting denim, cheap for what you get, slow fader but with fairly high contrast

- 16,5oz double indigo duck: super high contrast, stiffest material, not the usual fabric - might be worth a try if you want something further away from mainstream

- 18 oz: IMO the most appealing, fades pretty good, most character & slubs, also not sanforized

- 18 oz II denim: high contrast, but the stitching pops out (very loud)

- 19 oz LHT: super high contrast, stiff denim

- 20 oz SE exclusive grey weft: no personal experience

-classic 21 oz: fades slow, with a greyish tone, no high contrast

- 21/23oz Raw denim: nice marbling & fades, also very appealing

- 23 oz sanforized: fades with fairly high contrast

- 25 oz: dito

Then there's also another 17 oz denim that was used on some pronto models, the 21 oz SBG denim and the new 14 oz denim...plenty to choose from.

I wish IH would do more with the 1955. The measurements look appealing and I really want to try on a pair. I read that Giles said that cut didn't sell well, and they are not planning on doing anything more with it. Hopefully he and H will change their minds. 

Not too much development from the last post, but here they are anyway. DWCxUHR, ten months, four hand washes. Color on these is for once pretty near dead on. Indigo on the calves is starting to give way and take on a grainy appearance and the cuff holes are getting quite pronounced.

f4rlsCEl.jpg

oyTaFB5l.jpg

I always found the rise to be just a bit too long - the rest looked fine. I guess it tapers a bit too much for the repro guys and has too much rise for the modern fit guys.

I can see how many <young> guys would find the combination of high rise and tapered leg not appealing. But then again many <older/middle aged> guys are looking for just that. And, Kiya says that their exclusive-to-SE 633 cut has been one of their best sellers (yeah, I get it's got no relation o the 1955, it's a tapered version of the 634). Personally, I think tapering my 634-XHS to an 8" hem was the best thing that could be done to them. 

Here they are - no comments on how heavy the fabric was. I'm quite satisfied with the result. I like my shorts comfy and loose and think they will eventually shrink a bit with a wash. The super heavy fabric makes them not too easy to wear in hot conditions but I think I'll find enough situations. So I'm happy.

24834378223_de957ef17c_h.jpg
24834351443_7794da6e2c_h.jpg
25368138551_63c1dfd68b_h.jpg

Not too much development from the last post, but here they are anyway. DWCxUHR, ten months, four hand washes. Color on these is for once pretty near dead on. Indigo on the calves is starting to give way and take on a grainy appearance and the cuff holes are getting quite pronounced.

quote]

Awesome denim evolution seen here!

Rock them hard for ever

Helpful - but why is everything underlined?! ("ITS ALL IMPORTANT!!!")

Edited by erase