Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Gave my SExIH18 jacket it's first machine wash.  I'm actually surprised how faded its looking because it wasn't quite this contrasty prior to the wash.  About 1 fall/winter wear out of it.  I absolutely love this jacket.  This is the sample version I purchased from the Self Edge sale a while back.  It was originally waxed but after the wash most of the waxing has come off.

ryOz8Bt.jpg

w0cjMr6.jpg

aP6IWzw.jpg?1Nf7QcJ6.jpgPfOf8yl.jpgAe0EJnU.jpg

When are these SE sales everyone speaks about?

Gave my SExIH18 jacket it's first machine wash.  I'm actually surprised how faded its looking because it wasn't quite this contrasty prior to the wash.  About 1 fall/winter wear out of it.  I absolutely love this jacket.  This is the sample version I purchased from the Self Edge sale a while back.  It was originally waxed but after the wash most of the waxing has come off.

ryOz8Bt.jpg

w0cjMr6.jpg

aP6IWzw.jpg?1Nf7QcJ6.jpgPfOf8yl.jpgAe0EJnU.jpg

When are these SE sales everyone speaks about?

This particular one was maybe a year - year and a half ago on the rawdenim subreddit.  The other one you'll hear about was the warehouse sale where they used que pasa to sell a bunch of stuff.  That was also maybe a year ago.

Cross post from the DWC thread.

2015-11-13 - 157 days (01 soak, 00 hand washes, 00 machine wash)

Tried to take some comparizon photos today.

My pair and @enell (instagram: @enelljohan) s pair.

His pair has 200 days days of wear 1 soak.

151113_IH666SII_32_d157_005.jpg

151113_IH666SII_32_d157_011.jpg

151113_IH666SII_32_d157_017.jpg

151113_IH666SII_32_d157_019.jpg

Edited by nizzel55

Thanks Max.

Enell is washing his pair this weekend or giving them a soak. I have been on the fence as well. I really like how my pair looks at this stage. but my combs has started to crack. I tend to get that on all my jeans. Even on the ones I have washed regularly.

I need to put some stitches into them to keep the cracking at bay. :)

They do not smell or anything but a first wash is going to happen soon.

Edited by nizzel55

My IH jacket actually shrunk up a touch.  Not nearly as bad as unsanforized obviously but it is now much snugger around the chest.  Actually makes it a bit harder to wear with a hoodie or a thick flannel since I washed it.

-edit-

Mine is 23oz not the signature 21oz, though.  I actually don't have experience with their signature denim.

Edited by dwilson123

^It's air drying now...It does not seem to have changed very much so far.

Yeah, that was to be expected. Maybe use a tumble dryer?

Anyway, I just recently looked at Giles jacket..... This has become such a great piece!! You got a lot to look forward to!

So I got my IH-666s's a few days ago and absolutely love the fit!  Here are some fit pics post wash. Size 30. My dog wanted in on the fun and then got bored a few seconds later. I can't wait to put some serious wear in these! 

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg