Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Haha. Thanks Max. The Macro competition is not going to be won by me. I am a happy amateur.

It was the DWC challenge that made me put on the macro lens. I have not used it in ages.

Once I did I got a bit carried away.

Need to get a tripod though. Makes it easier I think.

Edited by nizzel55

^^^nizzel55 I love your macro shots showing the power of denim evolution at its best!!!

Keep go on your great work

Anyone have the new 777? Maybe next year i'll pick up a pair of ironhearts. If so, let's see them!

If you dig the current measurements, better get them quick. They were supposed to have a lower rise and should get altered in the next batch. But I heard they sold pretty good, so I'm not sure if that's still the plan.

Thinking of copping my first IH, looking for a fit similar to a Sami 710, need to have a decent rise and some room in the thigh. And some recommendation to which fabric would be appreciated. what something with character. From measurements it looks like a 666s would suit me but heard they can be quite tight in the thighs

Cheers

@slavo

I fear you won't get all of those things in IH. I feel like their thighs on the Slim fits are all pretty small, even on the 18 oz Beatle Buster that would probably suit your criteria the best. 

The UHR denim fades in the most unique way, but the 634 is wider and the 666 slimmer than a 710 (at least in the thighs), so you might not find the desired fit here.

Edited by Max Power

Thinking of copping my first IH, looking for a fit similar to a Sami 710, need to have a decent rise and some room in the thigh. And some recommendation to which fabric would be appreciated. what something with character. From measurements it looks like a 666s would suit me but heard they can be quite tight in the thighs

Cheers

777?

The 21oz lacks character when compared to other denims.  I still love my jeans that are from that fabric and they just lack all the frills and excitement that is attached to other fabric choices.

I have the 710's and the 21oz Beatle Busters, both in size 33. Other than the higher rise of the Busters, I find the fit to be pretty similar. Max Power may be right about the 18oz version (I have no experience with those) but surely the fit can't be dramatically different from the 21oz version.

The 21oz denim doesn't have a lot of character, that's just not what the 21oz denim is about. Having said that, as much as I like other denims that have lots of character (other than my 710's I also own PBJ's and a pair of Strike Gold 5105's), the 21oz denim is sublime. It may just be the perfect denim in terms of comfort, color, breathability, heaviness, and durability.

Edited by everyinchofgod

@slavo

I fear you won't get all of those things in IH. I feel like their thighs on the Slim fits are all pretty small, even on the 18 oz Beatle Buster that would probably suit your criteria the best. 

The UHR denim fades in the most unique way, but the 634 is wider and the 666 slimmer than a 710 (at least in the thighs), so you might not find the desired fit here.

+1 

IH's slim cuts like the BB and 666 are quite slim in the thighs. I love the 666, but I can't wear them as they're too tight in the thighs. And looking at the BB, they are also too slim. 

Cheers

I recommend the 633 f/ SE if you want a cut with room in the thigh and a bit of taper. don't think IH offers this cut anywhere else, or anything similar to it. 

I'm wearing the 634-XHS for the DWC and I had Railcaar Fine Goods taper them to an 8" leg opening to mimic the 633. The 634 doesn't have a super wide opening to begin with, but I wanted a bit more taper - like the 633 as I said, and also the Samurai 710. Of all the brands and cuts I've had/have, the tapered 634 suites me the best. Not baggy at all, not too high or low rise, and still able to move freely without any restriction. 

I think we've become jaded when we can say that IH's signature 21oz denim is too boring. I had a pair of 634S that I sold because they were too big, and I really liked the denim. Granted, it's sanforized and probably singed, maybe calendared, mercerized, etc., and not slubby or very irregular, but still a great denim. 

Saying that, I can't say how the 21oz compares to some other brands signature denims, like FH or Samurai. When I look at pics of other brand's sig denim, they don't strike me as significantly more interesting than IH's 21oz. There certainly are more interesting denims out there. 

I'm more put off by the 634's lack of finer details, as compared to other IH models. Lack of: selvedge fly (both sides), lined rear pockets, sewn in belt loops, belt loops that aren't wide enough, waist band that isn't wide enough, pocket openings that are cut too high & tight. 

20150608_154759_zpsujwchy4v.jpg

IH%20634-XHS_x_IHSH-33_06-10-2015_2_zpso

Received my 634SR from rodeo bros today. I had them hem a bit off and I didn't realize they don't have a chainstitch machine but no big deal. To my surprise I found the rise higher than all measurements I've seen. These should fit almost exactly like my 634s after they're done drying. Strangely, the leg opening measurement is a bit smaller than the 634s.

Mpukas, you would love these. Tucked belt loops and selvedge on both sides of the fly.

I'll get some pics up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm a little bummed to say the least.

Bought the 301S a while back and have worn them for maybe a month of everyday wear. Ridden my bicycle probably 20 times in them and they have developed a hole already. Pretty disappointed really. Out of all my jeans, only the SE05BSP and GTDDO have developed "thinning" from riding (which is pretty much everyday while I was wearing them) and only had to get them reinforced after about 14 months of wear. These have barely lasted a month.

19137937020_94ca9103de_o.jpg