Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

I really like IH-555-01 but I think my thighs are to big :( Anyone here who have the 555 and big thighs? I wear Samurai 710xx size 32 but I think they are to big from knee down. I really want a skinnier fit for a change. Giles said that in best case the thigh will stretch 3/4 inches.

Edited by tigerstrom

i have a pair of tagged size 33 555-01's. my thighs aren't small by any means. i was kinda worried about the same thing initially but decided to take a shot and i'm happy with the results.

it's hard to compare them to 710xx's for me, because when i had my sams i was about 30 pounds heavier (weight lifting). they were a tagged size 34 and i felt like i was going to bust the ass/thighs out of them, which is why i ended up selling them. granted they were from the 10th run, so they ran kinda small to begin with..

let me know if you have any questions about the 555's. i realize the above doesn't really give you much to go on :P

i have a pair of tagged size 33 555-01's. my thighs aren't small by any means. i was kinda worried about the same thing initially but decided to take a shot and i'm happy with the results.

it's hard to compare them to 710xx's for me, because when i had my sams i was about 30 pounds heavier (weight lifting). they were a tagged size 34 and i felt like i was going to bust the ass/thighs out of them, which is why i ended up selling them. granted they were from the 10th run, so they ran kinda small to begin with..

let me know if you have any questions about the 555's. i realize the above doesn't really give you much to go on :P

Have any fit pics? Are the 555's like a tapered 666s?

Thank you! Did you go tts in the waist with the 555s?

Oxy, there's a few pics on the last couple pages of the denim WAYWT. if you want, i can take some later if you want some side/rear shots. they're not really like the 666. they're tighter all around, i think. i don't have my 666-xhs' anymore so i can't do a side-by-side comparison, but i feel like the top block in the 555's is slightly better fitted to my body shape, if that makes sense. although the measurements don't agree, it seemed to me like the rise on the 666's was really small..it felt like i had low-rise jeans on sometimes.

tiger, yeah i went tts. i have been wearing a 34 in iron heart's jeans since my first pair, but found that over the course of a few weeks, even after washing, they stretched back out to the point where i NEEDED a belt. so i decided to size down 1 on these. i was going for a slimmer look so it kinda killed two birds with one stone. i've been wearing them pretty regularly for about a month and they haven't really stretched much at all imo. or maybe i'm just getting fat, haha.

Edited by Rain Dogs

Speaking of prices, I read in the Wall Street Journal that the Yen is at a 7 year low against the US dollar. That's good if you earn dollars and buy IH items priced in Yen.

I checked Global Rakuten to see how that Yen weakness affects prices. For example,  IH-666-XHS are down to $284 at current exchange rates. 666S-L 19 oz are down to $208. 

I've never seen prices that low in years of watching...tempted to buy something I don't really need, just because it feels like bargain shopping.

Is there any drawbacks to ordering from rakuten when you're based in USA? Is shipping a lot, are there any added fees? Can you use paypal?

I've been thinking of getting IH 634... I am about a size 33 in Samurai S710, for a comfortable fit in IH 634 (non sanforized) should I go with 33?

Edited by youhadanidea

Is there any drawbacks to ordering from rakuten when you're based in USA? Is shipping a lot, are there any added fees? Can you use paypal?

I've been thinking of getting IH 634... I am about a size 33 in Samurai S710, for a comfortable fit in IH 634 (non sanforized) should I go with 33?

I haven't ever orderd, but I have looked into it. Yes, shipping can get pricy, yes it's more of a hassle to order from there. If you can order directly from the merchant imo it's worth it otherwise you need a proxy. Only time I have ever gotten something from Japan directly was for the samurai S500jxlr competition. 

I am unsure as to how much a proxy is although I know they aren't terrible expensive. In the end you still get it cheaper, but not by a ton unless you pay NY taxes (like me  :angry: )

Edited by laxlife1234

i've orderd from Rakuten numerous times and it's no hassle. it works a little different in that you have to wait for them to send you a shipping fee for you to approve but other than that it's easy.

if you want Iron Heart though you may find that they won't send overseas as i think they only have a license to sell domestically - IHUK hold the rest of world license (or something like that).

I haven't ever orderd, but I have looked into it. Yes, shipping can get pricy, yes it's more of a hassle to order from there. If you can order directly from the merchant imo it's worth it otherwise you need a proxy. Only time I have ever gotten something from Japan directly was for the samurai S500jxlr competition. 

I am unsure as to how much a proxy is although I know they aren't terrible expensive. In the end you still get it cheaper, but not by a ton unless you pay NY taxes (like me  :angry: )

Ordering from Self Edge online will cut out the taxes for you if you're in NYC.

i've orderd from Rakuten numerous times and it's no hassle. it works a little different in that you have to wait for them to send you a shipping fee for you to approve but other than that it's easy.

if you want Iron Heart though you may find that they won't send overseas as i think they only have a license to sell domestically - IHUK hold the rest of world license (or something like that).

just ordered 666's from Rakuten a few days ago, my first order.  went pretty easy, got a little nervous when the emails were in Japanese but a few minutes later the english came... tracking info and everything.  i couldn't not buy them, the exchange rate was a huge help.  

So you can't get rakuten iron heart goods shipped to USA?

31 in Samurai S710. 

What size do you think I should look at for IH-555-02...32? I have a really slim waist compared to my hips and thighs. 

Or maybe I should look at the IH-666S instead to gain a bit more room in the thighs.

Edited by An Oxymoron

The 555 has more room in the thighs as the 666 (at least the 555-03 that I own). I wear the same size in the 555-03 and 710 XX. The top block of the 555 is quite generous, but tapers a lot from the knee down.

Wearing my Deck jacket the first time today...need to replace the throat latch, it's too narrow.

DSC02511.jpg

DSC02514.jpg

DSC02530.jpg

Interesting...I thought the 666S-19L would be roomier. But now that I look at the measurements, the 555 do indeed have more room in the thighs.

I don't see the 555 anywhere on Rakuten though...bummer.