Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Used Dylon dye before on stained clothes like you did, trying to figure out a way to OD a pair of Levi's in a similar way to the IHSH-22od. But a way to do it at home!

I'm afraid if I use Dylon it'll be so well dyed it wont give an overdyed effect. Pigment dye is what has come up in research but doing it without a professional may be impossible.

Excuse me guys if this is a repetitive, annoying question - kiya had said the buster they have is the same one as IHUK, I'm seeing some serious differences in the size charts and the SE version is the flagship denim correct? Perhaps the in-store versions are the 18oz buster?

the new run of busters from IHUK has different sizing i have noticed, IH had the new and old measurements for the busters on the site.

I recently bought two pairs of trousers from IH - the green baker pants and the mercerized chino. Of course, I find them extremely well made and great quality for the price, especially for what you could get from department store brands here in Tokyo. I know that they are supposed to be worn while riding a bike and quite probably are produced with that in mind. However, just for reference, I wanted to say that they cut very sharply in the buttocks in the lower part of the back side. It is not a size problem, since I have tried several and I have extremely flat buttocks, almost worse than the Japanese's and you can see it as well from all the pictures with their models as well. Just saying. 

Sorry for not being clear enough. 

In my mind, they should have hug my buttocks something like this http://system100-4.site-one.net/httplink/www.dartisan.co.jp/upload/item/53/10_0.jpg

Unfortunately, the trousers sit like pictured here http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/rebirth/709/709-07.jpg

There are other similar pictures on their website and their two blogs that show the exact same drape. I came to believe that probably it has something to do with wearing those while riding a bike. 

It almost feel like, I presume, wearing a thong from time to time. 

Sorry for not being clear enough. 

In my mind, they should have hug my buttocks something like this http://system100-4.site-one.net/httplink/www.dartisan.co.jp/upload/item/53/10_0.jpg

Unfortunately, the trousers sit like pictured here http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/rebirth/709/709-07.jpg

There are other similar pictures on their website and their two blogs that show the exact same drape. I came to believe that probably it has something to do with wearing those while riding a bike. 

It almost feel like, I presume, wearing a thong from time to time. 

i'm not sure about the drape but the second picture definitely does have more of an "ass eats jeans" effect..idk i've nver worn these kind of IH pants sorry lol

i'm not sure about the drape but the second picture definitely does have more of an "ass eats jeans" effect..idk i've nver worn these kind of IH pants sorry lol

Yeah, I've seen that referred to as "hungry butt" jeans. The cut could just be wrong for your body shape, or you might get one size bigger (assuming the waist still fits). I don't think "hungry butt" is designed into the pants or has anything to do with riding motorcycles.

Edit: I don't know why I can't quote the original post correctly. I meant to reply to mikka...

Edited by sta991

@seul

Your denim evolution is already looking hardcore.

Go ahead and keep us updated on those beauties

Thanks for the explanation - sta991. 

Walking the streets of Tokyo, you could see far too many men wearing their chinos, trousers and denim in that "hungry-butt" fashion. For a decade or so, I thought it has too do with them just being stingy for not buying a new pair after they outgrew their current one, but after I buying some of the IH trousers, I thought quite probably this style has to have some stylish explanation.  

Well, I would not have noticed since I tried several sizes and went with that which is the most loose in the waist and have not tried to be hypsterish at all but a friend of mine asked me whether I have gained weight when he saw me with my chinos, the baker trousers are fine. But looking through the pictures of different Japanese denim brand, this "hungry butt" feature is quite persistent. UES, Dartisan, IH and etc. - quite few examples. While some people might find it OK, I personally am probably not ready to let my butt hug my feminine side. :)

Edited by mikkadehachikai

@Max

Is your M65 by IH or genuine US-Army one???

Hint: Always choose one-size down from your size when you buy M65......mine is XS (I normally wear S for jackets). Though you're looking good in it so don't worry!

Peace!

Edited by Naoto

I think the jacket looks nice!

I always want to try wearing that military green olive drab color but never can really convince myself that I can pull it off.

I was looking through some threads over on IHF for evolution shots of some overdyed type III jackets.

If anyone has their own I'd love to see them.

Thanks guys! It's the new run, the IHM-08. I got it at the Vater & Sohn store in Hamburg.

Flo

Don't worry mate. The jacket fits you perfectly!!!

And the jeans of course too

great fit on that; what's the weight like?  i kind of want something like this that is not super heavy but since it's IH i'm assuming it's at least somewhat heavy?

edit: oops accidentally neg repped meant to pos rep.. i wish those buttons weren't so close together!

Edited by ironheartfan123