Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

It's loomed on a projectile loom rather than the shuttle looms that inherently produce a selvedge loom.  It's a completely and totally different denim, with differences that significantly transcend what machine it was loomed on, and how the edges are finished.  To call it an economy denim, or insinuate it's of lower quality is incorrect, and ignores Iron Heart's DNA as a purpose built motorcycle jeans brand.  The projectile loomed, non selvedge 21oz denim is very very stiff, super tightly woven.  I'd list it's chief advantage over the 21oz selvedge as being significantly more wind resistant, which makes it a great fabric for Rider's jackets.  It does fade with more defined lines than the 21oz selvedge, but in my opinion it lacks some of the depth and color gradient that eventually develops with the selvedge denim. 

For anyone who hasn't handled the 21oz selvedge from Iron Heart, it's a surprisingly soft, breathable, and forgiving fabric that is unlike anything else clocking in around the 21oz range.  It is the reason that so many people who've never had any attraction to heavyweight denim end up buying 634s...it's a great cut with very comfortable, wearable, and impressive feeling denim.

Giving people knowledge! Every time I see you guys talk about the 21oz denim it makes my heart sing, since I picked up this pair as my venture into heavyweight.

Cross post from WAYW.

Added two pictures. The second one is just a cropped one of the first one.

IMG_0294_0293_mod_rs-picsay_1.jpg

IMG_0294_0293_mod_cut_rs.jpg
IMG_0291_0292_mod_rs-picsay_1.jpg

IH-666S 247 days 4 soaks including the initial one. Going to soak it today again.

Edited by nizzel55

Thinking about picking up a pair of SEXIH22 - 301S but I'm not sure about my size. Anyone have any measurements for a size 34 or 36? Pre soak, post soak, after a few weeks/months wear, any and all would help. 

Thinking about picking up a pair of SEXIH22 - 301S but I'm not sure about my size. Anyone have any measurements for a size 34 or 36? Pre soak, post soak, after a few weeks/months wear, any and all would help. 

I don't have the 301S but I do have the 633. They don't shrink QUITE as much as the Self Edge disclaimer states. Take it for what you want but the measurements + disclaimer will get you pretty close to post-soak measurements. I also found mine took two soaks to get all the shrinkage out.

Damn, I just bought this impulsively upon my arrival at SELA. They are absolutely fantastic and the new arcs are a welcome change. I love the fit, this denim and everything about them. Even when trying them on at the shop they were already easily buttoned and extremely comfortable. Just as ruben said this is the cut I was looking for! Roomy top block with a tapered leg!

DixCln.jpg

jVxuTz.jpg

IMG_20140825_220905.jpg

Edited by whorichard?

I haven't worn Iron Heart for almost 6 years (since I let got of my SExIH03's) but that's all changing the minute I get my new 633s back from hemming!  The cut is close to perfect for me, and with Portland fall on it's way, I couldn't be more excited to really commit to everyday wear with the 21oz selvedge.  They'll be worn hard, and washed often!

got a pair of 634s for my birthday coming up but i cant open them untill the 15th :sad:

a tip, if you want somone to buy you expensive jeans for your birthday, describe them as extra thick motorcycle jeans. my mom and girlfriend think im crazy for getting a $200 pair of jeans when im trying to convince them it was a damn good deal and that most of the time people pay $400+ for them. who would have thought that compared to all the women in my life i would be the one buying expensive ass jeans and boots :blink2:

I haven't worn Iron Heart for almost 6 years (since I let got of my SExIH03's) but that's all changing the minute I get my new 633s back from hemming!  The cut is close to perfect for me, and with Portland fall on it's way, I couldn't be more excited to really commit to everyday wear with the 21oz selvedge.  They'll be worn hard, and washed often!

Post up some pics when you can.