Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

How long have you had it? Is it the first wash? Where's the hole? I'm fairly sure IHUK would like to hear about it.

Yeah first wash, got it back hmmm round second week of August. Hole is about an inch up from the waist band on the right side.

You should have taken it down to the river rubbed it vigoroursly on your washboard then beat the water out of it on some jagged  rocks before dragging it home tied to the back of your car... it would have been fine.

Iron Heart does not do delicate, you should know that by now.

Ahhhh, so made for tough wear/washing, tears apart under delicate usage/washing. Noted.

I've got a few of them myself - I throw them in the wash with everything else and dry on medium heat and I've had no issues. If anything I'd say it's probably an isolated issue and they'll probably make it right if you address it with the powers that be.

Not the best picture, from phone didn't feel like hooking camera up and going through all of that. But you get a good idea of the hole. Not the biggest but I don't think the size really matters. I was just really surprised, because as Max said, they feel indestructible. Have another 7oz shirt, made 55% hemp that's done better than this.

m5aNhhY.jpg

Edited by bradl

Hello!

I have been looking at the Iron heart products for quite some time now.
I have fallen in love with both the 666 and 634.
It was hard to decide between the two but I have come to the conclusion that I will get the 666S model. I can always buy the 634 model later on.

But I got one problem.
Sizing.

I currently use a pair of Edwin ED49 rainbow selvage in size 32. They fit me great directly after I washed them but after a few wears they stretch quite a bit.
I have heard that Edwin varies in waist size quite a bit and got vanity sizes. Got a pair of Nashvilles size 32 (31 would probably fit me better) as well and they are bigger then my ED-49.

I use a Tanner goods standard belt size 34 in the middle hole.

Anyone here who has any personal experience with the Tanner goods standard belt or the Edwin ED-49 or Nashvilles that could help me out so I get the "right" size for my 666S order.

BR / N

I know about the page:

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2835.0

But I am still unsure.

Leaning towards a size 33.?

Spend the $3 to get a fabric tape measure and measure your Edwins the Iron Heart way. Compare those measurements to the sizing table.

And you should always wash your jeans before sending them for repair - most places require it.

Can't wash them atm. They are in need of some repairs that has to be fixed before I put them in the washer.

Not many places want to deal with dirty jeans when they're repairing them.

Edited by bradl

The jeans are not particularly dirty. They just have some holes that needs to be taken care of.

I can mend them myself. Just need to grab my sewing machine down from the attic.

But I am lazy, so I guess I'll just order a pair and cross my fingers it is the right size.

Edited by nizzel55

bradl- I have mentioned this before in the Loop thread....I am a destroyer of t-shirts!!! because of my vast experience in this field i think i know what has caused the hole. Looking at the photo i would hazard a guess that the hole is at the front of the tee 3-4" up from the hem. I have these holes in all my t-shirts they are caused by the material trapping between your belt buckle or top button and something that you are carrying or leaning against, this breaks the fibers in the material then it goes in the wash which washes the broken fibers away leaving a hole behind.
Thickness, quality, loopwheel is irrelevant i even get it with thermals. here are some examples of my handy work.

9937460133_e88c1984fa_c.jpg

9937142696_4975f7b7a9_c.jpg

All the holes are isolated to this region.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Yeah, exact spot. But only thing is, that the IHPT is a quite boxy fit, so that part sits above my waist, so belt or button couldn't be the culprit. Plus I wore the shirt quite sparingly in the month that I had it, and there was no signs of abrasion before the wash. Just right when I pulled it out, I noticed there was this tiny hole.

Yeah, exact spot. But only thing is, that the IHPT is a quite boxy fit, so that part sits above my waist, so belt or button couldn't be the culprit.

Belt buckle trap will be the culprit, i bet my bottom dollar. It used to drive me crazy why it happened. All the above holes are above the point where my waist sits also. If i wear shorts for work in the summer this will never happened. I go through 20+ T-shirts per month. Thank goodness my friend owns a screen printing company and keeps me in the manner to which i have become accustomed.

I posted this over at the Iron Heart Forum awhile ago, but that hasn't turned up anything, and I know it's a long shot, but I'm definitely feeling the hole that this loss has created in my wardrobe, and before finding something else to replace it, I wanted to give it one more go:

I lost my size large Dark Rider Flannel a month or so ago, and if anyone has one they'd consider selling, trading, or even just has a lead on someone who might be selling one, I'd be incredibly appreciative if they'd get in touch.  I wore the hell out of that shirt and it was just getting good.  Thanks in advance for any help anyone can be.

How did you manage to loose it? was alcohol involved.

Only in the form of a hangover...I hastily left my house in the morning, lightly packed for a camping trip, and I had the flannel slung over the top of my field bag...it must have slid off on the way to the car.  By the time I realized it was missing it had disappeared from my neighbors yard wear I dropped it.  It was a pretty stupid way to lose it, but I'm sure if given enough time, I could have conjured up an even stupider way to do it, directly involving alcohol.

Looks good....I wish I could get the image of a bunch of ghetto kids wearing check flannels like that out of my head. 

ben- instead of criticising ghetto kids who obviously dont have the support network in place that you do while spending all your money on Mister Freedom garments why dont you decide to save that money and it might afford you the pleasure of moving out of your parents house. Its about time at your age and it will help you appreciate what its like for folks who might not be as well off as yourself.

What's with the hate? It's not that they can't afford it (then again I don't know) but more so that they wear their shirts a few sizes bigger than they should and have a penchant for check flannels. As a result I can't help but feel grouped in that scene if I buy a shirt that even to my trained eye looks like everything else. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, I do spend my money on mister freedom but that's a result of being lucky with my sales lately. Also, I'm 18 and moved in to college last week, so I'm not sure if "moving out of my parents house" still applies.

I should possibly retract the "move out of your parents house" suggestion, I thought that you was a lot older than 18.

I don't hate you at all ben,  I just felt that term "ghetto kids"  was rather condescending and derogatory from an adult who is spending a lot of money on MF while living at their parents expense.

I posted this over at the Iron Heart Forum awhile ago, but that hasn't turned up anything, and I know it's a long shot, but I'm definitely feeling the hole that this loss has created in my wardrobe, and before finding something else to replace it, I wanted to give it one more go:

I lost my size large Dark Rider Flannel a month or so ago, and if anyone has one they'd consider selling, trading, or even just has a lead on someone who might be selling one, I'd be incredibly appreciative if they'd get in touch.  I wore the hell out of that shirt and it was just getting good.  Thanks in advance for any help anyone can be.

That really sucks.  I wish I had a lead for you.  I've lost more items that I'd care to admit, most of them in the same fashion.  Good luck!

I go through 20+ T-shirts per month. Thank goodness my friend owns a screen printing company and keeps me in the manner to which i have become accustomed.

I know what you mean Double-0, they gotta be crisp and fresh outta the box every time. Hip-hop is a way of life brother.