Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Man I've really been wanting to get into some heavy weight denim and am so torn between Iron Heart and The Flat Head!! Such a tough decision!! haha

If by heavyweight you mean 20 oz and above, IH is your choice. Besides the 20 oz denim of e.g. the 2015, FH doesn't do denim, that qualifies as heavy here. but if you come from normal jeans, the 14,5 or 16 oz will already feel pretty heavy.

Hello guys, newbee here!

Got a question for those in the know. Last April I was in Hong Kong and visited

The Take 5 store in Grainville Road. Great store!! I purchased some Iron Hearts -

Take 5 jeans, the model # are IHT512 it says 18.8 oz (I will try to post some pics)

Just wanted to know to what model of the IH are this similar to this one, and also

some info on the denim.

Hope this is the right thread to ask this questions.

If by heavyweight you mean 20 oz and above, IH is your choice. Besides the 20 oz denim of e.g. the 2015, FH doesn't do denim, that qualifies as heavy here. but if you come from normal jeans, the 14,5 or 16 oz will already feel pretty heavy.

Yea I was referring to over 20oz denim. Just have to sell my Elephant 2s that are too big so I can put that money towards a pair of denim that fits me! haha

• 2 weeks later...

IM NEW HERE PEEEPS :) i got a new IHXB01XRAW 18oz w33 and i hot soaked it , but it is still loose that i can fit one hand in . what do you guys think i should do ? should i sell it and get a new pair or is there anything else i can do with it?

Did you only soak one time? I dont really have any experience with Ironheart (the one pair I do own is sanforized) but its quite common with other brands that you get more shrink from the second soak than from the first. Maybe try a second soak, using the hottest water possible from the tap, and hang dry.