Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Their clothes fit westerners better than others, they make their own and unique fabrics, their clothes age very well, they have a wide range of fits, fabrics, rtc to choose from with new stuff always on the horizon, they are more transparent and take more input from customers than other brands, the list goes on why theyre an awesome brand...im an ih fan but I started on wh and have stuff from all the different brands.. go ih!

My honest opinion on a couple of items which I think the best version out there is made by Iron Heart.

- Winter flannels - Their winter flannels fit far better than the narrow bodied Flat Head version imo, which makes them more versatile.

- Denim Western Shirts - For a western they are cut reasonably wide, the 12oz denim is a perfect weight, and they certainly do have character. Check out Max Powers IHSH-27, and I am particularly happy with my 33 also.

I also give an honourable mention to their interpretation of the N-1 deck jacket, I owned the BRxWG version, and I have tried the MFR version, and I find the Iron Heart version to be far more comfortable and easy to wear and use on a daily basis. The other two jackets I could not have worn on a daily basis as they were simply too uncomfortable.

Edited by Megatron1505

The best shirt I've ever seen is still the IHSH-16 in khaki... I'm stoked to have it in my wardrobe again and am expecting a baby brother in indigo next week... After having sold the 13, I was still looking for an indigo chambray, so this is exellent news...

247230652f6f08a31024_zps91912df5.jpg

I have never owned a western shirt and i never will, The cut and the pearl snap buttons make me cringe, nothing against IH just the style in general, Gnome had a nice fitting IH shirt a while ago with red run off, cant remember which shirt it was but it looked damn good on him.

Edit- I think i was damaged by the line dancing craze that was apparent during my formative years.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

haha, i'm glad i don't know what you're talking about, the pearl color looks good with the shirt when it fades, at least on the 13, the true denim shirts i haven't handled, the cut on the 13 is kind of more like a work shirt which makes it somewhat unique

Edited by ironheartfan123

I also give an honourable mention to their interpretation of the N-1 deck jacket, I owned the BRxWG version, and I have tried the MFR version, and I find the Iron Heart version to be far more comfortable and easy to wear and use on a daily basis. The other two jackets I could not have worn on a daily basis as they were simply too uncomfortable.

Mega - that BR x WG deck jacket was way too big for you if I recall rightly. That is probably why you couldn't wear it. At least be balanced in your comparison.

I found it cumbersome and unwieldily, despite the size. Having a jacket one size too big does not alter the fact that I thought it was an impractical garment for comfortable wear.

By the by, the first IH deck jacket I ordered was also a size too big, I had it changed, therefore my opinion maintains perfect balance  ;)

Edit: As a further aside, I have also tried the correct size for me, owned by my friend Jon. Opinion remained the same.

Edited by Megatron1505

That's because you weren't in possession of all the facts, weirdly I didn't feel the need to come to SuFu and write ...

"Hey guys, the first Iron Heart deck jacket I bought was too big but luckily they let me swap it, oh and by the way do you remember that Buzz deck I has which was too big? I was at my mate Jons in March and I tried his, it fit me better but I still didn't like it. That crinkly lining really makes it a bit stiff and uncomfortable for me as I walk most places and wear my deck jacket daily in the winter months, mainly carrying a heavy backpack."

I found the story a little boring and pointless, but thanks for giving me the opportunity to share regardless.

That's because you weren't in possession of all the facts, weirdly I didn't feel the need to come to SuFu and write ...

"Hey guys, the first Iron Heart deck jacket I bought was too big but luckily they let me swap it, oh and by the way do you remember that Buzz deck I has which was too big? I was at my mate Jons in March and I tried his, it fit me better but I still didn't like it. That crinkly lining really makes it a bit stiff and uncomfortable for me as I walk most places and wear my deck jacket daily in the winter months, mainly carrying a heavy backpack."

I found the story a little boring and pointless, but thanks for giving me the opportunity to share regardless.

whos this guy bad mouthing IH? clusterfuck ill pulverize his face on this forum!

Who do these iron heart clowns think they are?!

It is a wonder that this sort of cyber-bullying like behavior is allowed to go on in a forum like this.

The second you disagree with them about how great iron heart is the second you become their public enemy number 1!

I guess it's hardly a surprise given their personal business interest in the brand if you think about it...

Seriously it's hypocrites like these that drive people away from SuFu and ultimately the brand.

It is a miracle that consumers are willing to pay for the ridiculous and outrageous retail prices for iron heart products outside of Japan.

No commercial interest in IH from me, just a guy delivering his (now excruciatingly long) opinion on a jacket.

Wasn't Optimus Prime also a "Big Truck"?  ;)

;) 

Optimus- I have been playing devils advocate for the last few pages and dont feel in the slightest way "bullied" by any of the comments.

mega- If you want a deck jacket get a WWII vintage or if you don't successfully source one after 12 months the RMC is the very best option and in terms of construction transcends the original.

Anyone taking any of this serious to the point where they get worked up over anything said on the internetz, needs to step away, have a drink, a wank, another drink, and probably some sleep.

PS: IRON HEART RULES!.. WE'RE NUMBER 1!..

It's funny how the stubborn crew get all worked up whenever someone criticises iron heart and yet when someone shows them a bit of reaction, they start acting cool and wanting to drink...
Why don't they just chill and relax when the things people say about iron heart are not all positive?
Why is iron heart always the best and above all else?
It's like as if they have to act this way so that they can justify the money they are spending on all the overpriced quality items.
Iron heart makes some great products but its fans are some of the biggest hypocrites.

The fact this is the Iron Heart thread has a lot to do with it, People who appreciate IH come here to fawn over it and when someone comes here to criticise it is unwelcome but you will find that in most threads im not an IH fan but they are good at what they do its just not my cup of tea.  If you head over to the N&F thread and start a constructive debate about the negative aspects of the brand i think you will find you will get a less than favourable reaction over there too.

All in all apart from the odd throwaway comment i think this discussion has been handled with dignity.