Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

I wore them for a month as part of a world tour, I was prepared to hate the whitey jeans but they actually surprised me. I still think they're a bit daft, but far nicer in person than the pictures do them justice.

mega- i completely agree if it is used by bikers but i made the point a few pages back the majority of IH customers are not bikers they just want to dress in that costume.

alexx- i think you mean "a product can never be too good" but of course it can like the good folk of Cheshire who pick there kids up from school in the Range Rover.

Or the countless none soccer players wearing their teams shirt? Or the none naval officers wearing their N-1's? Or the none cowboys in their Wranglers? Or the none firemen in their smoke jumpers? 

You get the point, costume is a generic point in clothing....nothing to do with Iron Heart. Do all the people in replica football kits really need to wear "climacool" fabric?

Im trying to respond to too many folks at once here... Give me a minuite.

Alex- as someone who knows a thing or two about product development if you over engineer a product then you either reduce your margins or have to pass the cost on to your customer obviously in IH case its the customer. My point is why would a customer who does not use said shirt for actual work pay for it to last 250 years unless its part of there "work costume"

mega- if we agree that although subtle IH is still a costume for the majority then i will agree with you.

ben- Sorry my opinions still stand on the white denim.

mega- i completely agree if it is used by bikers but i made the point a few pages back the majority of IH customers are not bikers they just want to dress in that costume.

alexx- i think you mean "a product can never be too good" but of course it can like the good folk of Cheshire who pick there kids up from school in the Range Rover.

if u ride a bike and have a crash....IH stuff is not very helpful for u!

if u want real/best protection u must wear full leather

i ride a bike for many years and i know from what i talk!

what i mean u can wear IH although not to be a biker.... this is bullshit

Edited by alexx1976

I saw a documentary a few years back where Grayson Perry was examining the role of costume in everyday life. and the bikers who feel the need to match the colour of there leathers to there bike was his closing point.

Edit- You can wear what you like alex I was replying to megas comment "I find much of what attracts huge amount of plus rep around these parts to be silly and mere costume"

Edited by Double 0 Soul

generally speaking / may I quote cheep / if you buy something that is expensive and quality / you should wear the crap out of it and get your money's worth... I believe the "costume" verses "authentic work wear" discussion  has nothing to do with one's profession but rather with how someone actually uses or abuses these garments.

the conflict is that most items are never actually being worn to their full limits due to people treating them with too much respect

having said that / I seriously don't care ... :ph34r:

Great point on the respect comment people do think that "i have paid too much for this garment to ruin it"

further.. ben and mega aside you would not dress as an ice cream seller if you did not sell icecream ;)

and the people who wearing jeans are dont work at miners....hahaha

Edited by alexx1976

Good point Beatle, also some people don't wear their clothes out because they buy far too much, encouraged by forums like these and the resultant peer pressure to have the new release or variations in cut, style, brand, weight, etc rather than focussing on a few items. There is often too much emphasis on accumulation.

Good point Beatle, also some people don't wear their clothes out because they buy far too much, encouraged by forums like these and the resultant peer pressure to have the new release or variations in cut, style, brand, weight, etc rather than focussing on a few items. There is often too much emphasis on accumulation.

that s right... i have over 20 shirts...most IH (flannel and denim) i can t wear all hard as fuck....but i love this stuff and i collect them a bit.-)

Edited by alexx1976

Damn straight Double 0 Soul... And I feel bad for people who buy IH because they think it's fashionable... I wear the same stuff everywhere... At home, at work, at the pub, even at weddings... Boots, jeans, shirt... I have no manners but zero fucks are given ;)

Eddie- As an individual who actually has the biker steeze that IH calls its brand ethos you do indeed deserve the support, Good luck with it buddy.

alex- I dont think anyone here is an "IH Hater" this debate makes a refreshing change from the usual banal questions.

sufu is full of haters....not everyone but much idiots and haters here

Edited by alexx1976