Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Don't hem. I like it, let the haters hate. Stacks will settle over time.. I think your fit is really good, annoying how a lot of people on here don't like stacks if they are just a tad bit sloppy. Screw them, they aren't wearing them :D

The way I see it - shorter hem = much cleaner look - easier transition to dress up your jeans if you need to. Stacks = more street - can look cleaner when they settle but will never look as clean as shorter hem. Theres a time and place for both really, but I'd say shorter hem is more versatile.

The way I see it - shorter hem = much cleaner look - easier transition to dress up your jeans if you need to. Stacks = more street - can look cleaner when they settle but will never look as clean as shorter hem. Theres a time and place for both really, but I'd say shorter hem is more versatile.

I agree with this. I love the stacks on my jeans, but admittedly they are casual. They scream, "hey i'm laid back, yes my jeans are too long, so what?" It's just not very "fitted." I say get jeans with the stacks and just cuff your jeans when you go somewhere a little more formal. The cuffs can give off quite a clean look if you do it properly.

would you guys call me crazy if i was contemplating on running an ultramarathon (31miles/50k) in my sexih07bks? =X

since apparently this was a dumb question and someone wanted to neg me about it.. ill go ahead and clarify

Only reason I'm even considering it is because this is my last ultra-marathon for awhile and I'll be packing beer and drinking every 3 miles.. so time is not a issue.. just trying to have some fun.

I also got a group of friends that decided to join in on the fun.. and they're all tagging along with beer too..

Oh and I should probably mention I'll be running in these... so dressing up with the proper "run" attire is already way out of the question.

full.jpg?1293823748

God - ur toes will be blistered up - at least the space in between..

But - maybe u´ve done this before - so good luck..

After having completed several Marathons myself I can only attest to one thing - perfect worn in running shoes are the key

God - ur toes will be blistered up - at least the space in between..

But - maybe u´ve done this before - so good luck..

After having completed several Marathons myself I can only attest to one thing - perfect worn in running shoes are the key

lol yes and no.

ive ran a bunch of marathons and triathlons in the past 2 years.. summed up to 9 races total.. but never have i ran any like this..

i guess honestly im just trying to make this last race hard/special/memorable or however you want to put it..

so far these are on my for sure to do list:

-backpack with a bunch of beer + ice + food + camelbak bladder with nuun and water + a camera to record the memorable moments

-those crazy flipflops i posted above

-jumping in the water somewhere towards the end to "cool off".. then roll around in the sand, and then proceed to complete the race (this is the only race in america thats entirely along a beach on sand. :cool:)

the wearing denim part is still iffy to me.. and i definitely can see why you guys are like WTF?! about it. I guess in the end I'll just have to go on a long 10-15 miler practice run with them on and see how they feel...

but just in case i lose my mind and do wear my sexih07bks.. you guys better believe ill have a bunch of photos + videos for you guys :D

forevernegged.png

Sleeping in them isn't a bad idea right? I made my very first post on sufu commenting on grundletaint's beatle busters because mine are still TIGHT as hell on my thighs and I got negged to -1000. I'm still sleeping in them like 3-4 nights a week because I need both the waist to be bigger as well as the thighs. Both of which are not cooperating :( It's been two weeks of full wear and I still can't get them to sit under my waist, they rise too high for me.

obligatory pic:

IMG_0022.jpg

@sauro

I don't think sleeping in new (tight) jeans is a bad thing. I've done it, and plenty of others here have too.

tobiasrevealsnevernude.jpg

The fit on those doesn't look terrible, maybe just riding a bit high like you mentioned. The thighs will fall and seem looser when the waist stretches. The stretching properties of that denim are well documented around here, but I think the short story is that the upper range is around 2 inches, maybe a little over on the larger sizes.

Sauro,

those look good on you...

personally i am a fan of a fitted slim look in jeans.

so they don't look too tight...

they might be very stiff and uncomfortable, especially if you are not used to wearing a jean like that.

it can really knock you out.

just wear them, and wear them.. and wear them, honestly, try to do something in them...

i am all for obsessive excessive,

but don't sleep in them.. that is just uncomfortable in my option,

it would be like sleeping in boots..

take the day to put use in them, and take the night to rest from them..

i had a hell of a time with my first pair of IH 301s OD, i sized down 1 from my TTS.

they were skin tight and gave me bruises on my hips for the first 2-3 weeks of wear, no joke....

i almost wanted to give up on them.

then a month or two in, they started to give in..

they are perfect now, even with a first wash, they were tight again for a hour or so, but stretched right back into a perfect fit that i had fought for...

Hello everyone this is kind of a repost from the small question thread from a few weeks back because I didn’t really a definitive answer so… I'm relatively new to denim... I only own a pair of nudies and they are so thin at the knees that they have begun to rip savagely, there for...after much consideration I plan to grab a pair of Iron Hearts and owe this all to all the amazing post from the Iron Heart wearers on this thread. Now I’m completely sold on heavy weight unsanforized japanese denim! GO HEAVY OR GO HOME! haha:D and now I also share the same passion that many of you have for the beauty of the natural patina that high quality denim and leather goods develop after years of love have been put into them. The idea of these products outlasting me is mind blowing! And the fact that these items are truly a product all our own is simply amazing to me! But I digress...

I am specifically grabbing a pair of IH666s's on Feb 10th when they finally get them in at SESF but I am still confused about what size I should get.

My true waist is 29" and I am looking something that is flattering all the way down, that is relatively tight, but not plastered on. I am willing to size down and fight through a few weeks (possibly months?) of uncomfort for them to stretch for a perfect fit. I’m confused because I want to know when trying them on in store should compensate for the hot soak and grab a size that is a little bigger or just grab a size that looks good then and there?

Also is there consensus for the initial hot soak?

Would most recommend letting them dry on you, hang dry, or something else...?

Also for how long and how hot? I’ve seen from as hot as the faucet allows to boiling...

Thank you any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

it took my busters a bit longer than 2 weeks to get good and loose. it really just depends on what you do in them. sleeping isn't gonna stretch them out much and neither is just walking around, which will take much longer than more active things like riding a bike (which i did over the weekend and it really helped even more). i took mine for a hike within the first few days.

basically....do more shit.

profit.

lol yes and no.

ive ran a bunch of marathons and triathlons in the past 2 years.. summed up to 9 races total.. but never have i ran any like this..

i guess honestly im just trying to make this last race hard/special/memorable or however you want to put it..

so far these are on my for sure to do list:

-backpack with a bunch of beer + ice + food + camelbak bladder with nuun and water + a camera to record the memorable moments

-those crazy flipflops i posted above

-jumping in the water somewhere towards the end to "cool off".. then roll around in the sand, and then proceed to complete the race (this is the only race in america thats entirely along a beach on sand. :cool:)

the wearing denim part is still iffy to me.. and i definitely can see why you guys are like WTF?! about it. I guess in the end I'll just have to go on a long 10-15 miler practice run with them on and see how they feel...

but just in case i lose my mind and do wear my sexih07bks.. you guys better believe ill have a bunch of photos + videos for you guys :D

Surfside Beach? Should be a good time. Not sold on the idea of either the jeans or the sandals in a 50K, though. Sand is gonna thrash your feet.

Isn't there a marathon thread or something for this conversation??? IH thread keeps derailing...

FYI, DICK TIGHT IH's ARE WHACK!!!

Lando hates Cockfadezzzzz

Hello everyone this is kind of a repost from the small question thread from a few weeks back because I didn’t really a definitive answer so… I'm relatively new to denim... I only own a pair of nudies and they are so thin at the knees that they have begun to rip savagely, there for...after much consideration I plan to grab a pair of Iron Hearts and owe this all to all the amazing post from the Iron Heart wearers on this thread. Now I’m completely sold on heavy weight unsanforized japanese denim! GO HEAVY OR GO HOME! haha:D and now I also share the same passion that many of you have for the beauty of the natural patina that high quality denim and leather goods develop after years of love have been put into them. The idea of these products outlasting me is mind blowing! And the fact that these items are truly a product all our own is simply amazing to me! But I digress...

I am specifically grabbing a pair of IH666s's on Feb 10th when they finally get them in at SESF but I am still confused about what size I should get.

My true waist is 29" and I am looking something that is flattering all the way down, that is relatively tight, but not plastered on. I am willing to size down and fight through a few weeks (possibly months?) of uncomfort for them to stretch for a perfect fit. I’m confused because I want to know when trying them on in store should compensate for the hot soak and grab a size that is a little bigger or just grab a size that looks good then and there?

Also is there consensus for the initial hot soak?

Would most recommend letting them dry on you, hang dry, or something else...?

Also for how long and how hot? I’ve seen from as hot as the faucet allows to boiling...

Thank you any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

what is your nudie size? if your true waist is 29, then go tts for a little more relaxed fit or go down one for a slimmer fit. if you can head in to a SE and try them on it would be your best bet to the perfect fit.refer to this sizing guide and you shouldnt go wrong. but keep in mind IH stretches like a mad man.

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=135

Given that we are talking about two new cuts, and in the case of the 666 a brand new denim too, sizing is totally hard. This isn't like 634 sizing questions, where there is a wealth of background to read up on.

My 2cents @ ZigZag: don't size down on the 666. I'm not aware of anyone who has done that. Some fits out there are TTS, but most seem to be up one or more.

Sounds good TTS it is all the advice is greatly appreciated! As i said earlier i am not looking for that plastered on look just a slim fit that is flattering all the way down. Also I agree dick tight jeans are whack, and but the same is true for the contrary....as with all extremes. Actually nvm parachute pants are dope.McHammer.gif