Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

about a week into the busters... they're loosening up nicely (finally). the waist is the most stubborn part. now i need to just decide

to cuff

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

or not to cuff

IMG_1307.jpg

the dilemma is that when the effort is put in, the stacks look good but after a while of walking around, etc. the broken ankle look kicks in and makes it look weird. i'm not sure if i should just stack them and wait for them to soften up enough to fall right or just roll with a cuff.

out of the box fit pic here: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2556443&postcount=4852

sry for a shitloads of pics in advance, but this pair has just way too much to show...loce it!

IH666Sod tagged 38/36

measurements (unworn!):

waist: 35.00

fr/rise: 10.90

b/rise: 14.50

thigh: 12.50

knee: 9.00

hem: 8.30

inseam: 36.00

pics: (full front-/backshots)

bild361.jpg

bild360.jpg

detail: (leather patch, w, inner tag)

bild317.jpg

bild341o.jpg

bild333.jpg

hardware: (buttons, coinpocket rivet)

bild320f.jpg

bild330.jpg

bild332.jpg

bild323.jpg

to cont. ...

^well i had to look out more for fitting thigh-measurements then for the waist ones!

i've first purchased the BeatleBusters in a tagged 34 but they was way too small (just could do the first button!) and so i've figured that my perfect BB size would be a 36.

So i've talked to beatle and Giles and according to beatle you have to size up one compared to your tagged buster size, so i went with the 38/36 and they fit just as any of all of my tagged 34 pairs (samurai,warehouse,lvc,nudie)...

fitpic :)

bild376.jpg

Some additional measurements.

Size 36 - 7301's worn about twenty times (no washes). Original waist measurement was 36.5 now measures 38.2

Size 36 - SEXIH07BK - worn a few days a week for a few months (no washes yet). Original waist measurement was 36 now measures 37.2.

Size 36 - 301's - worn 3 to 4 days a week for over a year (one wash). Original waist measurement was 36.5 now measures 38.0.

Size 36 - 9301's - worn about two days a week for a year (one wash). Original waist measurement was 36.5 now measures 38.0

I love all these jeans.

Some additional measurements.

Size 36 - 7301's worn about twenty times (no washes). Original waist measurement was 36.5 now measures 38.2

Size 36 - SEXIH07BK - worn a few days a week for a few months (no washes yet). Original waist measurement was 36 now measures 37.2.

Size 36 - 301's - worn 3 to 4 days a week for over a year (one wash). Original waist measurement was 36.5 now measures 38.0.

Size 36 - 9301's - worn about two days a week for a year (one wash). Original waist measurement was 36.5 now measures 38.0

I love all these jeans.

wow thas a lot of stretching. I just got a pair of slightly worn size 36 301s and they fit fine after a wash...but ur measurements make me wonder whether I should have gone for a size 34 (and let it stretch) since my true waist is slightly over 36". Did u wear a belt with any of these?

This was posted by Giles over at the IH Forum and was printed on a card I received with my annies...

The following is Haraki’s advice on how to treat your Ih-634SR before you wear them:

"This denim is not processed. It will shrink and skew. I have made this pattern "shrink to fit", after washing or soaking a couple of times it will shrink to tag-size

When you get your jeans, soak them in a bath tub of cold water overnight. Turn them inside out and then wash them in a washing machine at no hotter than 30 degrees C, you do not need washing powder or detergent

Don't spin too fast and don't put them in a tumble dryer, it is far better to allow them to air dry (still inside-out) in the sun, try to smooth all wrinkles in the fabric before the jeans get too dry

After the initial soak, the leg will shrink about 2", after the wash, there will be further shrinkage of about 1". So in total you will get about 3" shrinkage. Please bear this in mind if you are hemming before washing”

On subsequent washes, always wash inside out and do not spin too fast or tumble dry.

Just received my IHSH-17 - thinking i should give it a good warm soak to soften it up.... any reason i shouldnt?

it wont really soften up with a soak alone, it would probably be best to do the soak and very low tumble dry. i wore my 17 for about 7 months before washing it and hang drying and the shrinkage was pretty small. it wasnt really any softer than when i first received it but then again i did not dry in a dryer.