Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

t.wayne,

it is not too much pictures.

but can you try to take some pictures outside with the sunlight?

yours 07 "merite" it! really! :)

yeah, i'm going to give them a wash this weekend sometime, so i'll take some pre and post wash pictures in the sun.

Silly question, are the holes due to not washing them and sweat build-up ? I want my IH jeans to last longer than 9 months, I picked them thinking they would last for double that before getting holes....

i've been told / read about three things that could possibly have contributed to the holes:

1. not washing often, leading to sweat/oil buildup that lends itself to increased wear

2. the fit may be just a tad bit tight in the crotch region, and the denim fibers could be stretched out making them more vulnerable to increased wear.

3. i ride my bike a lot.

i have no idea how much any of those are actually true. personally, i love the fit. i kinda think the biking may be mostly to blame. if selfedge / IH ever were to release another "bike-jean", i would be the first to order.

can anyone provide some clarity on the increased wear? not complaining at all, i will still get at least 2 good years out of these. i just have to make an occasional trip to the tailor. well worth it.

i've been told / read about three things that could possibly have contributed to the holes:

1. not washing often, leading to sweat/oil buildup that lends itself to increased wear

2. the fit may be just a tad bit tight in the crotch region, and the denim fibers could be stretched out making them more vulnerable to increased wear.

3. i ride my bike a lot.

i have no idea how much any of those are actually true. personally, i love the fit. i kinda think the biking may be mostly to blame. if selfedge / IH ever were to release another "bike-jean", i would be the first to order.

can anyone provide some clarity on the increased wear? not complaining at all, i will still get at least 2 good years out of these. i just have to make an occasional trip to the tailor. well worth it.

yeah, that's the crotch blow out holy trinity right there. The deteriorating effect of sweat, the high stress pulling from a tight fit, and the abrasion from pedaling both while riding in and out of the saddle are contributing collaboratively to the destruction of your crotch. Washing relatively frequently helps, but if you ride a lot a alot, most jeans are going to need patching eventually. Try to patch early and sturdily before it becomes a massive blowout.

i think it depends. do you wear a belt? the waist will definitely stretch with wear, and so I think it depends on whether you are okay with a little bit of sag, or if you want it to sit at your waist without a belt. I'm also assuming your legs are thin enough that going down a size wouldn't create discomfort in your thighs and calf areas.

Those take5 collabs looks nice!! are they available for order now??

funny how these came out before 18oz devil's fit, which has had SO much hype over there on the IH forum,

If you look a few pages back they are only in the sample stage. And so what if they end up being the same denim or even the same weight? If they are the IH-634 cut then they will be nothing like the IH-666...

Oh and two patches..... WHACK!

Yup, Im aware that these will be very different.

but not much of the public has much info on the details on the 666....

If you look a few pages back they are only in the sample stage. And so what if they end up being the same denim or even the same weight? If they are the IH-634 cut then they will be nothing like the IH-666...

Oh and two patches..... WHACK!

Yup, Im aware that these will be very different.

but not much of the public has much info on the details on the 666....

There is plenty of information on them. Here is a link. Now go to the first post and look at the measurements. There has also been a lot of discussion about them where information on them was exchanged, not really hype. Guess the reason people aren't "hyping" the Take5's is because they are just now being made... Oh, and they look like Doo Doo!

WHOA!!!! Easy there Lando! dude, T5 (usually) brings HEAT! Benny is easily one of the top influential business owners supporting these brands and i dont really think the dual patches or new arcuate of T5 looks all that bad.... oh who am i kidding, the new arc isnt as dope as their last one was, but thats beyond the point. They have decided to take a fit that everyone knows and loves and make a collab out of it. I'll hold my opinions on how it looks till later but for now i really wouldnt see a problem with it aside from how it got around Giles.

i personally think the patch thing is kind of dumb. although, taking the one you don't like off would be easy and not that bad. the 634 cut in 18oz denim sounds like it would have lots of potential to be cool, but i'd rather just have a strictly iron heart version.

I gave my sexih07's a wash today. completely amazed (and stoked) with the results. i feel like i'm wearing a different pair of jeans. here's the pics, pre and post wash.

front pre wash:

IMG_1290.jpg

front post wash:

IMG_1306.jpg

back pre wash:

IMG_1293.jpg

back post wash:

IMG_1309.jpg

i'd like to take some more pictures sometime soon, i was in a bit of a rush. perhaps i will post some more later. IH's forever.