Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Just received my pair of IH634SB. So much for my no-more-denim vow. I ain't waiting another 5 years for a pair of these. Gave them a quick hot hand wash with just water (no detergent). Spun dry. These are a lot more black looking than I thought they were going to be. On the SE webstore, they look navy blue-ish. Size 32 is perfect. Fit pics when dry. In the meantime... pics.

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

Closet hang indoor drying method.

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

Had them hemmed to 33in with black thread.

I wonder how many more jeans Iron Heart will produce with this special over dyed denim. 301's and 634's

I guess the sexih07bk that I bought are not that special.

If the overdye was what made the SExIH07BK special to you, you should be aware that it wasn't even the first Iron Heart model to have the overdye. There was a run of 634S that had the black overdye a few years ago, the current production is actually the second run of overdyed 634S jeans.

Since there is a high demand for the overdye, I would expect to see it on more IH models in the future.

i made the account when they opened it but i never use it.

Ditto. I just did some browsing to see what's up at IH and read DougNg's brown cotton duck jacket saga.

Seems like they're overdying everything they can get their hands on.

Which got me thinking,

What would happen if you reoverdyed a pair of worn in and faded jeans?

Like these:

3816403762_65bc2279b8.jpg

3816403812_f787d316e2.jpg

4371045095_767504f31e.jpg

4371046893_a6c3873b1e.jpg

4371797744_469cfa395d.jpg

Result:

Super contrast fades?

So I had some store credit at Self Edge and with the sale last weekend I decided to take advantage of the 15% off and ended up with a pair of 301s. Truth be told I prolly don't have the right build for these jeans (muscular thighs with thick knees) but I thought I'd give it a go anyways =D

I wear a size 32 in 634s and also a 32 in F380. I sized up one on these because there was no way 11.2 in the thigh was going to work for me. The top block on these seem pretty loose and im actually a bit afraid of them stretching too much.

The thighs however are skin tight. Stretching a bit so far, but I feel bad for my out-seams =(

Please to tell me if I look completely ridiculous >< I cant return them anymore but with them as new as is I could maybe sell them and get some money back

dsc4678a.jpg

umamimon those look fine to me, at least from the front. maybe post some more pics of alternate views? are they comfortable, do you like them? if yes to both, i would just say eff it and rock em hard.

No camera right now but i'll get some more up later if i have some time.

As far as liking them, I do... I have a pair of 634s in my rotation right now and they are coming along. Love the denim. For comfort I am a bit on the edge right now. Again, they are pretty tight in the thighs but not much so in the waist. If these will stretch out like my 634s, I'm guessing they will eventually fit well. Looking back, I would have never guessed that my 634s would feel like they do today so I'm not too too worried.

301s. Truth be told I prolly don't have the right build for these jeans (muscular thighs with thick knees) but I thought I'd give it a go anyways =D

I wear a size 32 in 634s and also a 32 in F380. I sized up one on these because there was no way 11.2 in the thigh was going to work for me. The top block on these seem pretty loose and im actually a bit afraid of them stretching too much.

They don't look too bad. Slim cuts work better for slim people. When I lost weight, (from a 34 to 32 waist - I can probably fit in some size 31s now) the problem is my thighs stayed the same size - and I haven't done weighted squats in 2 years and I probably lost only about 1/2 an inch. Now you can size one up to compensate, but then you end up with top block problems (diaper ass etc...) or you go TTS and end up with legs looking like stuffed sausages. It's a personal choice. Most guys on sufu with their chicken legs only need to go with the waist measurement when deciding to purchase. Not for guys like us. If I went with a 301 I'd have to size up 2 which wouldn't work. Still, I'd say keep them. the IH 21oz does give a bit in the thigh with wear (more than most other jean brands).

Thanks for all the replies. I can live with "not too bad" =)

Only thinking about waist size is a fantasy after doing a few years of biking compounded by some stubborn genetics. Like your experience... my weight goes up, my weight goes down, but my legs pretty much remain the same.

One of the main reasons that drove me to get these in the first place was how great stacks look on jeans with a slim hem. Stuff with over a 8 or 8.5 inch leg opening just end to drag unless im wearing boots.

Despite the discomfort, im pretty :D with how these jeans are stacking. It just looks so much cleaner and orderly.

Damn and I though the xxl iron heart shirts would fit but the shoulders are about 2 inches to small. Haraki help the broad shoulder people out!

...he has XXXL shirts now too which varies depending on the shirt but roughly correlates to a non slim fitting American XL. That's probably the best your going to do with any Japanese brands. I give Haraki props for expanding his sizing to fit more than just the smaller 50% of American men(average US male size is 5'9", 182lbs, and between a 37" and 40" waist).

crosspost from IH forum :D

hello everyone, this is my new pair 301s

39496_1369892495989_1492033483_30885982_5414186_n.jpg

39496_1369892575991_1492033483_30885983_4676159_n.jpg

39496_1369892615992_1492033483_30885984_1702169_n.jpg

this jeans is awesome! best jeans ever ;D

the waist is to tight, I need 5mnt to button it up :P

but it gets better and better

sorry for the t-shirt, I'm to excited to wear this jeans, and forget to change the t-shirt