Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Here are a friend's iron heart 634s. He's worn them really hard for about 7-8 months, and the color on them look amazing, definitely one of the better faded iron heart pairs I've seen. I thought that I should relay them onto here. He's going for the 634sr now, so we'll see how those look in a few months.

Untitled-1saas-1-1.jpg

these are amazing

He's just purchased them, they'll reach him shortly, we'll see then. He's more of a functionality person (that's why the jeans are totally wrecked in like 8 months), and don't think he's especially interested in the garment nature of the jeans. The reason why he's gone with iron heart is because they (apparently) last especially long and have great construction. I'll ask him to come on here. He'll probably have some serious wear on the 634sr within say 3-4 months.

Anybody got any pics of 9301's that have been worn for a while? I'm thinking of getting them for my next pair.
Do you guys wear your 301S or 9301 in the summer or is that almost impossible?

I have the 9301. They are exactly like a pair of overdyes I used to have so there will never be any "fading" in my opinion. This is why I bought them, I think everyone should have a pair of pants that are the blackest of black in their wardrobe.

As far as summer is concerned they don't feel like 22 ounces, they are not overly hot at all.

Anybody got any pics of 9301's that have been worn for a while? I'm thinking of getting them for my next pair.

Funny you mention it, I was just coming here to post the repair job I just had done on my 9301s. Somehow I managed to basically rip off half the left ass pocket, get a nice little case of crotch blowout going, and wear a nice big hole through the right ass pocket.

Thanks to Self Edge NYC and Stanton Tailor for making them whole again.

Here's the inside:

4325786088_578efe243c.jpg

4325795646_2817dbc2f2.jpg

From the outside:

4325802662_fd0d3b8827.jpg

4325805804_3dddb8242c.jpg

Oops! Forgot to post the coolest repair shot. I'm really impressed with this tailor. Shit feels bulletproof.

4326165936_56d84ff518.jpg

Sorry to flood the thread, just want to rep Stanton Tailors and Self Edge. Look man, jeans are jeans are jeans. Shit breaks down over time. I definitely made the mistake of not washing them which probably escalated the deterioration.

I just wish they came with a patagonia warrantee sometimes...

Jack, thanks for the pictures. Your pair looks great. If you don't mind my asking, how on Earth did you do that to your jeans!?!? +rep

Much appreciated man. Basically, I have no idea what to do with pants other than wear them a lot. I really own one pair of jeans (I got one for work as well I guess but they don't see very heavy use) and I wear them every day, rain or shine or snow or sleet or hellfire. I ride my bike every single day of the week, rain or shine or whatever, and unfortunately, because I didn't do my research, I didn't realize that washing the grime out of your pants would extend the life of the denim.

For some reason though they didn't get too funky. I aired them out when they were wet with a fan and it seemed to work out great.

Do you guys wear your 301S or 9301 in the summer or is that almost impossible?

My 9301's probably won't see too much use during the warmer months. Then again, when it's shorts weather, it's shorts weather. They're pretty damn hot with the black/thickness combo. I wore them for a night or two in nicaragua 2 weeks ago (85deg weather) and wasn't too stoked.

Swamp crotch is a bummer.

Thought it might be fun to put up some photos here. I've spent a little over a year and a half with these Iron Heart 461s' and I'm about to put them in the wash for the first time.

Original Photos

...20 months later just before a wash

Well, I should say it'll be the first time they've been washed with water. I've had to take them to the dry cleaners once or twice. The first time I did it it was because I must have sat in something damn awful!

gm.

IMG_7784.jpg

I ordered a pair of Bootcut Selvedge IronHearts (IH-461S) a little while ago. When I finally got them, I waited 2 or 3 months for them. I'll explain...

I went through this huge "process" I've gone through to actually get them. It's actually a good customer service story for Giles, the guy who runs the UK IronHeart operation. He's been pretty cool about everything and I'm a real patient person. The bottom line is I will have waited over 2 months to get them... but they are basically exactly what I wanted.

First off, I have a pair of the 634S Straights and I like them. I know, they don't fade as slickly as the Sammies, but that's what I have my RRDSs for. I dig the darkness.

So... about two months ago, I saw that they had the IH-461S Selvedge bootcuts in. I'm a huge fan of very slight bootcut jeans (RRDS is my fave), so I knew I had to get them. I ordered them complete with the custom Silver Rivets as well as the Silver crotch rivet. I was very fortunate enough to actually begin communicating with Giles a few weeks before he actually ordered/received the first shipment from Japan. Giles, was able to slip my custom order in with his first shipment of the "standard" copper rivets! Awesome!

Couple weeks later, I received the jeans. They looked great! However, due to a misprint on the IronHeart website, they were pretty damn small. Too small for the size I ordered, which should have been exactly like my 634S Straights. I mentioned this to Giles and he was really good about both addressing my needs and updating the website. Even though this was a 'custom' order, he allowed me to return them (mostly on the account of the website being misprinted). So, I had a choice: Either send them back and just get the standard copper rivets or wait a couple weeks till Giles went to Japan. He would re-order a pair just like I wanted and the would be ready by the time he gets to Japan.

I thought, well, hell, I don't want to go with "standard" copper rivets and i want what I ordered. So I said, no problem, man, I'll wait another couple of weeks. I also asked, since scissors haven't been put to denim yet, would it be cool if they made them a 32" length instead of the usual factory 34" length. He said sure. Sweet!

So sometime passes and we get back in touch and Giles is in Japan. He tells me he has some good news and some bad news.

Oh boy.

The good news is that he has my jeans sitting in front of him in his hotel room (or wherever he was). Nice. The bad news... is that they have copper rivets on them. DOH! I guess there was a disconnect on the order somewhere.

So again, I have another choice. He can send me the ones he has and give me a credit for the Silver Rivets or I can wait another 4 weeks for the right pair to be made. Needless to say, I thought that I've waited this long... what's another 4 weeks?

I did finally get them and I dig'em a lot. It was worth the wait. I now have my urban battle armor. :)

Click here for some pix...

461s.jpg

gm.

thank you

Overdyed is the blackest but fade a little bit less than solid black am i right ?

not really - super black is darker - and the fade is just different...

Aside from one having pockets and the other not having, there are a couple other points to be made. the SEXIH07IIIBK has 19oz denim while the (i am thinking you are talking about the real black type 3) is 22oz denim. The 19oz denim that the collab jacket is made from was made to produce fades rather quicker than the real black T3 (type 3) due to the Real Black T3 being constructed with black dyed yarns (two different types) before being assembled. The collab was garment dyed similar to the jeans of the same name. I hope this was helpful. here are some links..

Real Black Type 3

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/IH9526J.html

SEXIH07IIIBK

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=536