Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Does anybody know if Take 5 in Hong Kong carries the 301S and 9301?

Those are both Self Edge exclusives..

Yeah I'll agree with this. Not sure why Kiya says these run small because they don't.

I'm really happy with my cut but considering I sized down (at least according to posted waist measurementst) it should be tighter on the top block.

i totally agree here. i own 634s and 9634, both in 32 and they both fit like you'd expect a 32 to fit. Not sure where Self Edge get this incorrect opinion from.

On Ironheart website they mention a change in their denim (darker apparently) , also stiffer ? :

http://www.ironheart.jp/products/FabRenew.html

http://www.ironheart.jp/

Any info on this ?

There's good and bad news..

The good news is their 21oz non-selvedge denim is now darker and a bit more rigid, it has a deeper indigo color.

The bad news is that barely anybody we know ever buys the non-selvedge indigo IH denim.

The 301s, 634s, and all of our collaborations are made of selvedge denim, and therefore this doesn't apply to that denim.

thats strange,i wonder why they would do that....

IH is always improving their denim, they actually changed the indigo selvedge denim about a year ago too. But they never made a formal announcement about it.

For people considering the larger sizes in the IH 301's I originally got the size 38 but found them to be way too big in the upper block. I exchanged these for the 36 and the fit is great. They were a little tight in the waist but after wearing them for a few hours they are now perfect. I normally wear size 36 in all my denim including Samurai, PBJ 007's and Sugarcane (Slack denim)

Those are the 5th Anniversary jean, coming out the last week of May.

Limited to 500 pairs worldwide, the denim is insane.

Imagine IH's denim, but heavier, with more character, and ages in a very intense way with lots of contrast and variations.

It's also not pliable like IH's regular selvedge denim, it's extremely rigid.

Imagine IH's denim, but heavier, with more character, and ages in a very intense way with lots of contrast and variations.

these will be a birthday present to myself!

Put me down for 1 of these bad boys. I hope they fade a little faster than the 634S.

Damn, I NEED a pair of these. They don't look smooth like regular Iron Heart denim.

Would it end up being as soft as the regular Iron Heart denim after a was? Why is it listed as 21/23 oz?

I'm wondering if it woven in the same manner as most of Iron Heart's line. Could we have a tighter weave here? Now that would be nice.

Yup, we'll be carrying them at Self Edge.

Ed, they're almost 22oz raw, once washed them become almost 24oz due to the shrinking (they're unsanforized).