Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

hi,

here is some news on the IH Chambray sizing after washing:

1. cold wash: no significant shrinkage

2. warm wash: 1/2 size shrinkage

3. hot wash: 1/2 - 1 size shrinkage

these findings are based on experiences by SuFu users and discussions between Giles (www.ironheart.co.uk) and Kiya (www.SelfEdge.com), who already included this information on their webpages.

pls keep that in mind when ordering

br,

arne

Guest iron heart
IH-634S

Indigo 21oz

Selvedge Straight Cut

wanted to get these but want a slim fit should i size down one? i normaly wear a 30

As they are based on a '66, they are reasonably slim anyway. I would compare the sizes on the sizing charts with a pair of jeans you already own to determine which size to buy. Bear in mind that this denim will stretch in the waist by up to one inch with wear.

• 3 weeks later...

Iron Heart Flannel Shirts - Fall Series

Iron Heart brings us a great addition to their fall collection, their famous flannels in red and blue. These flannels are made in super limited quantities twice a year.

These shirts offer a great fit with amazing construction in a super comfortable brushed flannel material.

Also in is a full restock of the 634s and 9634 jeans.

More photographs, specs, and sizing information is now available in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71

001-723022.jpg

002-723084.jpg

007-756622.jpg

008-756646.jpg

how are the 1634s compared to the 21oz.'s of samurais?

It's a completely different feel.. Iron Heart's denim uses a completely different type of cotton and therefore it has a softer and more pliable hand to it..

Got my flannel in Xl today after changing from L. Have to say that I don´t understand what´s gotten into Ironheart. The sizing is completely different and much smaller than I got used to. I have four shirts before this, all in L, the last one before the flannel being the Hickory stripe from this season, and all fits perfectly and similar. But the flannel, even after getting it in XL seems more like a M. Disappointing, since I come to love and cherish my IH shirts and find them to be the best shirts available. The Quality on the flannel, on the other hand, is as alvays outstanding. So let´s hope this is just some kind of mistake and that the sizes will run like before in the future.

Iron Heart Super Heavy Weight Winter Flannels - DOUBLE BOOMTIME

It's seriously DOUBLE BOOMTIME right now with these flannels that just rolled in from Iron Heart. Over a year in the making, these flannels are made of a special fabric that took Iron Heart almost two years to develop. Iron Heart has produced the world's heaviest weight flannel shirt.

Made of a super soft woven cotton that's so thick and soft we think it may just be the perfect flannel shirt for colder climates. We've never seen anything like this, and we had no doubt that Iron Heart would be the first to do something so intense but wearable.

These Double Boomtime Super Heavy Weight Flannels are now available in our online store and in-store in limited quantities:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71

01-780289.jpg

04-746443.jpg

03-713831.jpg

05-713851.jpg

02-780315.jpg

Kinda glad they run small, helps me to save my money. So these are thicker than last years flannels?

Yup, they're thicker than last years...

how small do these run?

check these cross-referenced posts from SE:

kiya,

could you pls confirm that the IHSH-11 (the heavy flannel) have the same sizing 'problems' as the IHSH-10 (regular flannel)!

IH has totally different measurements on their webpage. the IHSH-10 measurements depict the problem of being smaller than the regualr IH shirts, but the IHSH-11 measurements do not depict this problem!

nevertheless, you state on your webpage that the IHSH-10 and -11 have the same measurements.

pls clarify!

thx,

arne

You are correct, the Super Heavy Winter shirts (11) run bigger than the regular Fall Shirt collection (10)....
http://www.ironheart.jp/products/IHSH-11.html

lower bottom part - it is all in Japanese and metric system, so you will have to do a little work on converting!

use these tools:

language: http://translate.google.de/translate_t?sl=ja&tl=en#

numbers: http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

XL

Shoulders 48cm/18.9in

Length 78.5cm/30.9in

Chest 120cm/47.2in

Hem 116cm/45.7in

Sleeve Length 67cm/26.4

Cuffs 11cm/4.3in

in terms of the fit of the heavy weight flannel, here is a pic (courtesy of giles from ironheart.co.uk) which might help you guys - especially because the western flannel runs so small compared to everything else from IH.

comparison of western (on top) vs heavy (bottom) flannel, both in XL

IMG_2331.JPG

seems that the heavy weight flannel is back to regular sizing!

hope that helps :D

^

from kiya.

the belt has two little screws that hold the leather loop together that holds in the actual buckle. you'd think they'd be better fastened somehow but they just screw together. both of them just unscrewed and fell out during normal wear.

not really a quality problem i guess as much as just being a stupid, stupid design for something that is expected to get quite a lot of wear. you should not have to find a screw driver and make sure your belt is not going to fall apart before each time you put it on.