Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

• 2 weeks later...

Thought i' bump this up and show you the specs for the upcoming collaboration between Hidden Rivet (Giles from www.ironheart.co.uk) and Tripple Works:

1955 ‘501 cut

13.5oz raw double redline selvedge (DDC6565-SFVS)

Plain copper rivets

Donut buttons

Half Lined rear pockets with 2 horizontal stitching lines on outside of pocket in yellow/orange thread plus red embroidered “W†Shrinks to tagged size

36" inside leg after wash.

Triple Works Goatskin patch.

Giles is very open about the proces of creating these..

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...ducts _id=245

does anyone know anything about these, i wanted to get these but i only have APC and nudies right now can anyone tell me about IH,

like do i have to soak them before i wear theM? how much will they stretch? what can i expect from these in fading/stacking i see there 21 ounces im guessing there REALLY stiff compared to nudies or APC?

• 2 weeks later...
I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has a pair of SEXIH01 in size 32 that they didn't wear or have barely worn and would like to sell, please get in touch.

hey, these might be ok, i have a pair of SEXIH01 size 31, that have been worn only a handful of times, they have zero wear to them as I ended up buying a smaller size, so I have no use for these if interested??

I ordered a pair of Bootcut Selvedge IronHearts (IH-461S) a little while ago. When I finally got them, I waited 2 or 3 months for them. I'll explain...

I went through this huge "process" I've gone through to actually get them. It's actually a good customer service story for Giles, the guy who runs the UK IronHeart operation. He's been pretty cool about everything and I'm a real patient person. The bottom line is I will have waited over 2 months to get them... but they are basically exactly what I wanted.

First off, I have a pair of the 634S Straights and I like them. I know, they don't fade as slickly as the Sammies, but that's what I have my RRDSs for. I dig the darkness.

So... about two months ago, I saw that they had the IH-461S Selvedge bootcuts in. I'm a huge fan of very slight bootcut jeans (RRDS is my fave), so I knew I had to get them. I ordered them complete with the custom Silver Rivets as well as the Silver crotch rivet. I was very fortunate enough to actually begin communicating with Giles a few weeks before he actually ordered/received the first shipment from Japan. Giles, was able to slip my custom order in with his first shipment of the "standard" copper rivets! Awesome!

Couple weeks later, I received the jeans. They looked great! However, due to a misprint on the IronHeart website, they were pretty damn small. Too small for the size I ordered, which should have been exactly like my 634S Straights. I mentioned this to Giles and he was really good about both addressing my needs and updating the website. Even though this was a 'custom' order, he allowed me to return them (mostly on the account of the website being misprinted). So, I had a choice: Either send them back and just get the standard copper rivets or wait a couple weeks till Giles went to Japan. He would re-order a pair just like I wanted and the would be ready by the time he gets to Japan.

I thought, well, hell, I don't want to go with "standard" copper rivets and i want what I ordered. So I said, no problem, man, I'll wait another couple of weeks. I also asked, since scissors haven't been put to denim yet, would it be cool if they made them a 32" length instead of the usual factory 34" length. He said sure. Sweet!

So sometime passes and we get back in touch and Giles is in Japan. He tells me he has some good news and some bad news.

Oh boy.

The good news is that he has my jeans sitting in front of him in his hotel room (or wherever he was). Nice. The bad news... is that they have copper rivets on them. DOH! I guess there was a disconnect on the order somewhere.

So again, I have another choice. He can send me the ones he has and give me a credit for the Silver Rivets or I can wait another 4 weeks for the right pair to be made. Needless to say, I thought that I've waited this long... what's another 4 weeks?

I did finally get them and I dig'em a lot. It was worth the wait. I now have my urban battle armor. :)

Click here for some pix...

461s.jpg

gm.

Pete just killed it with that top photo.