Lanvin Shoe Thread

lamscott

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does this thread attract the worst kind of newbs?

Sneakers + expensive + flashy colours + gaudy materials = bunch of clueless cretins seeking them out

get over it. save up some chips and buy you a pair. And if you still have hate in your blood buy another pair until you get all of them. Then maybe the rude posts will stop. Notice, all the people who have the sneakers post to get or give info on sneakers not talk them down.

get over it. save up some chips and buy you a pair. And if you still have hate in your blood buy another pair until you get all of them. Then maybe the rude posts will stop. Notice, all the people who have the sneakers post to get or give info on sneakers not talk them down.

So are you a troll or are you really that stupid?

Im a pretty firm beleiver that the Lanvin highs are amazing, but also crazy expensive (beyond what I can afford). Also I think that these rediculous anonymous arguements are what make message boards suck... get back on track, everyone knows their expensive, get over it

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2008/04/06/fashion/20080406_PULSE_SLIDESHOW_4.html

"Snoop around the sneaker-centric chat rooms of Fashion Spot, Hypebeast and Superfuture, and it’s clear that Lanvin has replaced Dior Homme as the brand of cult necessity."

they spelt lavin wrong

did they...?? lol. i dont know if you're joking or...i just dont know anymore. i've seen several folks on here misspell LANVIN. probably people who bought a pair.

i have to admit, i do think loads of people are simply attracted to the shoe because someone they hold in high regard likes them, or because of the price tag, or some other reason other than a genuine like for the shoe.

this thread isnt even worth it anymore.

I already own some, what kind of info can I possibly get from a bunch of newbs with no knowledge of the brand who don't realize most colourways look retarded and probably wear that stuff with their streetwear outfits. No wonder they stopped showing them on the runway, good from a sales point of view but bad for the image of a brand that doesn't want to be the flavour of the month.

Oh and I'm pretty sure you'd have to use google if I asked you to name Lanvin's menswear designer.

I already own some, what kind of info can I possibly get from a bunch of newbs with no knowledge of the brand who don't realize most colourways look retarded and probably wear that stuff with their streetwear outfits. No wonder they stopped showing them on the runway, good from a sales point of view but bad for the image of a brand that doesn't want to be the flavour of the month.

Oh and I'm pretty sure you'd have to use google if I asked you to name Lanvin's menswear designer.

Nevermind itchypoi's entire existence on this forum is Lanvin sneakers. I really wonder why they're skipping Hardy's day-glo shuz? Probably not as 'high-street' enough, nor pricey enough.

something I posted must have hit home. you reply as if I was posting it for you.

Thats funny. I don't have to exist on this forum. I have the flagship store on my team and with that I can't lose.:D

everyone knows it's gianni versace

NYT:

Lace-Ups Reach New Heights

WHEN it comes to Lanvin’s spring collection of silk, suede, mesh and metallic patent leather high-tops, an outlandish $700 price has not been a deterrence. Snoop around the sneaker-centric chat rooms of Fashion Spot, Hypebeast and Superfuture, and it’s clear that Lanvin has replaced Dior Homme as the brand of cult necessity. “I’m definitely getting two or three pairs in leather,” wrote a fellow by the name of God Save Hedi. “Need them in my life right now,” Yoh05 announced. “It has,” as someone calling himself Style Expert succinctly put it, “become an addiction.” And it isn’t all talk. “They fly out as soon as they hit the store,” said Tatsugo Yoda of Aloha Rag, a Honolulu shop that will open a New York outpost at 505 Greenwich Street this week. “They have an original design, and the use of fabric, cut and color cannot be imitated.” Barneys New York is one of the few sellers with a healthy supply, though possibly not for long. “They’re white-hot,” said Timothy Elliott, a spokesman for the store. Lanvin high-tops, $665 to $730 at Barneys.

06pulse.4.jpg

Guest jmatsu
NYT:

Lace-Ups Reach New Heights

WHEN it comes to Lanvin’s spring collection of silk, suede, mesh and metallic patent leather high-tops, an outlandish $700 price has not been a deterrence. Snoop around the sneaker-centric chat rooms of Fashion Spot, Hypebeast and Superfuture, and it’s clear that Lanvin has replaced Dior Homme as the brand of cult necessity. “I’m definitely getting two or three pairs in leather,†wrote a fellow by the name of God Save Hedi. “Need them in my life right now,†Yoh05 announced. “It has,†as someone calling himself Style Expert succinctly put it, “become an addiction.†And it isn’t all talk. “They fly out as soon as they hit the store,†said Tatsugo Yoda of Aloha Rag, a Honolulu shop that will open a New York outpost at 505 Greenwich Street this week. “They have an original design, and the use of fabric, cut and color cannot be imitated.†Barneys New York is one of the few sellers with a healthy supply, though possibly not for long. “They’re white-hot,†said Timothy Elliott, a spokesman for the store. Lanvin high-tops, $665 to $730 at Barneys.

06pulse.4.jpg

i am gonna buy the black mesh. anyway gg, i was wondering where you got the quote. i personally know tatsugo yoda, and his shit is not flying outta his shops. nigga doesn't know how to "buy."

i like all of the above, good to see some nice subtle colorways this season. if i wasn't graduating this year and party for a month, i would buy a pair. Maybe in the summer...

i am gonna buy the black mesh. anyway gg, i was wondering where you got the quote. i personally know tatsugo yoda, and his shit is not flying outta his shops. nigga doesn't know how to "buy."

It's interesting you say that because I was very curious if they're buying is going to be dramatically changed for the NY store. I've actually been thinking about applying for a buying job there....

But anyway, I don't see too many NY'ers who wear both Ann D and Lanvin, or Margiela and Henrik Vibskov. They need to determine what their client base is going to be in order to distinguish themselves as a premier NYC retail spot.

Guest jmatsu
It's interesting you say that because I was very curious if they're buying is going to be dramatically changed for the NY store. I've actually been thinking about applying for a buying job there....

But anyway, I don't see too many NY'ers who wear both Ann D and Lanvin, or Margiela and Henrik Vibskov. They need to determine what their client base is going to be in order to distinguish themselves as a premier NYC retail spot.

we should talk about this via the "aloharag in nyc" thread.

from what he tells me, he is trying to get japanese luxury brands that aren't so abundant in nyc/america. green man turned him down...so go figure.

the formula of carrying all these different kinds of brands in hawaii only works because of their present monopoly, which will soon come to an abrupt end.

Where is that thread?

There is definitely a lock they have in Hawaii which is a combination of a few things, most of which will not carry over to their retail location in NY.

I'd be curious to know what kinds of brands are even being talked about in regards to the new store.