Lanvin Shoe Thread

lamscott

..as of yesterday, Barneys in Chicago still has an 8 and a 9 in the olive green hi tops,theyre down to $349.

u sure about that? i gave em a call a few times, and they said they were all out and only had 7's :confused:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..as of yesterday, Barneys in Chicago still has an 8 and a 9 in the olive green hi tops,theyre down to $349.

u sure about that? i gave em a call a few times, and they said they were all out and only had 7's :confused:

7'S of those that MIS bought?

yes, tagged 7s of those khaki strap hi's was all they had left when i called em a few days ago this week.

just out of curiousity, based on PM from tisswat regarding measurements of his 8's, could those 7's have actually fit a US10?

Measurements are..

insole (inside shoe): 28.5 cm = 11.2 inches

bottom (outside) sole: 29.6 cm = 11.7 inches

7'S of those that MIS bought?

yes, tagged 7s of those khaki strap hi's was all they had left when i called em a few days ago this week.

just out of curiousity, based on PM from tisswat regarding measurements of his 8's, could those 7's have actually fit a US10?

Measurements are..

insole (inside shoe): 28.5 cm = 11.2 inches

bottom (outside) sole: 29.6 cm = 11.7 inches

Please, let's not turn this into the 'Lanvin sizing thread'. Buy your size, don't size 2-3 down...Jesus...

last time i checked this was called lanvin shoe thread

if lanvin shoes come in abnormal sizing or whatever, it would be extremely foolish to buy your size, since that clearly is not how the sizing works

Look through the thread, all the information you need on sizing is there.

Rundown;

Highs w/ strap run one size big

Highs w/o strap fit true to size (see my posts)

Lows fit true to size

But beyond all of this, everyone should go try them on if possible. Measuring outsoles means nothing.

Trust me though, these shoes do not, I repeat, do not require you to size down 2-3 sizes. Sheesh.

got the last pair of these

IMG_0040.jpg

I know a place that still has these, the brown high tops with the patterned leather (w/o strap) and the blacks I picked up for another SF'er here:

6kp4j8i.jpg

PM me if you want some. Unfortunately they aen't on sale and don't come cheap. Lavin isn't for the faint of heart.

Highs w/o strap fit true to size (see my posts)

That's weird.. the pair I have here in UK8 are clearly a size bigger than all of my other shoes sized US9. I'd definitely say the strapless run one size bigger than tagged.

But beyond all of this, everyone should go try them on if possible.

Agreed.

Measure your actual foot size with one of these;

Brannock-measure.gif

My size 11UK, US12 Lanvins fit very true to size; They are the white w/ mesh sides.

This is why I say go try them on first as most people think they are one size and are truly another. Plus, all companies use different lasts on their shoes, even common projects, Raf, and Margiela who are made in the same factory as Lanvin use different lasts.

My advice to everyone; Measure your foot with a brannock device and go from there. Any footlocker will have that available to measure your foot. Shit, for the longest time, I thought I was a true US13...come to find I am a perfect 12.

Yo anyone have any insight as to when the s/s 08 Lanvins are gonna drop in the US? Mainly in Jeffrey or Barneys. This would be amazingly helpful, as I need to decide whether or not I want to find some from last season (if it's gonna be a long wait for them to arrive in the US) or wait for them to drop here (if it won't be).... I only wonder because if they size strangely, I don't want to buy some and fuck up to fit. Tell me what you guys think

- Ben