Lanvin Shoe Thread

lamscott

oh yeah! i like this coat, its exactly what you said mixture of dressy and casual its a staple piece. this coat will probably have longer staying power than most peoples coat that has way too much on it. the coat is classy, sleek and sense of casual embodies lanvin. one member of the jury says robokop dat.

when i tried it on, i didn't get the women's wear feel at all. i thought it had a pretty good mixture of dressy and casual; a piece that i could wear to work and casually. i guess, what do you find hard to wear about it? btw, i'm still deliberating on this, the jury is out...
Ddohnggo is talking about this coat:

00010m.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Common Projects, Raf Simons mainline, and Lanvin are all made in the same factory in Italy. I'm trying to search and find out which one...

And no, they don't fit the same. The lasts are a tad bit different on the common projects, plus the common projects seem to have a bit more 'give' while the Lanvins are a bit stiffer (at least true for the high top Lanvins).

Joey- I personally love the coat, one of my favorites of the season. I also like the short version too.

Not sure if you would like it, but Black Fleece has a nice casual coat that's on sale right now for $1750 or something...it's excellent. Saw it yesterday and the quality is impeccable. It's the very first look that comes up when looking through the blackfleece site.

yeah they did i think one navy and black,but i think they were kopped way before the sale which was pretty ballsy. i went back during the sale and it wasnt there anymore.

i agree. if you see it in person it's different. i couldn't get the fem feel whatsoever.

cuddly, did the sf barneys carry this coat? do you know if they still have it?

the one at barneys was black. i lyk blk.

i agree. if you see it in person it's different. i couldn't get the fem feel whatsoever.

cuddly, did the sf barneys carry this coat? do you know if they still have it?

It is somewhat "A" shaped, especially worn open, + I see it as more "louche" luxury (like a velvet jacket) than anything else and that's not that easy to integrate. If you like it by all means cop, I mean I like it too, just not sure if its a good buy. The "feminine" shape is a direct influence on many of this season's lanvin coats by the way so it is normal and not a design fuckup.