Lanvin Shoe Thread

lamscott

it looks less "ballcap" in person, its one piece of molded felt, its way more like something a jockey would wear as a helmet than a bloke out to a red sox game.

Though it did look like felt, I saw some that must be at least cashmere ... and I only say that because it had a 700-800E pricetag on it. This was the one that covered the ears, I think that jockey cap in the pic was quite a bit cheaper.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though it did look like felt, I saw some that must be at least cashmere ... and I only say that because it had a 700-800E pricetag on it. This was the one that covered the ears, I think that jockey cap in the pic was quite a bit cheaper.

There are two grades; one in the 200-250 euros range and the one you're talking about. Both are smooth looking jockey caps and hardly reminiscent of ballcaps. I don't think any of them are wearable outside the runway.

are there any black hitops anywhere? i don't really care about the strap...
The all-black hi-tops without straps are the best of the bunch IMHO

Keep in mind there are 2 different strapless black hi-tops, one of them was the pair that is/was available on AlohaRag which was leather with a white sole. The other is the black suede with the black sole as seen in the pic Fuuma posted.

the barneys in boston had 3 hats, some white dress shirts, and some layering sweaters and that was the first weekend in november. the hats didnt have the ear covers, were very thin, and were in the $300 range. teal green and purple i think.

anyway, they were cool, had no liner but seemed like they'd be instantly fucked by rain or even the slightest pressure. looked very stupid on me.

The all black ones like Fuuma has are the joint!

Ardee- Any word floating around about SS08 colorways?

Dryice- No worries! Post up if you end up getting it.

I just set aside one of the hat beanies for myself as well. :D

No new news on the SS08 colorways yet. I'm currently waiting on an email from one of the managers there, hopefully he'll have something interesting for me.

the ny barneys sold a ton of the lanvin stuff. only stuff that i saw were button ups, cashmere sweater(?), fur trimmed coat, reversible fur coat (this was really weird), poncho type thing, smoker's jacket (shit is pimp), and the pants with the stripe on the side.

Hmm, I'm looking for a button up shirt in navy, hopefully they have one (that isn't too outrageous). And yea, that smoking jacket is beyond sick! There's also a tweed blazer at the LA store that is absolutely gorgeous and fuckin' soft as hell!

No new news on the SS08 colorways yet. I'm currently waiting on an email from one of the managers there, hopefully he'll have something interesting for me.

Nice. Hopefully he'll report with some good tid bits about the SS line up.

supposedly there is a midseason collection that lanvin has that was sent to barneys. the pieces aren't on sale and apparently rolls over to spring?

I'm interested to see what this is. Sounds almost like a resort collection. Did someone at Barneys tell you that Joey? I'll have to ask more about it..

so are there needs for a london proxy? i mean 470 is cheaper than 800usd right? and they might have the rare colours.

Where'd you get $800? The high w/ strap in the US is $700 and the non strap is $635. 470 euros is about $700 and then with international shipping, you're not looking at a savings really, more like the same price.

Ardee can probably correct me on the price though.

prices for the hi-top strapless/strap are 440E/480E respectively, out the door.

I was also told that there is a chance for a mid-season release in "new materials". They have my phone number so I am waiting for an update from them. Hopefully I'll have something in the next few days.

as per SZ. It will become easier to KOP DEM LAVINZ:

"Published: Tuesday, November 27, 2007

By Miles Socha

PARIS — Capitalizing on a string of hit collections by its designer, Alber Elbaz, Lanvin is embarking on its next growth phase, headlined by a retail rollout and product expansion.

"The indicators are good and the untapped potential is still huge," said Lanvin president Paul Deneve, projecting sales growth in the range of 40 percent for 2008.

Partnering with local retailers, Lanvin plans to open about a dozen boutiques during the next year in the Middle East, Europe and India, he said, mentioning such cities as Istanbul, Dubai, Moscow, Athens and Delhi. Deneve is also scouting for company-owned locations in New York, Los Angeles, London and Milan, aiming to open three to four key locations over the next two years.

"That's a real jump forward in terms of distribution," he said during an exclusive interview. Also coming later this month is an 800-square-foot in-store shop at Bergdorf Goodman in New York. Until now, Barneys New York, one of Lanvin's key American retail partners, has had a lock on the brand in Manhattan.

At present, Lanvin operates 10 company-owned freestanding stores and an another 22 with retail partners, but roughly 70 percent of its business remains wholesale.

Part and parcel of the retail rollout is a new design concept. In September, Lanvin unveiled its first new-look unit at its Paris flagship: raw concrete floors, gleaming lacquer panels, industrial-steel fixtures and vintage Art Deco furnishings.

Deneve said a number of existing stores would be renovated with the design, including its Monaco location and the Paris men's flagship.

The executive declined to give revenue figures for the company, which is owned by Taiwanese publishing magnate Shaw-Lan Wang. But Deneve was unequivocal that Lanvin, fuelled by rapid sales in every product category, is entering a new profitable growth phase, entering the black in 2007 for the first time in years.

But the growth has been controlled. As Elbaz told WWD The Magazine last month, he dislikes the word "momentum" applied to Lanvin. "I'm not sure fashion is just about the here and now," he said. "For me, it's about design and about desire and dreams. Fashion is about creating a need; it's not about momentum. I hate that word. It's the most scary thing."

While Elbaz's feminine and influential designs have turned Lanvin into one of the hottest designer brands on the market, the brand's recent success can also be attributed to key structural and organizational changes.

The company's supply chain has been overhauled, shaving more than six weeks off delivery times. Deneve has also beefed up management. In the last six months, he has named executives to head four key business groups: accessories, men's wear, retail and the U.S. region.

Accessories currently account for about a third of Lanvin's sales, and Deneve asserted the brand has "tremendous" room to expand its business in handbags, footwear and costume jewelry.

"The approach is not to find a hit bag or an 'It' bag. The plan is to create a range," Deneve noted.

For next spring, Lanvin is emphasizing three key handbag styles: the Pop clutch and the Partage and Padova bags.

Men's wear has also been explosive, thanks largely to a new fashion line introduced two years ago, overseen by Elbaz and designed by Dior Homme alum Lucas Ossendrijver. Best-selling items include dressy sneakers, glossy loafers, tuxedos and bib-front shirts.

Deneve said spring 2008 men's orders jumped 80 percent as the brand reentered such fashion and luxury-conscious markets as the U.S. and Italy. Deneve noted its classic men's line, now labeled Lanvin 15 Faubourg, has also been updated and is gaining traction.

When Elbaz arrived at Lanvin five years ago, women's wear accounted for only about 10 percent of revenues, Deneve said. Today, that number has rocketed to 65 percent.

Still, Deneve asserted Lanvin had plenty of room to grow in women's ready-to-wear, noting the brand was still not widely distributed in Asia and citing recent expansion into bridalwear and more casual, item-driven styles under the 22 Faubourg label.

At present, 38 percent of Lanvin's revenues derive from Europe, 29 percent from the U.S., 21 percent from the Middle East and Russia, and 12 percent from Asia.

Lanvin already has licenses for eyewear and men's furnishings, but Deneve said no additional categories were pending. "It's about developing the categories we have."

Last August, Lanvin sold its fragrance and cosmetics business to Inter Parfums SA for 22 million euros, or about $30 million, to insure it had the funds necessary to develop the rtw and accessories businesses. It was a move that raised eyebrows in the industry and, according to sources, sent divisive shock waves through the uppermost echelons of the fashion house.Elbaz and Deneve have declined all comment on that transaction. Waving off the question anew, Deneve shifted the discussion to how Lanvin could capitalize on the brand's momentum and invest in expansion.

He stressed, however, that growth would be controlled to preserve the house's "human scale" and family atmosphere, which Elbaz encourages with extensive personal contact among Lanvin's employees, retail partners, consumers and editors.

"He really gives this positive drive to everyone," Deneve said. "It's an intangible, but you can feel the difference in the end."