Lanvin Shoe Thread

lamscott

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know for sure but I would say no. The Givenchy-sneakerquality looked slightly inferior to the Lanvin and Balenciaga ones. I could be wrong so...

Why you want to know if it's the same factory if i may ask?

i wouldnt say that theyre inferior.

i wouldnt say that theyre inferior.

Well I held the Givenchy ones and saw some glue on the side of the sole (not too good finishing) and maybe it's the material (I only held the shiney black/dark ones) but for some reason I wouldn't think they wouldn't walk as smooth/flexible, this when comparing the amount of plastic of the G's to the suede/velvet's of the L's.

Both are high-end quality sneakers but would it only be the name that makes the sneakers differ for 200E in price?

Well I held the Givenchy ones and saw some glue on the side of the sole (not too good finishing) and maybe it's the material (I only held the shiney black/dark ones) but for some reason I wouldn't think they wouldn't walk as smooth/flexible, this when comparing the amount of plastic of the G's to the suede/velvet's of the L's.

Both are high-end quality sneakers but would it only be the name that makes the sneakers differ for 200E in price?

i own those givenchys and lanvin. my only minor complaint about the givenchys is the overlapped sole. i'm assuming by the context of this conversation and by your previous comments that you didn't mean to write "wouldn't" but "would." I'm actually not 100% sure one you really mean, but if my assumption about what you are trying to get across is accurate, then you are mistaken. the givenchys are suede and patent with a rubber soles like so many lanvins are. i notice no difference while wearing either or and walking.

the original retail price of the givenchy was like 500eu when they first came out. the price has gone down cause shit aint new, unlike how many think it is.

my only minor complaint about the givenchys is the overlapped sole.

This is also what I didn't liked about the shoes and the little suede on the toecap :) Saw them first time on luisaviaroma and was quite positive about the shoes. But now that I saw them irl, I would better cross the street and spend money on another pair and color of lanvin instead the givenchy's.

This is also what I didn't liked about the shoes and the little suede on the toecap :) Saw them first time on luisaviaroma and was quite positive about the shoes. But now that I saw them irl, I would better cross the street and spend money on another pair and color of lanvin instead the givenchy's.

okay whatever. u go buy "another" pair of lanvins.

I will indeed XD.

btw do you happen to see the "Official Givenchy Shoe Thread" somewhere? so we can continue 'bout Lanvin over here?

no there is no such thread. was trying to help out that other guy with the sizing. is that okay with you? sorry to interupt YOUR thread. pls post pics of your lanvin shoes. thanx.

I'm probably spelling it wrong but I was told it was astra cat fur, there was a matching coat above the high tops but I did'nt ask if it was real cat fur.

I think you're talking about astrakhan which is the fur of a lamb fetus.. here is an article about it, supposedly it is in-humane

http://www.hsus.org/wildlife/wildlife_news/astrakhan_hot_new_fashion.html

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i wish they make small sizes for ladies, because my girl ben wanting to get pair of lans for a while. these softer tones for spring would definately suit her as well.

yes they got womens models but my girl want high top....

i will check my friend in lanvin to check the smallest size

• 2 weeks later...

Do you folk like the white soles this year (at Barney's) or the black soles from last year (at unusualcodes) more? Do I even have the seasons right? I'm just going by what I see, my Lanvin knowledge is slim but I know I need some classic highs in navy/black one way or another. Shit, maybe they have both types of soles every year, I don't know

I feel like whites sole is more mature and future-proof in terms of my wardrobe, but black sole would go best currently.

As well, which shoe does Lucas Ossendrijver use more, the regular high or the strap? For that matter, what is the general opinion here on the better shoe, high or strap?

Thanks for reading my silly questions