Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers

goldengloves

So what do you all think of the new line from Thom Browne and BB?

I've actually come quite fond of it. Yea, some of the pricing (most) is down right atrocious but the clothing is definitely top notch. I'm also feeling the length and cuff on the trousers, it's just enough to not be comical.

The women's clothing looks amazing too. All in all, I'm impressed and I can't wait to see what comes out for Spring/Summer 08.

Some looks;

men-outfit-596-detail.jpg

men-outfit-600-detail.jpg

men-outfit-607-detail.jpg

men-outfit-621-detail.jpg

women-outfit-373-detail.jpg

women-outfit-393-detail.jpg

women-outfit-399-detail.jpg

women-outfit-644-detail.jpg

I really like it too. I was just at Brooks Brothers today, but it was not a store that carried the Black Fleece line. I did learn though, that Browne will be with BB for 4 seasons which I think is great.

Yes, some of the price is just crazy. An example would be the cape they had for sale for I think $10,000.

The mens outfits are, obviously, a little too Brooks-Brothery for me. I like Thom Browne's main line since it basically takes this conventional aesthetic and then throws convention out the window.

Then again, I'm 17. I could easily see how this would be extremely appealing, and, perhaps, verging on edgy even if you consider how staid "business apparel" generally is, for someone who actually needs this sort of clothing to be "in uniform."

Yea, very true. I like it, but again, I can't see myself wearing this all the time, just when I feel like dressing up a bit more than usual.

I've been on the tucked in button down shirt in trouser look lately though. I'm over this whole tshirt thing...

I do somewhat admire what Thom interprets as being stylish.

I think Thom has done a great job on somewhat reconfiguring the image of the suit to a more statement and updated look.

Haha, just read some of the threads on Thom Brown on styleforum.net. That shit is down right hilarious.

I mean, I think Thom is pretty over the top sometimes but some of the posts over there are down right narrow minded. It's a good read though. :)

Haha, just read some of the threads on Thom Brown on styleforum.net. That shit is down right hilarious.

I mean, I think Thom is pretty over the top sometimes but some of the posts over there are down right narrow minded. It's a good read though. :)

thom browne's normal stuff is pretty slim, i expect this is similar.

i like thom's main line and i think black fleece is just a slightly more conservative version of it. i like it.

btw, that thom browne thread on StyleForum was the best ever.

Nah, everything is definitely slimmer fit. Maybe not Dior Hommo slim, but slimmer than standard BB. The trousers are tapered and you do have the option to get them like the lookbook or regular.

I hope some of the suits make it to 50% off.

I agree. I really hope that it gets marked down in the near future.

i dont care if its supposed to look that way. dudes look like a jar jar binks cutout from episode 1. if they took a photo from the side it would all be paper thin because it drapes so flatly. i dont see how that can be a desirable look unless your a butterfly.

you can go bespoke for thom's prices. you can go made to measure for the price of basically any RTW designer jawns nowadays...you can go bespoke for most people's shirt prices. i am impressed by the fact thom keeps his shirt prices reasonable. i've seen more expensive RTW shirting elsewhere.

lad musician sucks.

to be honest i don't even know the difference btw fusing and canvassing. i'm not a suit fan, and i don't understand the cult phenomenon behind suits, and the sight of a million fat men dressed like penguins with silk nooses on in washington highly amuses me... umm, keeping that in mind, the lad suit, which cost about $600 (if i'm correct you can't even buy a decent-quality MTM jacket in the US for that little), has hand-finished detailing (even my "nicer" articles of clothing, manufactured by ann d., etc. are not as well-stitched as this) and the cut was spot on. i mean, if you don't like a skinny suit, you don't like it period, but even though i wouldn't buy lad outerwear or other items, this is the exact suit i'd have made if i flew over to HK and got one tailored, so whatever.

you can go bespoke for thom's prices. you can go made to measure for the price of basically any RTW designer jawns nowadays...you can go bespoke for most people's shirt prices. i am impressed by the fact thom keeps his shirt prices reasonable. i've seen more expensive RTW shirting elsewhere.

lad musician sucks.

Shit dun, u b buyin $200 CP tee shirt jawns! Same thang nah mean?

Peoples want to b assocated wit Thom Browne an his wacky high hemmd ideas.

i dont think anyone who buys TB suits has them hemmed as high as in the shows. i might be mistaken.

i like my pants on the short side too though. not no highwater joints tho.

btw it's really not the same thing. dont think i'm hatin on his hustle though, his joints are fresh.