methods of making my jeans gnarly

Lockhart

Iv been experimenting with different things on my jeans such as wax, sandpaper, paint, ect... i was just wondering if anyone could tell me some good methods add 'character' to my jeans other than natural ware. maybe some good controled effect and conversly some wild, dont know what to expect effects. thanx

MATT

take a cheesegrater to them, followed by a tub full of mostly water and a little bleach. then put them in a bag of jagged rocks, throw it down a cliff, and hopefully a small animal will gnaw its way into the bag and eventually create some "gnarly" teethmarks into your jeans. if your jeans don't look worn down enough, you could eventually run them over with your car as they lay upon sandpaper while simultaneously throwing some random car oil at them to create splotches as if you worked at a gas station. when you've completed that step, you can take your favorite cutting board knife and slice away at your jeans as if they were a pollock masterpiece of art. don't forget to make sure to throw some paint on to them also, just for the added artist effect- it's truly beneficial. still don't have enough ideas? why, be cool and write random edgar allan poe verses on random spots on your jeans with a sharpie- that really personalizes them. but oh wait... why do all this when you could get a beautiful pair of shit on jeans at abercrombie? why, sounds like a plan.

when i first started to snowboard some years ago, i had a pair of levi's silvertab loose pipe fit jeans. after 2 days of rolling down the slopes (literally), the wear and tear were unbelievable (both me and the jeans). i still wear them now when i have to shovel snow.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Edited by darknworn on Aug 21, 2005 at 11:34 PM

wait.

why would they start to look good "in about a week" AFTER you've finished the aging/altering process???

what goes on in that week?

does the dirt magically do something over those seven days after you've washed the jeans?

=k

man! this is funny !

but the easy answer....dont try and cheat........ wear your jeans for 6-12months unwashed, wipe your hands down then lots, try doing ten squats a day, wipe your dirty hands on them, sleep in them a few times, dont fold them up when u take em off, leave em in a pile. then wash

Edited by witts on Aug 22, 2005 at 02:56 PM

first post and you guys dont even give the guy an honest answer

just wear them, whether its walking around or mountain climbing, just the fact that you are wearing them is what gives you those distressions unique only to you, sleep in them lots, and dont be afraid of the rain after about 5 months

chwa?

The sad thing is that all these fashionista denimheads (myself included) have all attempted to do what this cat wants to do. Don't knock it, but seriously, I have tried some shit to my jeans and have never been able to achieve a good look other than just wearing them. At work i will rub grease on the jeans, but with a good pair of denim that will wash out. So without attempting to be a dick, i would suggest what witts says and just wear them in... hard. Do everything in them.

PEACE