its fuckin cold out--lets talk gloves

M.O.A

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some leather, cashmere lined gloves for christmas but sometimes I think they look a bit too 'Patrick Bateman'.... and id rather look like a slightly gothic homeless man stalking a dystopic underworld..... so I bought these cashmere wrist warmers from Brora, great company, and not bad value on sale.

http://www.brora.co.uk/Product/Product.aspx?WebShopCodeStr=AS&WebSegmentCodeStr=S1&WebCategoryCodeStr=CG&StyleCodeStr=GHN60

I also got the chunky beanie, obviously both items are in charcoal hues.

The good thing about these is that I can use the ipod whereas with full finger gloves I have to keep taking them off.

I have a pair of dents leather cashmere lined that kept my hands nice and warm on a recent trip to budapest and I have just bought a pair grey cotton ones for the milder weather in Manchester, both a great fit and great quality

• 5 months later...

Maybe not very cool but I get a pair of these Carhartt's every winter:

http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=10051&productId=32021&langId=-1&categoryId=10904#

I'm so used to driving with them 8 months out of the year it feels weird driving without them. Also the medium size just barely fits me but that's the smallest they make them.

• 1 year later...
So I'm bumping this because it has got cold way too early this year. Lost the MJ leather/cashmere gloves, and need some sort of replacement. Preferably black again, and simple. I haven't seen any gloves I really like so far this year.

Share away.

Not sure what your budget is but take a look at the jcrew leather/cashmere lined gloves. Mine's pretty good and quite warm although it's from a previous season.

those are nice gramps. I usually had the same luck (especially with sunglasses), but those old gloves stayed with me for a while and were in good shape. until someone distracted me and I walked off a bus without them :(.

Not sure what your budget is but take a look at the jcrew leather/cashmere lined gloves. Mine's pretty good and quite warm although it's from a previous season.

other than the pinch at the bottom, which I'd probably have in my coat sleeve anyways, they look basically the same. Thanks!

0014h.jpg

ive been wearing alpaca knit gloves for a couple years now and i love them but now that im riding my bike inthe winter i think i will need something with better grip and durability. i love the quilted mario portolano from the last page, and the middle ones in the quote. any peasant status equivilents? ebaying "motorcycle gloves" brings up ones that are too long or too robotic looking

• 1 month later...

so today i was outside smoking a cigarette, and then i couldn't feel my fingers anymore and they were all red. i need gloves, what are the warmest gloves i can get at a decent price (less than 100$). i've tried so many different gloves, none of them keep me warm cause i got skinny asian fingers. oh and preferably something pretty thick so i can smoke and do shit with them, and use my phone or whatever.

for those that really care, i didn't want to put this is small questions thread so people who have the same concern as me can see this.

• 11 months later...