water bottles.

suggestions?

preferably plastic, NOT made in china, clip-able (so that it isn't bouncing around inside my bag).

links, pics, anecdotes, words of warning, reviews

i was gonna buy a Bauer bottle from Target but it is made in China and i'm not trying to get date-raped.

so yeah

skool me

Sol Light LightCap

"Introducing the solar powered LightCap™, the water bottle with a light in the lid. The LightCap is not only an unbreakable one-litre water bottle, it’s also the coolest solar powered LED light you’ve ever used. The cap has a built-in waterproof solar panel, battery pack and powerful, long-lasting LED light. Fill it with your favorite drink and never worry about finding it in the dark again. Set it in the sun or hang it from a railing during the day and you’ll have light all night long!"

Taken from oki-ni

lc0001clrm4.jpglc0001clrm1.jpg

I had heard that the compound they use to make Nalgenes has adverse effects to it (sterility or cancer or somesuch...)

anybody know if there's any truth to that or is that just some bull from a chain email my mom sent me?

also, this thread is surprisingly hilarious

that story went around a few months back. i'm not sure how much veracity it has. but in the cases where the chemicals leeched into the water, it was from heated sources. so don't leave your nalgene out in the sun all day in hot weather. don't toss it in the dish washer with hot water. don't microwave it... shit like that