Supergadgets

Blanc0

Sitting here in a factory in Colombia bored off my ass, wishing I would've bought a PSP before I left. Which leads me to the topic:

What gadgets do you carry, or "rock" on a regular basis?

For me, I carry my 12" ibook EVERYWHERE (last time I had to send it in for repairs, the dude @ the apple store compared iot to a well used guitar), 20G ipod (with different songs than my ibook itunes) shuffle, Sony ericsson T616, sony cybershot U, and an old sony dsc-p5. I need to step up my digicam game, and I also now know that I NEED a PSP (although I've never REALLY been a gamer type, this thing looks too cool for school). Anyone here have a psp? Do you recommend?

Also, with all the shit I carry around, that means I also have to carry around a SHITLOAD of chargers, usb cords, etc., etc. Any advice on how to cut that down? Anyone ever mees with those iGO charger thingys?

ALSO, what do you carry all your shit in? I'm rockin' the Acronym 3rd arm, best bag I've seen in years.

Edited by Blanc0 on Aug 19, 2005 at 11:27 AM

Sony Ericsson T616 for now (gonna upgrade to the P910 as soon as my connect comes through)

Canon SD300 (love it and I take it everywhere since it's so small...)

Iriver H-120 (20 gig mp3 player...was a better deal than the 3rd gen ipod at the time..but I'll probably end up moving over to the 'white side' when it dies....)

That's about it...as for what i carry them around in, I have a black leather duffel bag for work or my old Club Monaco nylon messenger bag....

4GB IPOD MINI: first one was bought for dirt cheap on ebay. it broke. apple store gave me a brand new one with a 3 yr warranty for FREE!

PSP: awesome. get an emulator to play NES classics.

SONY DSC F707: love it.

anyone have the new apple mouse. is it worth $50?????? its a mouse!!!

Edited by edwin on Aug 19, 2005 at 12:56 PM

IMO, a PSP would make you look like a complete nerd outside. Don't get me wrong, I have one, I just dont take it out of the house. It's just a waste of money if you're not a hardcore gamer. It's true, they're not cheap! However, that thing is mad cool, especially the graphics. Just that the games arent that great for now, the RPGs games are short (according to a friend). But if you decide to buy one, I'd recommend this game : Namco Museum. Just that overall, its a waste of money for someone like me.

Yea so that's that.

A Karrimor backpack

IAudio X5 MP3 Player

and some stash.... lol

I love gadgets.

my basics:

averatec 11" subnotebook

10 gig ipod. 2. generation! oldschool!!!!! (together with my porta pro koss headphones)

sony ericsson k750i. really nice phone

pentax option s40 - 4 MP digi cam

dell axim x50v. i dont game so I think its a perfect alternative for psp. I can use skype in any wireless lan, I surf through wlan, or bluetooth/wap with my cell wherever I am, watch movies,....

one

Ultron

Quote:

Sony Ericsson T616 for now (gonna upgrade to the P910 as soon as my connect comes through)

Canon SD300 (love it and I take it everywhere since it's so small...)

Iriver H-120 (20 gig mp3 player...was a better deal than the 3rd gen ipod at the time..but I'll probably end up moving over to the 'white side' when it dies....)

That's about it...as for what i carry them around in, I have a black leather duffel bag for work or my old Club Monaco nylon messenger bag....

--- Original message by triniboy27 on Aug 19, 2005 11:33 AM

the h120 is a much better player, everything-wise. they go for a lot on ebay, even used.

if you're thinking of moving on, go iAudio X5, best there is.

www.dapreview.net

tally-hoo

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Aug 20, 2005 at 11:08 AM

A lot of debate going on as to which one is better. It's a matter of taste, I guess. I think the chrono function makes the dial a bit busier and the simplicity of the 194 attracts me. Plus the fact that it was voted the best diver's watch of 2004. I don't mind having any of the two. Panerai rocks!

The Black Seal is a beauty! I have a Rad Base 210 waiting for me in HK next month but still contemplating whether or not I should take it. Funds are a bit limited right now and I'm thinking of getting a submersible next. Whether it be a 24, 194, 187 or a La Bomba.

Yeah man, all Panerais are desireable, I wouldnt mind having all. lol Especially the PVD ones or any Pre-Vendomes out there.

The 210 is a beauty, I'd get it right now if I have that kinda money.. but yea, gotta buy what you like more and whats more affordable to your pocket right now.

I regret selling my 183, it was such a beauty. I bought some dirk straps for them too.

My next target would be the arktos! Here I come baby..!!

And about MP3 players, yeah the iAudio X5 is the best sounding MP3 player out there, and it has a solid built, it aint plastic. Gotta buy some other earphones tho, preferably those isolating ones.

Edited by superposition on Aug 20, 2005 at 01:12 PM