High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

From Albam a la the RG boots -

I'm liking a lot of stuff from this brand - anyone familiar with them?

Rogues Gallery? Quality is great; all hand made in Maine. They're deck boots, so I don't think you can get them with any kind of thicker sole though.

*edit

I posted it in the boat shoes thread, but it probably belongs here. BoO x Sperry for FW 08 has several pairs of deck boots.

8d1d26d46ffl1.jpg

I posted it in the boat shoes thread, but it probably belongs here. BoO x Sperry for FW 08 has several pairs of deck boots.

8d1d26d46ffl1.jpg

I emailed BoO and they said they are shipping them out in September and that Barney's will have the biggest selection. Have you heard anything about price?

No.

Please familiarize with more pictures please.

Pretty much just albamclothing.com.

I was going to start a new thread but I figure, why bother, no one will have anything useful to add, and this is the only thread that really matters here anymore, anyway.

Lots of nice knits and dope outerwear - fishermans, and bomber looks sick.

They claim its affordable - but who knows what could happen if I ordered something to the States after customs.

I was going to start a new thread but I figure, why bother, no one will have anything useful to add, and this is the only thread that really matters here anymore, anyway.

They claim its affordable - but who knows what could happen if I ordered something to the States after customs.

Good lord. This stuff is really, really nice. Once I'm able to afford quality basics instead of just plain basics I know where I'll be shopping.

What do you want to bet that this is re-branded Quoddy?

"Hand sewn near Maine on the Eastern seaboard"

hmn....

I made a thorough and highly scientific comparison of this piccie of a boat shoe off the Quoddy website with the boat shoe on the albam site.

601.jpg

The stitching of the shoes is different and the thread is of a different colour. The albam shoes seem to be more roughly constructed and the leather appears shinier and a richer shade of brown. The inner on both shoes seem very similar and the hardware, laces and sole appear identical. I think the Albams look nicer. The Quoddys are $137 and the Albams are £135.

So the shoes look very similar but it's impossible to tell whether they were made in the same factory, of course. Next time I'm in the shop I'll try and find out which factory they're made at!

No, not interested in RG. I was asking about Albam.

I've been following this brand since around spring this year, ever since I accidentally stumbled into their shop in London.

23_beak_image.jpg

It's on Beak St, perpendicular to the bottom of Carnaby st (opposite end from Liberty's). You can order online and I expect they are very accommodating if you email them.

They've got a casual, workwear/preppy aesthetic. Their quality is high and the prices are mid-high, but you get the sense that more of your money is going on good production and less on publicity and other intangibles. They gradually change and update their stock throughout the season and bring back particularly popular and profitable items if they sell out. They claim that they change their output based on customer feedback and they seem like the sort of outfit that would be able and willing to do this.

Their fishermans' cagoules seem particularly popular, as do their boat shoes. I personally love their shirts and probably have four or five. Their chambray is particularly nice. Their T shirts are very good quality as well. I've never tried on their denim but it's APC standard construction and made in the UK. Price is slightly cheaper than APC as well at £70 for french and £75 for japanese denim.

Looking forward to their next season's stuff, which I hear will have lots of flannel jackets. No idea when it'll be out though.

I dunno, Lloyd, I am holding my Quoddy Boat shoe in my hand (well, I put it down to post this message) and the stitching is identical. The three eyelet boat shoe is kinda unusual, most are two eyelet. Quoddy does offer various grades of leather (even more than they offer on their site), so it would not surprise me if they were altered slightly to Albam's specs.

i fucking want those BoO sperrys. damn.

What do you want to bet that this is re-branded Quoddy?

"Hand sewn near Maine on the Eastern seaboard"

hmn....

I made a thorough and highly scientific comparison of this piccie of a boat shoe off the Quoddy website with the boat shoe on the albam site.

The stitching of the shoes is different and the thread is of a different colour. The albam shoes seem to be more roughly constructed and the leather appears shinier and a richer shade of brown. The inner on both shoes seem very similar and the hardware, laces and sole appear identical. I think the Albams look nicer. The Quoddys are $137 and the Albams are £135.

So the shoes look very similar but it's impossible to tell whether they were made in the same factory, of course. Next time I'm in the shop I'll try and find out which factory they're made at!

the Rogues Gallery deck boots are hand-sewn by a guy in Maine....

I'm feeling this.

I too want to figure out a way to consolidate my interests in mountain/outdoor (or inspired) gear into one easy to read and manage thread. Bomber is tight, also feeling the waffle cardigans, and some of the basic knits as well.

Solid find Gnar. Did you notice (or perhaps order) the slim fit navy chinos?

The people at albam clothing are real cool, their measurements were sort of vague so I emailed them and they shot me back some in the next 48 hours. They also said that this fall they have taken photos of their products being worn instead of just on hanger so that you can get a better idea of the fit; but to just email them if you want any model pics of a certain item in the mean time.

I'll definitely be buying some stuff from them this fall... I love the Cagoule.

Yeah, I've been in contact with them too - they are super friendly. Someone there is trying to figure out for me what the customs fees are like for shipping to the US.

I did see the chinos, RBW, but I don't really like the detailing and pockets - more jean style. So close.

I might hold out for the fall - but I like what they have up now. The waffle knit and bomber especially. I would go for the Fisherman's if I didn't already have the exact same thing from APC.

I'll bet Quoddy does make their deck shoes - I'm going to try and go through Quoddy though, decided that I need me some 6 hole moc boots with boat soles.

Yeah, I've been in contact with them too - they are super friendly. Someone there is trying to figure out for me what the customs fees are like for shipping to the US.

Definitely let us know how it's looking, I'm tempted to go for broke on a couple of things if I don't turn up any good deals while I'm in LA in the next couple of days.

I'm going to try and go through Quoddy though, decided that I need me some 6 hole moc boots with boat soles.

I just enquired about the same thing the other day after seeing those RG boots

The crepe and wrap would look a bit goofy on me but the camp sole just makes it

waiting to hear back about options and shipping but someone said before they've slowed a bit due to demand

Those Albam Deck shoes are Quoddy made, as were the special make up crepe-soled mocassins they sold in the shop in previous seasons.

How do you know, may I ask?

Assuming this is the case, Quoddy should be able to supply boat shoes at 1/2 the price of albam (at current exchange rates). I couldn't see the boat boots on their website, however.

How do you know, may I ask?

Assuming this is the case, Quoddy should be able to supply boat shoes at 1/2 the price of albam (at current exchange rates). I couldn't see the boat boots on their website, however.

It came up in a chat I had in the shop once. Plus they had loads of Quoddy boxes stored in the shop.

i fucking want those BoO sperrys. damn.

Not really impressed with the sperry boots compared to Quoddy/Rogues Gallery grizzly boots--diff animal I know. Can't wait to seee the price on the sperry's.

the Rogues Gallery deck boots are hand-sewn by Quoddy in Maine....

Fixed. Excuse me if that's what you were getting at.

What are the feelings on the Quoddy ring boots? I've been jonesing for a pair but I've been put off by reports of Quoddy's loooooong lead time (and I don't want black, so southwillard is not an option). I dig the crepe sole on a brown ring boot. Too "Phish concert"? According to the online shop at Quoddy, they're the #1 seller. Who's got a pair?

ringbootsgm7.jpg

Definitely let us know how it's looking, I'm tempted to go for broke on a couple of things if I don't turn up any good deals while I'm in LA in the next couple of days.

just got this email from Albam:

"had an email back from one of our regular NYC based customers and he has said that he has never had any problems with customs duty being added to his orders. He mentioned that he has been purchasing from Europe and Japan and has never had any extra charges applied to his orders.

Now I am not sure if he has just been lucky over the years or if it is only levied on to goods that are couriered in to the USA, I'm not sure. I thought I'd pass his feedback on though."

Not sure what to make of it - I know people have had problems with this from other stores in the UK - Oki-ni or Oi Olloi? But what are we talking in terms of amount for a Customs fee? I have no idea - is it a percentage of the retail cost of the goods? Is it random which packages are checked by customs? Does anyone know how it works? Is there another thread on this or something?

Theres a few threads but nothing conclusive as to how or why things get charged

I've ordered plenty internationally and never been charged by UK customs

The only thing I can think of that would cause a charge is the value of the item as there is a space for this on the customs form. Marking as a gift or reducing the goods value should avoid it which I always do when sending to the US but I guess theres no way to be sure.

Not really impressed with the sperry boots compared to Quoddy/Rogues Gallery grizzly boots--diff animal I know. Can't wait to seee the price on the sperry's.

Fixed. Excuse me if that's what you were getting at.

What are the feelings on the Quoddy ring boots? I've been jonesing for a pair but I've been put off by reports of Quoddy's loooooong lead time (and I don't want black, so southwillard is not an option). I dig the crepe sole on a brown ring boot. Too "Phish concert"? According to the online shop at Quoddy, they're the #1 seller. Who's got a pair?

ringbootsgm7.jpg

uhm i technically have a pair but have not recieved them yet ahah

got black from south willard

cant wait til they get here

that's not true, yes i can, i cant see myself wearing them until october anyway