High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

what do you high fashion mouintaneerers use for small scale water storage on a hike or excursion. does general research have something or do you all just fuck with nalgene? i am just trying to get down with the H20 bottle hype.

wait, those llbeans arent what you had up earlier, the higher laced up ones look much better

yeah pic was kinda big

If you prefer the higher one it's called the bison bean boot but most styles you can find on the bay for cheap

just search for maine hunting boot

wait, those llbeans arent what you had up earlier, the higher laced up ones look much better

As far as I know they're called duck boots and you can find them everywhere.

Visvim even made some.

visvim-decoy-duck-boot-hi.jpg

here's another pair found with google

035306068sergio.jpg

and LL Beans

llbean_boots.jpg

I have the Sigg, but there is some controversy regarding the lining of the bottle; in short, whether the lining does indeed leech BPA. A safer choice would be Kleen Kanteen.

There is no escaping the cancer.

jeeez, you serious...i got a sigg cause of the concern over nalgene bottles.....i'm just going to shoot myself and save time

and those blck ll bean duck boots look sweet.....

i have the low top visvim duck boots and i love em....

edit: just read more about the Sigg bottles...they are not plastic lined so no real worries....phew..just got finished loading the gun.......

^ Actually, that link isn't the one I was looking for, but Sigg is notorious for not disclosing what exactly their bottles is lined with. I read that there is a .000000000001 trace amount of some scary phantom chemical (read: an acceptable risk) that is leached into (hot) water in Sigg bottles, whereas Kleen Kanteen is 0.

I know this half-remembered anecdotal evidence coming from a foggy-brained anonymous dude on the internet doesn't mean much, but it stuck with me, sorta.

• 2 weeks later...
These Acne joints are tight.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=55989

5 bills and out at the end of august. After spending a good few weeks off the internet that price seems ridiculous. I need to get back in the swing of things....

That's actually because $500 really is too much for those boots. Maybe you should spend more time off the internet, keep things in perspective?

0023hpj9.jpg

From the mens style buying guide. Bergdorf Goodman skiing boot.

These look pretty nice, thinking of getting a pair when I'm in NY later this month. Could do with a pair of nice looking boots for trekking about in the mountains. Wonder if these are as well made as they are pretty though.