High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

about the black suede mountain lights 2's:

Hi ------,

Thank you for your email. Where are you located? The only place we may have some Danner Japan factory second's is at our Outlet Store here in Portland, OR.

Although they are manufactured here, we do not sell them. There are few 2nd Quality D. Japan boots at our factory store, but that is the only way to get them. Unfortunately we can only sell these out of the store, as they have minor cosmetic defects. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Michelle Thomassian

Danner Internet Customer Service

1-800-345-0430

[email protected]

what's the pricing of those Japanese Danvers located at the outlet store I. Oregon? I got my girl in Portland over the weekend many she can do some pickups? Anyone got the store telephone number?

Do the japnese sold versions have askew number? Don't want to risk calling and getting a 16 year old kid picking up the phone and saying I dot know what yoour talkie about.

I'm going to call the portland factory store tomorrow to see what they have...

let me know if you find someone who lives there who will proxy them, I do the same if I find someone.

I called the store the guy said they have a lot of the Japanese only sold versions of the light mountineering boots in a black color or a reddish brown. Unfortunatly the largest size is a size 10. Do dangers fit large? I'm a size 10.5 in alden boots or any boots I guess. Would a size 10 be good? For those of u familiar with the sizing of danner boots? Thanks

Also in store price is $139.00 for them. Sold in store only no phone orders.

If anyone wants to call the store for any questions the number is...

503-251-1111

I got a pair of those grizzly boots in september this year. Until now they have been great. I got them with sheepskin lining. They really take the shape of your foot and are really comfy and warm. I use mink oil for them, and they look good. I don't have a camera, else I would have posted pics. For me they are not expensive, but that might be personal, I just know that would I get a handmade boot like that where I live, it would cost me a lot more.

I got a pair of those grizzly boots in september this year. Until now they have been great. I got them with sheepskin lining. They really take the shape of your foot and are really comfy and warm. I use mink oil for them, and they look good. I don't have a camera, else I would have posted pics. For me they are not expensive, but that might be personal, I just know that would I get a handmade boot like that where I live, it would cost me a lot more.

How are they size wise? Say if you are a size 11 in Vans but can pull off a size 11 in some Nikes as well (like Flight 89's...which are cut like some earlier Jordan's...namely Jordan 4's). I'm about to put in my order for a pair.

I have a size 8.5 in vans, don't know my size in nikes. But also have a european size 42 in most shoes, so I got a 8.5 for these as well and they fit well. They 'feel' kinda big, but they are not too big. I guess it is because they are just more thick boots, with the lining and the rubber around it and all. They're not the kind of boots that would make your feet seem smaller, but you can wear them really snug, and they fit great around my feet.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows other online retailers (that ships international) beside the Quoddy site for ordering their grizzly boots? They look really awesome.

Quoddy currently have 4-6 week before delivery through their site. That's too long for me, winters almost over by then...

help appreciated, thanks :)

Still on the hunt for something for this winter.

Gonna hit some downtown Japanese consignment shops in the next couple and see if I have any luck with some size 11's, since that's the largest those spots ever stock. Will post results if any.

Yoski lemme know when you wanna do that. And you're an 11 as well? Uh oh...comp.